Calgary @ Winnipeg Pre-game.

Started by Pigskin, October 04, 2026, 02:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorRomano

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 05, 2026, 07:03:06 PMI stand corrected, that was the Argo game.  I shouldn't have suggested it was his fault even if he was on the AR. It was a cumulative failure starting with preparation and execution leaving a player uncovered.

This wasn't a (whole) special teams execution failure in my mind.  They jumbo guys you have on the field to block for a FG are entirely differently athletically than the gunners you put of the field for punting situations.  No one expects Sergio to miss a sub-30 yard FG, so you're not putting the smaller/faster gunners on the field to block a DL bull rush witht he idea he might miss.  That play, and it's outcome was entirely on Sergio.  He had one job, as the saying goes....

Blueforlife

#46
Nobody is over hyping or over valuing Hansen, some of us simply like him and have been impressed with his play on his return.  We have simply pointed out his play and contributions.  Others are dumping on him and under stating his strong performance, which yes is one game but a nice indicator for what he might bring as this troubled season  comes to an end.  Some don't like role players how MOS values them, some of us do.  Neither is right but there is room for both sides of the coin.  They are not the solution to many of our problems but they provide some reliability, resilience and consistency on a team in transition and looking for its new identity.

They are not all home run hitters, bench players also can churn RBIs.

Blue In BC

#47
Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 04:01:16 PMNobody is over hyping or over valuing Hansen, some of us simply like him and have been impressed with his play on his return.  We have simply pointed out his play and contributions.  Others are dumping on him and under stating his strong performance, which yes is one game but a nice indicator for what he might bring as this troubled season  comes to an end.  Some don't like role players how MOS values them, some of us do.  Neither is right but there is room for both sides of the coin.  They are not the solution to many of our problems but they provide some reliability, resilience and consistency on a team in transition and looking for its new identity.

They are not all home run hitters, bench players also can churn RBIs.

What did he do? Highlight one other play other than the 3rd and short. I saw him flash once on a K/O return but I didn't see him or anybody do anything to particularly impress.  He didn't record any stats on SY. I didn't see him blow anybody up.

So show me another highlight worth discussing to suggest he impressed.

Kelly and Ayers led ST work and IIRC Kelly did blow up somebody once.  Each had 2 ST's.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

#48
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 04:37:20 PMWhat did he do? Highlight one other play other than the 3rd and short. I saw him flash once on a K/O return but I didn't see him or anybody do anything to particularly impress.  He didn't record any stats on SY. I didn't see him blow anybody up.

So show me another highlight worth discussing to suggest he impressed.

Kelly and Ayers led ST work and IIRC Kelly did blow up somebody once.  Each had 2 ST's.
TLB pointed it out already, sounds like someone wasn't accepting of his accurate description of his performance earlier in this thread.  Its ok, you and some don't like him or want him here, but the facts remain, he had a good game within  the role he plays.

"Hansen is a beast, he was inserted on short yardage as an immovable object and was key to stopping the Als at least twice in the first half alone. Watch for the Stamps to avoid sneaks to his side of the field.

I don't think you understand the role he plays and why they went out and got him. Maybe Superman could redirect to a cross field lateral and track down the returner but an ordinary human has no chance, it was a perfectly executed play."

Here is the big one which you replied to that you already deleted the game and still doubled down against his analysis.... and I quote

"He's also playing on short yardage which happens 5-10 times per game, go back and watch those 2 plays and tell me who else can fill that role?  They already have a roster full of ST players that can't. They reached out across the world to bring him back for good reason and it had nothing to do with nostalgia, he fills a unique role."


Blue In BC

#49
Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 05:02:24 PMTLB pointed it out already, sounds like someone wasn't accepting of his accurate description of his performance earlier in this thread.  Its ok, you and some don't like him or want him here, but the facts remain, he had a good game within  the role he plays.

Hansen is a beast, he was inserted on short yardage as an immovable object and was key to stopping the Als at least twice in the first half alone. Watch for the Stamps to avoid sneaks to his side of the field.

I don't think you understand the role he plays and why they went out and got him. Maybe Superman could redirect to a cross field lateral and track down the returner but an ordinary human has no chance, it was a perfectly executed play.



This is  what he said but it comes off as an opinion. I didn't see any of that on TV. Again, feel free to show any highlight of that expression. We didn't break any long returns. The Als had a typical return day against our ST group.

Quoted below:

He also caused havoc on ST as he can't be handled by a single man, he just throws them out of the way. I didn't notice if he took any normal reps on the D-line and don't really see the need to do so.  Sounds like he wants to continue playing football and can't see any reason the Bombers wouldn't accommodate his physical dominance for a year or two more.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

#50
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 05:05:51 PMThat's what he said but it comes off as an opinion. I didn't see any of that on TV. Again, feel free to show any highlight of that expression.

He also caused havoc on ST as he can't be handled by a single man, he just throws them out of the way. I didn't notice if he took any normal reps on the D-line and don't really see the need to do so.  Sounds like he wants to continue playing football and can't see any reason the Bombers wouldn't accommodate his physical dominance for a year or two more.

I was in edit mode and you missed my final point.  No need for a highlight real, two of us have made our point here.  He made an impact on short yardage and his physicality will be an asset in this regard and on teams going forward imo. 

I seen the big stuff on TV and was on the replay.  Sounds like TLB seen more and I trust he isn't providing an opinion but facts of what he seen.  Sounded like he rewatched it.  Lets let him chime in. Really splitting hair here imo.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 05:08:26 PMI was in edit mode and you missed my final point.  No need for a highlight real, two of us have made our point here.


A highlight reel would support the positive review from you both. As I said, I didn't see anything besides the 3rd and 1.

Show me why I'm wrong and I'll recant his performance.

Where did you see something that indicated I changed my mind?
One game at a time

Blueforlife

#52
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 05:12:52 PMA highlight reel would support the positive review from you both. As I said, I didn't see anything besides the 3rd and 1.

Show me why I'm wrong and I'll recant his performance.

Where did you see something that indicated I changed my mind?
I got mixed up there with quote city lol

I am not interested in showing you clips, you can do the homework, I trust TLB on this one.  What I seen is supported by what he posted.

What more important is can he do it again?  His big stuff gets him on the AR next week.

Love the poll :) will he nice to get more info on his impact which would be interesting to consider for roster move this week

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 05:14:15 PMI got mixed up there with quote city lol

I am not interested in showing you clips, you can do the homework, I trust TLB on this one.  What I seen is supported by what he posted.

What more important is can he do it again?  His big stuff gets him on the AR next week.

And yet you are unwilling to show me what you saw and can still suggest beast mode. That's laughable. Go ahead and vote in the poll I just started.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

#54
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 05:20:49 PMAnd yet you are unwilling to show me what you saw and can still suggest beast mode. That's laughable. Go ahead and vote in the poll I just started.
I am not pulling highlights, I don't want to nor have the ability to.

I seen him on the big stuff and TLB indicated his support for his play.  What's laughable is that you have two people telling you the same thing but refuse to listen to them.  The poll will be telling. 

You can remain in the anti Hansen crowd, that's fine.  Others will post their views and I trust the people that post on here a lot.

I called him a beast as that's how he plays.  I use the beast comment as both when players are physical and when have a big game.  Really splitting hairs on so many levels here.  Trying to throw shade when there is no reason or value. 

Blue In BC

#55
Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 05:24:56 PMI am not pulling highlights, I don't want to nor have the ability to.

I seen him on the big stuff and TLB indicated his support for his play.  What's laughable is that you have two people telling you the same thing but refuse to listen to them.  The poll will be telling. 

You can remain in the anti Hansen crowd, that's fine.  Others will post their views and I trust the people that post on here a lot.

I called him a beast as that's how he plays.  I use the beast comment as both when players are physical and when have a big game.  Really splitting hairs on so many levels here.  Trying to throw shade when there is no reason or value. 

That's just another excuse. Often performance is stat based but not always. You used the beast mode because that's the way he plays. It's the way he played in 2019.  The Argos disagreed and released him

I can say O.Wilson had a great game being targeted 6 time with 5 receptions for over 100 yards and 1 TD.

OTOH, I can Demski had a horrible game with only 2 targets and no receptions.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 05:32:42 PMThat's just another excuse. Often performance is stat based but not always.

I can say O.Wilson had a great game being targeted 6 time with 5 receptions for over 100 yards and 1 TD.

OTOH, I can Demski had a horrible game with only 2 targets and no receptions.
There is no excuse, if you don't believe us, do your homework lol, we are not putting in the work for you just because you don't believe us lol

Pokey was boss

Demski was invisible

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 05:37:23 PMThere is no excuse, if you don't believe us, do your homework lol, we are not putting in the work for you just because you don't believe us lol

Pokey was boss

Demski was invisible

It's an excuse. You are putting your belief / opinion in what one other poster said without even referencing something else he actually did with or without a video sample.
I'd also note he has more credibility than you do but that's another issue.
One game at a time

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 05:45:18 PMIt's an excuse. You are putting your belief / opinion in what one other poster said without even referencing something else he actually did with or without a video sample.
I'd also note he has more credibility than you do but that's another issue.

Why should we do anything for you?  You deleted the game before it was over in a fit of anger and can't be bothered to re-watch it with an analytical eye rather than in an emotional rage. Burn baby burn, till nothing remains and we're all covered in soot.

Blueforlife

#59
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 05:45:18 PMIt's an excuse. You are putting your belief / opinion in what one other poster said without even referencing something else he actually did with or without a video sample.
I'd also note he has more credibility than you do but that's another issue.
Personal shot reported, unbelievable, I call it like it is (how I see it), always have, always will

It's not an excuse see below.  You just can't appear to stand having two people on the opposite end of your position.

Talk ball, please, personal jabs have no place here, thanks

I trust TLB and his unbiased opinion, that is allowed without being razzed for doing so wow

I believe that Hansen played well within his role on short yardage and likely helped a bit on teams.  I trust TLB and his summary of his impact on SY.  Making a mountain about a mole hill to push your anti Hansen narrative imo.  We like Hansen and he had a good game, that's it lol.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on Today at 06:16:27 PMWhy should we do anything for you?  You deleted the game before it was over in a fit of anger and can't be bothered to re-watch it with an analytical eye rather than in an emotional rage. Burn baby burn, till nothing remains and we're all covered in soot.
Props, facts, reason and calling it exactly how it is

A little harsh perhaps but on point, thanks, on the same page here

Yes we ain't pulling film for him lol we know what we saw 😉