Calgary @ Winnipeg Pre-game.

Started by Pigskin, October 04, 2026, 02:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

#15
Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 04:21:11 PMGood to no, didn't start my injury thread this week!

Vaval was tested and tested often and did ok considering, he isn't ready or might be better suited as a backup but he was our best option imo to cover the class of the CFL

Will be interesting if gets the start again, I think I would rather develop Texada and let Vaval cook at what he is king at and rotate him as needed

Smith would help with rotation

Anyone notice if Griffin was ok? I didn't notice much either way.  I think he needs a couple games to get to full speed.

Pokey has a big wrap on his one hand but didn't impact him, hope he doesn't hurt it again.  Some rag on him at times but he is deadly.

Didn't see much of Griffin but we don't have 2 games for him to get up to speed. I'd guess that if Smith returns he'd get most of the reps. Stuart would get bumped back to PR.

Interestingly Hansen made one key play on short yardage. I couldn't tell if he is a better option on ST's than Stuart so that's a variable. Stuart did make an ST but Hansen did not.

Hansen was probably added due to Fletcher, Ceresna, Schemkel and Gatkouth all with injuries being nursed. That had to impact their performance.

I'd give serious thought to adding one of the DL from the PR and taking Texada off the AR. If Vaval is starting then he's not getting many reps anyway. speed on the outside against VAJ might help.

Texada didn't record a stat and I'm not sure if he even saw the field? I'm not dissing him but another DL might be a preferable option than another DB now that Kramdi is back.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

#16
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 04:42:20 PMDidn't see much of Griffin but we don't have 2 games for him to get up to speed. I'd guess that if Smith returns he'd get most of the reps. Stuart would get bumped back to PR.

Interestingly Hansen made one key play on short yardage. I couldn't tell if he is a better option on ST's than Stuart so that's a variable. Stuart did make an ST but Hansen did not.

Hansen was probably added due to Fletcher, Ceresna, Schemkel and Gatkouth all with injuries being nursed. That had to impact their performance.

I'd give serious thought to adding one of the DL from the PR and taking Texada off the AR. If Vaval is starting then he's not getting many reps anyway. speed on the outside against VAJ might help.

Texada didn't record a stat and I'm not sure if he even saw the field?

Some great points, Hansen did make that big play, yes he is fresh meat and likely helped him get on the AR.  I didn't see Texada at all.   Seen a lot of Kelly, maybe too much :(
Good point about Smith replacing reps for Griffin
You see Stuart at all on D?
Interesting idea that Texada could come off.  Vaval's speed might be needed again.  These reps will really help him and determine if he can play both sides of the ball consistently.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 04:57:45 PMSome great points, Hansen did make that big play, yes he is fresh meat and likely helped him get on the AR.  I didn't see Texada at all.   Seen a lot of Kelly, maybe too much :(
Good point about Smith replacing reps for Griffin
You see Stuart at all on D?
Interesting idea that Texada could come off.  Vaval's speed might be needed again.  These reps will really help him and determine if he can play both sides of the ball consistently.

I didn't see Stuart on defence and think Kramdi returning eliminated as much need for an extra DB. Even Griffin might have be used in some situations if Smith returns.

The bigger point was maybe fresh legs being added on the DL might be more useful considering injury and health of our DL players.

Pressure on VAJ forces him into mistakes. So I see a higher priority on the DL than the secondary. Roster size and ratio play a big part in that statement.

I like Texada but if he's not going to be starting then maybe this is the week to bump him.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 05:46:13 PMI didn't see Stuart on defence and think Kramdi returning eliminated as much need for an extra DB. Even Griffin might have be used in some situations if Smith returns.

The bigger point was maybe fresh legs being added on the DL might be more useful considering injury and health of our DL players.

Pressure on VAJ forces him into mistakes. So I see a higher priority on the DL than the secondary. Roster size and ratio play a big part in that statement.

I like Texada but if he's not going to be starting then maybe this is the week to bump him.
Yes to fresh legs and speed to make VA go bad mode

Agree Griffin wil get rep

Texada likely stays as a decent backup but a good debate if needed or worth it

Tape on Vaval will likley be a factor

GOLDMEMBER

I have a hard time thinking we win this game.

Poor coordinator game plans
Bad OL
Suspect secondary
Sub standard DL

Season ticket holder since year 1 of the Reinbold era.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 04:42:20 PMDidn't see much of Griffin but we don't have 2 games for him to get up to speed. I'd guess that if Smith returns he'd get most of the reps. Stuart would get bumped back to PR.

Interestingly Hansen made one key play on short yardage. I couldn't tell if he is a better option on ST's than Stuart so that's a variable. Stuart did make an ST but Hansen did not.

Hansen was probably added due to Fletcher, Ceresna, Schemkel and Gatkouth all with injuries being nursed. That had to impact their performance.


Hansen is a beast, he was inserted on short yardage as an immovable object and was key to stopping the Als at least twice in the first half alone. Watch for the Stamps to avoid sneaks to his side of the field.

He also caused havoc on ST as he can't be handled by a single man, he just throws them out of the way. I didn't notice if he took any normal reps on the D-line and don't really see the need to do so.  Sounds like he wants to continue playing football and can't see any reason the Bombers wouldn't accommodate his physical dominance for a year or two more.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on Today at 06:26:25 PMHansen is a beast, he was inserted on short yardage as an immovable object and was key to stopping the Als at least twice in the first half alone. Watch for the Stamps to avoid sneaks to his side of the field.

He also caused havoc on ST as he can't be handled by a single man, he just throws them out of the way. I didn't notice if he took any normal reps on the D-line and don't really see the need to do so.  Sounds like he wants to continue playing football and can't see any reason the Bombers wouldn't accommodate his physical dominance for a year or two more.

I see no real need for Hansen in 2027. A 2nd import comes at the cost of a Canadian on the roster. Where was he on that pass by Grant that cost us about 40 yards on that last return?
One game at a time

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 06:44:12 PMI see no real need for Hansen in 2027. A 2nd import comes at the cost of a Canadian on the roster. Where was he on that pass by Grant that cost us about 40 yards on that last return?

Hansen wasn't on the AR when Grant made that play.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 06:44:12 PMI see no real need for Hansen in 2027. A 2nd import comes at the cost of a Canadian on the roster. Where was he on that pass by Grant that cost us about 40 yards on that last return?

I don't think you understand the role he plays and why they went out and got him. Maybe Superman could redirect to a cross field lateral and track down the returner but an ordinary human has no chance, it was a perfectly executed play.

Blue In BC

#24
Quote from: Pigskin on Today at 06:54:57 PMHansen wasn't on the AR when Grant made that play.

I stand corrected, that was the Argo game.  I shouldn't have suggested it was his fault even if he was on the AR. It was a cumulative failure starting with preparation and execution leaving a player uncovered.
One game at a time

Blue In BC

#25
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on Today at 06:56:49 PMI don't think you understand the role he plays and why they went out and got him. Maybe Superman could redirect to a cross field lateral and track down the returner but an ordinary human has no chance, it was a perfectly executed play.

I understand it perfectly. It's a systemic problem with MOS bringing back older vets that we should be moving on from.  Earlier he brought back Oyelolo.

Hansen will be 34 in December. He last played in 2025.  He shouldn't be on our roster in 2027.

A global player that only plays ST's ( aside from a kicking role ) is wasted spot at the expense of a Canadian. The Argos added a global player as their 2nd global and he has 23 DT's in his 1st season.

I don't get the fascination with Hansen.  We have many ST players that are sitting on the PR or IR. There is no room for him next year.

Our ST's have generally had a good year with the exception of a couple of plays in a couple of games.



One game at a time

Blueforlife

#26
Complaining about Hansen when he stuffed a 3rd and short is about as short sited as it gets.  He is a beast, he came on the AR and made an immediate impact.  Yes he is old.  He is also effective on teams and can rotate a bit on the DL.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on Today at 06:26:25 PMHansen is a beast, he was inserted on short yardage as an immovable object and was key to stopping the Als at least twice in the first half alone. Watch for the Stamps to avoid sneaks to his side of the field.

He also caused havoc on ST as he can't be handled by a single man, he just throws them out of the way. I didn't notice if he took any normal reps on the D-line and don't really see the need to do so.  Sounds like he wants to continue playing football and can't see any reason the Bombers wouldn't accommodate his physical dominance for a year or two more.
facts are presented above

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 07:04:11 PMI understand it perfectly. It's a systemic problem with MOS bringing back older vets that we should be moving on from.  Earlier he brought back Oyelolo.

Hansen will be 34 in December. He last played in 2025.  He shouldn't be on our roster in 2027.

A global player that only plays ST's ( aside from a kicking role ) is wasted spot at the expense of a Canadian. The Argos added a global player as their 2nd global and he has 23 DT's in his 1st season.

I don't get the fascination with Hansen.  We have many ST players that are sitting on the PR or IR. There is no room for him next year.

He's also playing on short yardage which happens 5-10 times per game, go back and watch those 2 plays and tell me who else can fill that role?  They already have a roster full of ST players that can't. They reached out across the world to bring him back for good reason and it had nothing to do with nostalgia, he fills a unique role.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 07:04:11 PMA global player that only plays ST's ( aside from a kicking role ) is wasted spot at the expense of a Canadian. The Argos added a global player as their 2nd global and he has 23 DT's in his 1st season.

I don't get the fascination with Hansen.  We have many ST players that are sitting on the PR or IR. There is no room for him next year.

Most Bomber Globals other than kickers sat on the PR until they get cut, Hansen has been the exception.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on Today at 07:32:09 PMHe's also playing on short yardage which happens 5-10 times per game, go back and watch those 2 plays and tell me who else can fill that role?  They already have a roster full of ST players that can't. They reached out across the world to bring him back for good reason and it had nothing to do with nostalgia, he fills a unique role.


I deleted the game before it was finished. Regardless I disagree. The Argos are a better team than the Bombers and they choose to release him.

If all our Canadian ST players are so bad then is the team that useless in the draft? We haven't had any global players besides Sheehan stick even on our PR. Another drafting failure.

I'd say Smith is the player that would replace him on ST's and on SY plays. We see Lawson, Kramdi and several other players on those downs.



One game at a time