Calgary @ Winnipeg Pre-game.

Started by Pigskin, October 04, 2026, 02:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Last home game of the season. It's win or your done for the Bombers. Like to see Zach back for this one.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blueforlife

VA looking great.  Only a 100% healthy Zach and A game and we win.  Will be fun either way. I expect Calgary to put up 30+.

Weather looks good.  Will be a hardly contested match likely with so much on the line.

Blue In BC

We need to find a way to win regardless of who is healthy enough to play.
One game at a time

Waffler

Not sure what we can do other than give our best effort, play the best game of the season. If Calgary does the same it could be very tight indeed.

This IS a playoff game. 2027 came early and this is the round 1, west division showdown.   A play-in game.
"Don't cry and don't rage. Understand." ― Spinoza
__________________________________________________
Everything seems stupid when it fails.  - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Blue In BC

I don't think we lost any players to new injuries. We might get Smith back next week. So the biggest question revolves around Collaros and whether he plays.

I'm not sure any of that matters. The season is on the line and the team that wants it the most and is the most efficient should win.

We're due for one game where more things go our way than don't.

I think the math says which ever team loses is out altogether.

One game at a time

3rdand1.5

Cal. has a very good D-line, I cant see anyway Condell and our O-line handle them, especially if Zach plays. If Zack plays I would expect a high number of sacks. If we go down and/or abandon the run game that D-line will dominate us.... I just don't see us vs. Cal in any way favorable to us.

dd

This is THE game of the year, season on the line, I am hoping our fans will play a factor in this game, and if Collaros is in, we have a chance. I am not confident whatsoever in Brown, who put up what 10 points against Montreal, 10 points ain't getting it done.

Run Brady and ball control offense, mix in Wilson on the screen pass and DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER, and it will be close.

Adams has been on a good run, which means the bad VA is bound to show up soon, let's hope its this game!! He seems to melt down when the pressure is on.

Sir Blue and Gold

It doesn't really matter who is playing quarterback unless we can protect better and get some defensive stops.

I doubt we can do either.

It's likely a lopsided loss to end the season. More humble pie for Mike "I don't need to use the modern roster rules" O'Shea.

Waffler

Calgary has a one day longer week. Our defense is still going to be tired after playing over 40 minutes.

Vaval: 8 tackles. He's done well but at the expense of his returns, has he brought one back since he's done double duty? Special teams is where we always had an advantage previously.

Offense, we are out gunned. If Adams is on his game against a tired defense it could get ugly. Not sure we can score enough to hang in with them.

I still hope for a win, it's possible. The mood reminds me of the 1988 playoff when only 11,000 and change actually attended the game here.
"Don't cry and don't rage. Understand." ― Spinoza
__________________________________________________
Everything seems stupid when it fails.  - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Sir Blue and Gold

Vaval had eight tackles because he was a yard behind coverage all day.

Waffler

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on Today at 02:37:34 PMVaval had eight tackles because he was a yard behind coverage all day.

I get what you are saying but on the other hand a lot of those balls where just thrown perfectly into tiny windows. It shows what an elite QB means in my opinion.
"Don't cry and don't rage. Understand." ― Spinoza
__________________________________________________
Everything seems stupid when it fails.  - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Waffler on Today at 02:39:57 PMI get what you are saying but on the other hand a lot of those balls where just thrown perfectly into tiny windows. It shows what an elite QB means in my opinion.

For sure. He also didn't have much help totally get that. On the other hand he's the only one of the field who can make most of those plays the way the defense was called so he can either do it or he can't? He has not exactly leaped off the page at corner this year. For an American playing a position that isn't the hardest on the field, it's been a struggle.