Zach will be our QB in 2027(?)

Started by Tecno, October 04, 2026, 03:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

I for.one hope collaros is back next year, who I don't want back is bryant, Wallace and elisbury!!

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on Today at 01:41:56 AMI for.one hope collaros is back next year, who I don't want back is bryant, Wallace and elisbury!!

The obvious concern is both his long and short term health. He can still have some mileage left in him but I'd just as soon he retires.

We don't really know what the injuries were this season. If they were actually more neck than concussion that might change the feeling. Regardless we know he has a lot of concussions and is missing more games each year.

One game at a time

blueandgoldguy

Quote from: Jesse on October 09, 2026, 11:25:25 PMWalters said after he signed Collaros last time that he's not going to play hardball with Zach. The cap is going up. If they decide that Zach is the guy - and we've heard again and again that they have - then why would he take a pay cut?

Collaros should only make as much next year as he has this year if he plays at least 80% (14-15 games) of the games.  If Walters gives him $600,000 or more next season with little of it based on incentives/games played that is incredibly weak negotiating on his part.  Yes, even with the rising salary cap this should be the case.

If Zach is actually interested in being a team player and he wants to be surrounded with good talent to lessen the chance of injury (better o-lineman) and increase the likelihood of improved play from both him and the team, he needs to be capable of making small sacrifices.

tlf

If we don't get a better oline, I don't want our best QB in many years playing again.

We had 3 man rushes tonight beating 5 Olinemen. Pathetic.  If we improve our OL, then I'm okay with it. I'm sure that would be part of his discussion IF he chose to come back.

Honestly, who else do we have that is any good to start and win games?  Perhaps Perkins could be there..but Elgersma is not there yet. 

dd

QuoteIf we don't get a better oline, I don't want our best QB in many years playing again.

We had 3 man rushes tonight beating 5 Olinemen. Pathetic.  If we improve our OL, then I'm okay with it. I'm sure that would be part of his discussion IF he chose to come back.

Honestly, who else do we have that is any good to start and win games?  Perhaps Perkins could be there..but Elgersma is not there yet.
Bottom line is we have nobody in house capable of leading us to a winning record. Sorry mr brown you are not it. 

You nailed the obvious thing thing that needs to be done—- we need to grossly upgrade our putrid O line, as even if zach does play in 2027, he will FOR SURE be injured behind these sloths. I saw everyone of them get beat tonight, except neufeld, so there's lots of room for improvement. We need a LT, LG and centre, neufeld and Broxton can stay, all others see ya later

we also need a MLB and safety, but of paramount importance is upgrading our O line, and this has been needed for the last 3 years, why is it so hard to get 3 players who can block consistently!? Our O line isn't just bad it's really bad, leads the league in sacks given up and games lost due to Qb injury. Wake the heck up and address this!!

Tecno

Quote from: Jesse on October 10, 2026, 04:15:12 PMWell, he appreciates your concern but is still choosing to play (according to his last interview).

And according to the pro Zach pro more playing post game on field interview of Zach... Not sure if that made it to tv.

I've noticed that everyone involved is already trying to sell 2027 Zach to fans.
Never go full Johnston!

peg_city

Bombers were 6-4 when Zach played the majority of the reps.

Of the four losses, 1 was to SSK in O/T, 1 was due to a walk-off field goal in EDM, 1 was vs EDM where Demski was taken down at the last play of the game at the opponents 10 yard line (if there were 20 more seconds on the clock, we win that game), and one we lost to Hamilton where Collaros put up 421 yards.

He's easily the best option.

Tecno

Let's all appreciate for a moment that the game we just witnessed may be the last time we see Zach playing in PAS, or maybe at least dressed in blue & gold.  I don't think it's likely (see the title of this thread), but it is very possible.  If so, I'm glad to have been there, and stayed for his post-game on-field speech from the heart.

I'm torn between the 2 theories because on the one hand the pressers lately are building up Zach to prepare for a possible 2027 return, but stuff like Zach's on-field postgame and CJOB postgame have him saying some weird things in weird ways that hint it's his last outing.  He's getting nostalgic and he said one sentence in the past tense...

It's weird and the mixed signals are driving me nuts, to be honest.  And we may not know until Dec, or even FA, what the answer is.
Never go full Johnston!

Waffler

Quote from: Tecno on Today at 10:35:15 AMLet's all appreciate for a moment that the game we just witnessed may be the last time we see Zach playing in PAS, or maybe at least dressed in blue & gold.  I don't think it's likely (see the title of this thread), but it is very possible.  If so, I'm glad to have been there, and stayed for his post-game on-field speech from the heart.

I'm torn between the 2 theories because on the one hand the pressers lately are building up Zach to prepare for a possible 2027 return, but stuff like Zach's on-field postgame and CJOB postgame have him saying some weird things in weird ways that hint it's his last outing.  He's getting nostalgic and he said one sentence in the past tense...

It's weird and the mixed signals are driving me nuts, to be honest.  And we may not know until Dec, or even FA, what the answer is.


He played like it was his last game at PAS. He was firing them like I haven't seen in a very long time. Good for him. Nice memory to have for him and the fans.
"Don't cry and don't rage. Understand." ― Spinoza
__________________________________________________
Everything seems stupid when it fails.  - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Sir Blue and Gold

Zach turned back the clock for everyone one last time. Super happy for him that he was able to do it and that the team was able to pull it off for him. The receivers were great and the protection was able to survive just enough.

There's a lot of things that didn't go very well, but for Zach, he balled out and had the place rocking one more time. It was really nice to see. I'm sure he'll go on to do cool stuff after football but that's a guy's life work right there.


towelie

If we can shed some salary and go hard after a few of the best available o-linemen to revamp that group... id love to see Zac back. But as it sits he'd only be healthy for maybe half the season behind that line so I dont really see the point TBH.

Sway

Offer him 300k and incentives after for starts and playing time.

If we get some oline help and another good receiver he still has some game.

Just hope we get Gunslinger Scrambler Zach  and not Zombie Low energy game manager Zach. 

When he's excited and motivated he's good.

Where else would he go to start?   Ottawa?  Toronto if Ottawa takes Kelley


TBURGESS

If he could do that more than once a year, well actually once in 3 years, I'd want him back. 
Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.

Blue In BC

#148
Is it my imagination but was Collaros wearing a different helmet? I thought he went away from the older style he normally wears and switched to the newer one most players wear.

I find it curious to see players make different helmets and face mask choices. 
One game at a time

Pigskin

A well rested, injury free ZC8 can be dangerous. ZC8 was well rested and looked healthy. But, how long will that last. Especially if he keeps going head first and doesn't slide. If you listen to ZC8 after the game on OB, he will be an OC one day.   
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.