Zach will be our QB in 2027(?)

Started by Tecno, October 04, 2026, 03:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebusRankin

If the club brings Zach back, we miss the playoffs next year.

Tecno

Quote from: RebusRankin on Today at 02:22:54 AMIf the club brings Zach back, we miss the playoffs next year.

Surely it can't be any worse than this year? What if we build the league best OL, you know like the 2021 OL.
Never go full Johnston!

jdrattops

Quote from: Tecno on Today at 10:43:20 AMSurely it can't be any worse than this year? What if we build the league best OL, you know like the 2021 OL.

The problem is we've been working on building the leagues worst since that time.  Nothing is going to change this if Osh keeps throwing out Stan and Gabe on the left side.

RebusRankin

Quote from: Tecno on Today at 10:43:20 AMSurely it can't be any worse than this year? What if we build the league best OL, you know like the 2021 OL.

So we're magically going to find a few new top level offensive linemen, a #1 Alpha receiver, better Canadian receiving talent and a new OC?

Zach has been on a decline since he left the game in Edmonton in August of 2023.

Waffler

Zach coming back reminds me of Masoli's last year when it was clearly over. He needs to just stop. Honestly if we take him back as starter then we need to clean house from Walters on down. That would be an epically bad decision. Why does it need to cost us another wasted year to find this out?
"Don't cry and don't rage. Understand." ― Spinoza
__________________________________________________
Everything seems stupid when it fails.  - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Blueforlife

Quote from: Tecno on October 08, 2026, 05:05:28 AMWillie and probably Neuf can play for several years still.  They aren't really the problem.  Nichols probably shouldn't, but might.  Is he worse than Moxey?  Probably not.

Interesting point on Nichols.  Yes the 1st two are still good.  The negativity around both is way over stated.  Folks said Willie was done a few years ago, that peanut gallery got a little quiet lately LOL.  Old doesn't always mean washed.

Some are are very doom and gloom about next year already.  Way too early for that.  This year isn't even over yet and the team will be a lot different.  Deep breath LOL. Trending the wrong way but buy low sell high LOL.

Tecno

Quote from: RebusRankin on Today at 12:23:44 PMSo we're magically going to find a few new top level offensive linemen, a #1 Alpha receiver, better Canadian receiving talent and a new OC?

Maybe on others' wish lists. Mine would just be 5 of the league best OL. I don't care about all the rest, as ssk has shown you can do it with just a good qb and best OL. everything else be darned. Well, and a good D.

And I'm fine with Condell. The called qb draw td vs Toronto was a genius call.
Never go full Johnston!

markf

Maybe zach is signalling the other teams that he wants to play next season.

He can't possibly be our qb next season. Even for much less money.

I wonder how he watches the videos of the games he's played in and thinks he can and

should play pro football.


RebusRankin

Quote from: Tecno on Today at 02:11:57 PMMaybe on others' wish lists. Mine would just be 5 of the league best OL. I don't care about all the rest, as ssk has shown you can do it with just a good qb and best OL. everything else be darned. Well, and a good D.

And I'm fine with Condell. The called qb draw td vs Toronto was a genius call.

Kesean Johnson is a legit Alpha WR and KSB and Emilus are better than any of our nationals but yeah say their WRs aren't good.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 01:42:05 PMInteresting point on Nichols.  Yes the 1st two are still good.  The negativity around both is way over stated.  Folks said Willie was done a few years ago, that peanut gallery got a little quiet lately LOL.  Old doesn't always mean washed.

Some are are very doom and gloom about next year already.  Way too early for that.  This year isn't even over yet and the team will be a lot different.  Deep breath LOL. Trending the wrong way but buy low sell high LOL.

Use of the phrase " over stated " is over stated. :)
One game at a time

Blueforlife

#100
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 04:48:05 PMUse of the phrase " over stated " is over stated. :)
make a poll asking folks if they think you are over stating my use of the phrase LOL

If Zach can sling nasty, stay healthy and win a playoff game he will get paid around half of what he was now for next year somewhere.  Otherwise it's a harder sell.

If he wins a cup based on his strong play, he gets 4-500K with most of it on bonuses.

I would put the 1st item at 25%

2nd at 5-10%.

I feel like tomorrow's game determines his fate for the most part.50/50 LOL

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 04:49:53 PMmake a poll asking folks if they think you are over stating my use of the phrase LOL

If Zach can sling nasty, stay healthy and win a playoff game he will get paid around half of what he was now for next year somewhere.  Otherwise it's a harder sell.

If he wins a cup based on his strong play, he gets 4-500K with most of it on bonuses.

I would put the 1st item at 25%

2nd at 5-10%.

I feel like tomorrow's game determines his fate for the most part.50/50 LOL

No. I'm going to go and cook in the kitchen with a slow developing recipe.
One game at a time

Big Daddy

Watched the presser with Zach.  I may be analyzing too much.  However, Zach didn't just jump up and say yes, I am playing next year.  He said he would like to, and followed it up with how he loves to play football.  Kind of a qualifier, as in - of course I would like to play, I love to play football.

I don't see that as him saying he is playing next year whether it is here or somewhere else.  To me it was somewhere between "yeah, it would nice to still play if I could" and "heck yes, why are you asking such a stupid question - of course I am playing next year". 

There's a lot of space between those statements, granted.  I just don't think it's a slam dunk he assumes he is playing next year.