Zach will be our QB in 2027(?)

Started by Tecno, October 04, 2026, 03:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on October 09, 2026, 06:44:24 PMHe's going to play and not take a pay cut at all.
I'll take that bet ($)

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 09, 2026, 06:37:03 PMpatience always pays off

I'm going to bake a cake. If I leave it in too long it will burn to a crisp. So no, patience doesn't always work.

Anyway. I hope Collaros was out long enough to feel close to 100% and can find the magic needed.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

#107
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2026, 07:50:42 PMI'm going to bake a cake. If I leave it in too long it will burn to a crisp. So no, patience doesn't always work.

Anyway. I hope Collaros was out long enough to feel close to 100% and can find the magic needed.
could use a easy bake oven next time LOL yes we need a little juju / magic for our leader

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Tecno on October 09, 2026, 02:11:57 PMMaybe on others' wish lists. Mine would just be 5 of the league best OL. I don't care about all the rest, as ssk has shown you can do it with just a good qb and best OL. everything else be darned. Well, and a good D.

And I'm fine with Condell. The called qb draw td vs Toronto was a genius call.

This is a simplistic but almost impossible solution, you can't buy the best O-line intact, although Hervey almost did when he purchased 3/4th of the Argos O-line in 2024. Individually O-linmen are all fat and slow, the magic happens when they come together as a unit and communicate well controlling the space between bodies, this process takes at least a half season to come together and is impossible to predict if they have the right players or not till they gel together.

I think the key to Sask. success last season was they continuously brought in new players throughout the season, upgrading the weak links as they went and not just treading water when they lost key players to injury.

Pigskin

We can only hope that Cline and Manu show up to TC next season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 09, 2026, 08:35:21 PMWe can only hope that Cline and Manu show up to TC next season.

Lot of people complaining about Gabe, but I'd sign him up for the next 5 years for one million dollars!


Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on October 09, 2026, 08:35:21 PMWe can only hope that Cline and Manu show up to TC next season.

I think it's reasonable to feel they may decide to come north in 2027 and get some game film to show NFL teams.
One game at a time

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2026, 09:03:56 PMI think it's reasonable to feel they may decide to come north in 2027 and get some game film to show NFL teams.

I find this notion that previously rejected players can boomerang back to the NFL with a year of CFL game film a tad crazy, I guess it's one of the tricks CFL scouts use to sign naive players.

I mean who told Elgersma to wait so long for the NFL to welcome him back when he could have been pocketing $100k sitting around on the Reserve Roster???

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 09, 2026, 10:43:15 PMI find this notion that previously rejected players can boomerang back to the NFL with a year of CFL game film a tad crazy, I guess it's one of the tricks CFL scouts use to sign naive players.

I mean who told Elgersma to wait so long for the NFL to welcome him back when he could have been pocketing $100k sitting around on the Reserve Roster???

Every off season some players get NFL option deals after failing the 1st time around. There are some starting on NFL rosters after some CFL time.

D. Alford comes to mind immediately. McCallister returned after some CFL time.

I'd have to do some searching but IIRC there are probably 5 or 6 players that were in the CFL that are now in the NFL this season?

Isn' that NFL option year the carrot to get them here in the 1st place?
One game at a time

tlf

Quote from: Jesse on October 09, 2026, 06:44:24 PMHe's going to play and not take a pay cut at all.

I think he, Trevor and Bo all go out together.  What a hole to fill.

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 09, 2026, 07:05:15 PMI'll take that bet ($)

Walters said after he signed Collaros last time that he's not going to play hardball with Zach. The cap is going up. If they decide that Zach is the guy - and we've heard again and again that they have - then why would he take a pay cut?
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on October 09, 2026, 11:25:25 PMWalters said after he signed Collaros last time that he's not going to play hardball with Zach. The cap is going up. If they decide that Zach is the guy - and we've heard again and again that they have - then why would he take a pay cut?

Who said the cap is going up in 2027? He'd take a cut because he's missing too many games. Any deal needs to take that into account for playing time.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on October 09, 2026, 11:25:25 PMWalters said after he signed Collaros last time that he's not going to play hardball with Zach. The cap is going up. If they decide that Zach is the guy - and we've heard again and again that they have - then why would he take a pay cut?
Because he isn't as good as he was before the last deal, because he is older, more often injured and more injury prone.  I have always been very supportive of Zach but the price will go down imo and I'll put $ on it.
Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2026, 11:48:32 PMWho said the cap is going up in 2027? He'd take a cut because he's missing too many games. Any deal needs to take that into account for playing time.
Facts

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 09, 2026, 11:48:32 PMWho said the cap is going up in 2027? He'd take a cut because he's missing too many games. Any deal needs to take that into account for playing time.

Not something we've seen in any contracts Walters has handed out before. So if it happens, it would be a change.
My wife is amazing!

RebusRankin

He's been on decline since 2023 and KW extended him a year early in 2025 to a big money contract so I don't see him taking a paycut.