Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg @ Montreal, October 3, 2026

Started by ModAdmin, October 02, 2026, 01:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tecno

Quote from: dd on Today at 01:54:23 AMTotally agree, I ve soured on him already, he isn't the answer and we have up 2 first round picks which makes this the biggest Qb have of the year

I look at all the trades the last 2-3 seasons and I don't think any team has traded their 1RDP (let alone a conditional 2RDP) for a backup QB.  Most trades are for 5th to 7th RDPs.  Even the highest quality players only command that.

OTT would have totally taken a single 3-4 RDP for him.  They just wanted to shed the SMS to make room for Kelly.  And no one else wanted him -- they all knew his limitations.
Never go full Johnston!

dd

Quote from: Tecno on Today at 02:02:25 AMI look at all the trades the last 2-3 seasons and I don't think any team has traded their 1RDP (let alone a conditional 2RDP) for a backup QB.  Most trades are for 5th to 7th RDPs.  Even the highest quality players only command that.

OTT would have totally taken a single 3-4 RDP for him.  They just wanted to shed the SMS to make room for Kelly.  And no one else wanted him -- they all knew his limitations.

You're totally right. I don't know why we came in so hot and heavy for this guy, giving up 1 first round pick would have raised eyebrows, 2 first round draft picks is what you give up for Kelly or Alexander not brown. But Walter's did it biggest gaff in trade history in my books as not only does it sting because he isn't starter material and never will be but it will bite us as those picks go east and we re getting nothing from the first round for the next 2 years. Auuuugh!!!!

Tecno

Quote from: dd on Today at 03:05:05 AM2 first round draft picks is what you give up for Kelly or Alexander not brown.

All agreed, but to correct the record it's 1RDP and a conditional 2nd.  Not 2 1RDPs as originally reported on this forum when the new broke.  So it's not quite as bad as we thought, except for the fact that our '27 1RDP is looking to be 3rd which adds to the sting.

I've asked repeatedly what the conditions are, and no one knows and it hasn't been made public (which is also weird).  But you'd have to think with all of the starts Dru has made for us this season I bet we've already hit that condition.
Never go full Johnston!

Tecno

If TOR loses to BC tomorrow, which is almost guaranteed given that Kelly is out, I do believe that means MTL would have nothing to play for.  The best TOR could do is tie MTL and I'm nearly positive MTL holds their tie-breaker.

Now, because their roster is declared, the starters & normal backups will still play, but they may not leave it all out on the field like they normally would.  Why take injuries (to that hammy!) if you don't have to??

That said, Alexander has still never lost at home (I think?), and they like to put on a good show for the home crowd (unlike our team this season...).  So they may still play hard if they aren't taking casualties or don't go down (or up) by too much.

But even with MTL #2's coming in at some positions, we'd still have our work cut out for us.  So I'm not getting my hopes up.  In the end it may be better if we have to play the top MTL players because I think we up our game when playing "should lose" games.
Never go full Johnston!