Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg @ Montreal, October 3, 2026

Started by ModAdmin, October 02, 2026, 01:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tecno

Why is Scott faster than Kramdi?  He's heavier than Brady yet Brady is half as fast?  Why does Brady make 3X Scott?
Never go full Johnston!


Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Tecno on October 04, 2026, 01:37:53 AMWhy is Scott faster than Kramdi?  He's heavier than Brady yet Brady is half as fast?  Why does Brady make 3X Scott?

Makes no sense. Paying a running back huge money who can't make all the runs is so stupid. Constantly outplayed and outtalented by league minimum Americans.


Tecno

MTL getting very cocky.  Keeping Alexander in when there's no way they can lose, and then calling a designed QB run up the gut?  Cocky we won't injure that hammy...
Never go full Johnston!

Big Daddy

Quote from: Tecno on October 04, 2026, 01:34:33 AMI'm mildly grumpy, but no more than the rest of the failed season.  But my take on Zach has not changed even once in the last 2 months.  If it's his swansong and he wants to play then he should play.  If he won't/can't then let's stop pretending and retire him yesterday.

It's so stupid to do this nonsense "Zach fell down with a booboo and will be out 4 weeks" over and over.  It only frustrates everyone and the team can never gel or get confidence, and the fans have no idea what's going on.

Zach won the 1st MTL game, he would have given us a chance in this one.  Keep in mind Dru not being able to stay on the field makes it harder for our D to operate as they get tired much faster.


Yes you have been consistent, and I still disagree with it.  Zach is our only hope for the season.  If he's injured, he's injured and you hope he gets back in and we win games because we can't without him.

But you don't go back in if it puts your long-term health at risk more than is needed.

I don't think you get the risks of concussions.  This isn't risking your leg and mobility like Strevy did, this is ability to function as a human beyond age 50, long after you are done football.

Tecno

Quote from: Big Daddy on October 04, 2026, 01:31:54 AMWe don't know if Zach is out with a concussion, my guess is that is what it is.  He is susceptible - that's how it works.  You get multiple concussions, you are at increased risk for more.  If you are clear, you can play, but if you are post-concussion and get another, that is a huge risk.

But Zach is always susceptible.  One finger on him and he's down with concussion and neck injuries.  Heck, even no finger on him, like in the INT fall-down where he last got "hurt".

So if you want to follow your logic then there's no way Zach should have been dressed for any game this season and he needs to retire.  Or you can just ignore it all, Zach can say "I feel fine" to every question and he can play like every other QB (including T.Harris after his big whack last year).

My point is a CHOICE HAS TO BE MADE.  This limbo crap is hurting the team.
Never go full Johnston!

tlf

Quote from: Big Daddy on October 04, 2026, 01:40:07 AMYes you have been consistent, and I still disagree with it.  Zach is our only hope for the season.  If he's injured, he's injured and you hope he gets back in and we win games because we can't without him.

But you don't go back in if it puts your long-term health at risk more than is needed.

I don't think you get the risks of concussions.  This isn' risking your leg and mobility like Strevy did, this is ability to function as a human beyond age 50, long after you are done football.

As much as I love ZC I agree with this.  I have had 2 concussions and deal with memory issues and I know he may deal with many things when he is older.  He has children and I don't wish that on him.

tlf

Why is Alexander still in? I'd be so mad if that was our qb

Horseman

Quote from: Big Daddy on October 04, 2026, 01:40:07 AMYes you have been consistent, and I still disagree with it.  Zach is our only hope for the season.  If he's injured, he's injured and you hope he gets back in and we win games because we can't without him.

But you don't go back in if it puts your long-term health at risk more than is needed.

I don't think you get the risks of concussions.  This isn't risking your leg and mobility like Strevy did, this is ability to function as a human beyond age 50, long after you are done football.

I think Zach has already done extreme harm to his future health already as he should of retired at the start of his concussion issues.

Sway

Maas as stupid as Oshea at this point keeping Alexander in and calling these plays

Tecno

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 04, 2026, 01:36:37 AMAlexander
Break your leg
*******.

Huge credit to Griffin for sticking with it and managing to reach & bring down Alexander.  That's what I want to see.  Stress that hammy.
Never go full Johnston!

tlf

CJOB saying may as well put ELgersma in.  Hmmm I mean yeah why not?

Horseman

Quote from: Sway on October 04, 2026, 01:43:21 AMMaas as stupid as Oshea at this point keeping Alexander in and calling these plays

He is sending a message to MOS and the rest of the Bombers and we folded like a cheap lawn chair.

Horseman

Quote from: tlf on October 04, 2026, 01:45:31 AMCJOB saying may as well put ELgersma in.  Hmmm I mean yeah why not?

I want to see Perkins running the O.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Tecno on October 04, 2026, 01:42:07 AMBut Zach is always susceptible.  One finger on him and he's down with concussion and neck injuries.  Heck, even no finger on him, like in the INT fall-down where he last got "hurt".

So if you want to follow your logic then there's no way Zach should have been dressed for any game this season and he needs to retire.  Or you can just ignore it all, Zach can say "I feel fine" to every question and he can play like every other QB (including T.Harris after his big whack last year).

My point is a CHOICE HAS TO BE MADE.  This limbo crap is hurting the team.


You aren't wrong - I think we agree mostly.  I'm just saying if he's concussed he can't risk his long-term health for this.  You are saying we should've realized that at the beginning of the season.  I agree - and we should have had a competent backup/succession for a few years now.

Since we didn't, we had to hope he would recover enough to not risk his health excessively and he could play and win games for us.

There's a difference between being susceptible to concussions but being free of symptoms and "good to go", and going back in while still symptomatic.  Both put you at increased risk for the future, and Zach seemed willing to take that risk if healthy and symptom free. 

The risk goes way up if you are actively suffering from a concussion.