Bombers final 5 game prediction

Started by BBRT, September 16, 2026, 04:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

#45
Quote from: TBURGESS on September 27, 2026, 06:54:07 PMI said the score flattered us because we got a TD on a 70+ yard QB sneak, nothing else. I didn't talk about any of the other stats, because they had nothing to do with the 1-play QB sneak that got us 7 points closer. Of course, you want to change the subject, cuz that's what you do.

The Tommy Stevens play, that TLB found, is another example of a QB sneak for a ton of yards. That's how you make a point. There have been 3 long TD QB sneaks in the last 10 years, once a year in the last 3 years, including Perkins. That's how you add context. I call that flattering the loser if they lose and flattering the winner if they win.

BTW: The pass back on the kick return is the first good point you've made. Congrats.

I pointed out that particular QB run on SY as well as the others from Rourke and the comments I made. He just posted the video.

You're trying to backslide by suggesting that only because of a long run by Perkins the score flattered Winnipeg. That's totally out of context for the entire game.

You can make that silly argument in any game if you only highlight 1 play out of nearly 100 plays in that game. IMO you've failed to make any point besides always being a negative voice on the forum.

Long QB runs happen all the time. Whether it's from a SY situation or a 2nd and 3 passing down that breaks down and turns into a long run. A run is a run regardless of what the situation was on that particular play.

Stevens only has 12 completions in 83 games. Yes he has 3 runs 50 yards or more. I didn't check the other 2, but those probably were TD runs as well. He's fast, large and not easy to bring down.

Length of a run is only determined by the starting point on the field.  Brown and Rourke both had TD runs this week of of 2nd and short. I don't think it matters that they were not SY QB's on those plays.
One game at a time

dd

Seriously we don't have anything better to talk about than the is pointless argument. Who cares?!?!?

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on September 27, 2026, 08:41:10 PMSeriously we don't have anything better to talk about than the is pointless argument. Who cares?!?!?

There are other discussions. What do you expect between games? We discuss what happened and why. We discuss new injuries and old ones to guess who will play.

Participate in those you want and ignore those you don't. Sounds simple enough.

I happened to take exception to a negative poster trying to make something out of nothing by isolating a single play. Using that to suggest the Bombers were flattered by the score.
One game at a time

TBURGESS

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 27, 2026, 08:28:33 PMI pointed out that particular QB run on SY as well as the others from Rourke and the comments I made. He just posted the video.

You're trying to backslide by suggesting that only because of a long run by Perkins the score flattered Winnipeg. That's totally out of context for the entire game.

You can make that silly argument in any game if you only highlight 1 play out of nearly 100 plays in that game. IMO you've failed to make any point besides always being a negative voice on the forum.

Long QB runs happen all the time. Whether it's from a SY situation or a 2nd and 3 passing down that breaks down and turns into a long run. A run is a run regardless of what the situation was on that particular play.

Stevens only has 12 completions in 83 games. Yes he has 3 runs 50 yards or more. I didn't check the other 2, but those probably were TD runs as well. He's fast, large and not easy to bring down.

Length of a run is only determined by the starting point on the field.  Brown and Rourke both had TD runs this week of of 2nd and short. I don't think it matters that they were not SY QB's on those plays.
OMG, give it a rest. 

Length of run matters. Called QB draws and being forced out of the pocket aren't the same as short yardage plays. 

We are never going to agree. Another time where I post a single line that you take umbrage to and turn it into a marathon. Again, I'm out. 
Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.

Blue In BC

#49
Quote from: TBURGESS on September 27, 2026, 11:32:38 PMOMG, give it a rest.

Length of run matters. Called QB draws and being forced out of the pocket aren't the same as short yardage plays.

We are never going to agree. Another time where I post a single line that you take umbrage to and turn it into a marathon. Again, I'm out.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Kelly's pass to Coxie for 84 yards was the longest of his CFL career. His other 56 yard pass was his 4th longest.

Grant's pass ( not recorded as a pass ) resulted in a 32 yard return. Grant is only credited with 1 pass in his career. I'm not sure if he's even done the lateral previously. I can't remember when we last saw anybody do that and / or with any success.

You didn't mention either of those as being reason to suggest the Argos were flattered by the score in the same way you did about the Bombers.

A QB run is a QB run. The why doesn't matter only the result. It's safe to say any long run by a QB was probably not the planned play ore even the result. Nobody draws up 60 yard draw or yardage on a broken play. Other recent long runs on SYS were given to you ( Stevens ).
One game at a time