Bombers release 2

Started by VictorRomano, August 12, 2026, 09:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorRomano

According to the Bomber FB page, Kornelson and American DB Matthew Jackson were released today.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Tecno

I'm a bit surprised at Korny.  I thought he was a long-term project.  He was doing ok in my good/bad scoring (2 good / 0 bad).  However, he probably wasn't making as much of an impact as we wanted.

As a NAT at a tought-to-NAT position, he'll probably get looks elsewhere.
Never go full Johnston!

Tecno

And could this be more of a case of a IR -> PR/AR numbers thing rather than any sort of recent performance punishment?

IOW, we might see Korny back if injuries hit again?
Never go full Johnston!

Slimy Sculpin

#4
Quote from: Tecno on August 12, 2026, 10:11:39 PMI'm a bit surprised at Korny.  I thought he was a long-term project.  He was doing ok in my good/bad scoring (2 good / 0 bad).  However, he probably wasn't making as much of an impact as we wanted.

As a NAT at a tought-to-NAT position, he'll probably get looks elsewhere.

I don't often post or comment here but I am because,imo, Kornelson being cut was long overdue. He has not played well when given the chance and I would be surprised if he's picked up by any other team.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Slimy Sculpin on August 12, 2026, 10:23:06 PMI don't often post or comment here but I am because,imo, Kornelson being cut was long overdue. He has not played well when given the chance and I would be surprised if he's picked up by any other team.
Might if others have injuries or light on DL Cdns

Hasn't showed much so might be done

dd

Releasing Kornelson is no surprise, he hasn't showed anything sooner or later you have to cut your loses and move on

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers Transactions - August 12, 2026

WINNIPEG, MB., August 12, 2026 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions.

Released:
American defensive back Matthew Jackson
National defensive lineman Collin Kornelson
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TrueBlue4

Not up to speed regarding the PR spots (how many can you have etc) so does this open spots up for adding some new bodies on the PR?

Pigskin

Quote from: TrueBlue4 on August 13, 2026, 03:19:46 AMNot up to speed regarding the PR spots (how many can you have etc) so does this open spots up for adding some new bodies on the PR?

If I understand the rule correctly.

Standard size of the PR is 10.
Max is 12 with 2 Globe players
Min. 2 Canadian players.
Max. 9 American players.

I am thinking some players are coming off of the IR and the Bombers are opening up spots on the PR. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

#10
Quote from: Pigskin on August 13, 2026, 01:06:59 PMIf I understand the rule correctly.

Standard size of the PR is 10.
Max is 12 with 2 Globe players
Min. 2 Canadian players.
Max. 9 American players.

I am thinking some players are coming off of the IR and the Bombers are opening up spots on the PR. 


I thought they increased the PR this season.  Either way we have 13 on the PR but only 1 global. That would suggest we're over? There will be more activity today.

Elgersma and Vanterpool likely go to RR. 
One game at a time

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2026, 01:10:23 PMI thought they increased the PR this season.  Either way we have 13 on the PR but only 1 global. That would suggest we're over? There will be more activity today.

Elgersma and Vanterpool likely go to RR. 

Max practice roster size is now 12. 2 extra spots were added in the off-season, one of the two spots needs to be a Canadian. Somewhat related teams can choose their 30 day window to add 5 additional spots to the PR which is obviously usually timed to NFL camps.

GOLDMEMBER

I think made a grand total of 2 plays his entire time here.
We given loads of opportunity.
Season ticket holder since year 1 of the Reinbold era.

blue_gold_84

Kornelson's release should come as no surprise; he seems like a fringe/depth player at best.

I guess this means Lawson's good to go...?
It's craptacular.

Blue In BC

#14
Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 13, 2026, 02:09:43 PMKornelson's release should come as no surprise; he seems like a fringe/depth player at best.

I guess this means Lawson's good to go...?

I think we'll get Lawson back early from the 6 game IR. The downside is that he can't stay healthy. The fact we added Hazen suggests our need on the DL was slightly less with Lawson returning.

Clark must be returning as well since Novak was bumped to the PR.

Depth chart on Facebook  does show Lawson, Collaros and Broxton back. OTOH it shows Oliveria as a GTD? He's been nicked for a while. All the more reason to add Peterson as in game depth.

Roster on CFL.CA does show Clark back on AR. However Vibert doesn't show anywhere after being moved to RR then PR?
One game at a time