Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 26, 2024, 09:59:23 PMSomething is wrong with Wheatfall. We didn't throw to him once this game. I'll have to check but he's been invisible.

He's the guy Zach was miffed with on field for running the wrong route.

If Woli's back for WDF, we always have the option of playing Emperor instead of Wheatie.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

The wind made the play of the game. How ironic. It resulted in better field position then when we tried the long FG that missed. With swirling wind and rain, it was still not a certainty that we'd be successful.

There is a lot to complain about in this game but we still pulled it out. Our problems are clear but on a given day we can beat anybody.

I'm in shock but I like our odds in the WDF. My preference would be against the Riders because I think VAJ is capable of long quick strikes. Harris is more of a ball control sort of QB.

Weather could be a critical deciding factor but the home field advantage might push us into the Grey Cup.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 26, 2024, 10:02:12 PMHe's the guy Zach was miffed with on field for running the wrong route.

If Woli's back for WDF, we always have the option of playing Emperor instead of Wheatie.

I deleted my post about this after checking. He was targeted a couple of times. However yes Collaros ripped a strip off him earlier and he was not effective. At the very least he should be taking DB's deep to open others up.

If Woli is back that would be great but I haven't seen any indication he's practised at all. If he is able to play that would be good for depth at worst and for 2nd down conversions.

We have 2 weeks for him to be ready if he has a chance of returning. I'm not sure if anyone else might be ready by then.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bomb squad

That top's anything I've seen in watching CFL football. Anything. A true miracle. From off the field no less. Stakes so high for two teams. Ecstasy for one. A crushing blow for the other (again). Beautiful.

Waffler

Stunned. Stunned and happy. I never gave up until we missed the long one. We needed a miracle so big that it came from the heavens. And it happened. Stunned.

Feel so good for Calvillo with what happened last week.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Waffler

Wheatfall maybe didn't follow the scramble rules. Zach waved at him but he just kind of drifted wider.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Horseman

Quote from: Waffler on October 26, 2024, 10:12:39 PMStunned. Stunned and happy. I never gave up until we missed the long one. We needed a miracle so big that it came from the heavens. And it happened. Stunned.

Feel so good for Calvillo with what happened last week.

DON'T YOU MEAN CASTILLO?!?  :)

Sir Blue and Gold

The Montreal Miracle! I love that Milt immediately references Riders fans sadness hahahaha

J5V

All the negative Nellies don't know what to say. LMAO!
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 26, 2024, 10:17:06 PMThe Montreal Miracle! I love that Milt immediately references Riders fans sadness hahahaha

The Second Montreal Miracle Game(TM).  Something about MTL and miracles!

Add this one to the famous Bomber lore.  Book it Dano.  This one is going down in history.

The Second Montreal Miracle Game

or how about

Montreal Miracle Game Redux
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

markf

for me...... this was the best, most entertaining game of the season.

(not that I can remember the others 😂 )

TecnoGenius

Here's the thing about divine intervention: you may not believe it, but a lot of players do because they are religious.  Witness the large circle gatherings after every game, and the many players who cross or signal to God before plays.

Opponent players that are religious will see this and may be disheartened if they think we have the mandate of God.  Conversely, our team players that are religious will get energized.  Again, you may think it's silly or overblown, but this is real to those players, and belief is 30% of football.

I bet 5-10 more Bombers went to that end of game circle today than usual...
Never go full Rider!

dd

Rider fans would be devastated over this win....winning on the road is never easy....especially in the playoffs

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 26, 2024, 10:25:45 PMRider fans would be devastated over this win....winning on the road is never easy....especially in the playoffs

I didn't want to see Mace's face after the game... I wanted to see the crowd!!  Maybe the SSK game will show some shots of when they lost.  Or maybe not, ... a bit uncouth.
Never go full Rider!