Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomb squad

TecnoGenius

I don't think we're getting D stops.  I think we need to put up 7 on every drive.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on October 26, 2024, 08:52:20 PMfg was the right call.  it stinks we had to but it was the right call

In a normal game, yes.  In this "playoff" game, no.

MTL keeping Cody in, laughing at us that we have no pass rush and there's zero risk he'll get injured.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on October 26, 2024, 08:53:26 PMneed a turnover

Wishing for a T/O is a wish to lose.  Sure, I'd like one too, but if that's our game plan, we're doomed.  Besides, MTL will play it super safe now with maybe the odd deep shot to Bonds when they've suckered us sufficiently.

We had a great INT to start the game but we were robbed.  That also robs Ford of a Milligan-tying 8th INT to lead the league.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 26, 2024, 08:54:06 PMIn a normal game, yes.  I this "playoff" game, no.

MTL keeping Cody in, laughing at us that we have no pass rush and there's zero risk he'll get injured.

with the time left in the game - take the points and make it a one score game

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on October 26, 2024, 08:56:26 PMwith the time left in the game - take the points and make it a one score game

Haha!  You think we'd be able to get a 2 pt convert!   :o  :o  :o  ::)  ::)
Never go full Rider!

Pete

our oline was embarassed against the argos, I thought this was to be a redemption game. No running room for Brady

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on October 26, 2024, 08:57:30 PMour oline was embarassed against the argos, I thought this was to be a redemption game. No running room for Brady

I think MTL is playing to stop the run.  That's why these deep shots are working.

Case in point: another Brady waste of a down.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Finally, some brains start functioning!  Wow, that was a tight window and almost an INT!  Had some luck there.

So no 2PTA?
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

I'd start doing play action to Brady every down and just chucking it deep.  When they loosen up, then you can run Brady.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Ugh, I haven't been this nervous for a game since '23 GC!
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

now we have to chase alexander - maybe we can force a turnover

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!