Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

defence does not look as invested as they should be. 

paging willie...

rip yourself and the team a new one MOS

do the bombers want first place or not??

The Zipp

ambroise retiring and dave naylor needs to undo that suit jacket button

Pete

Play calling very disappointing this first half. The dline has 0 pressure, the only dirt on Fajardo's jersey is from the qb draw he tried.
We need to start playing to win

Blue In BC

Castillo: Missed FG
Lawler: Dropped TD pass
Wilson: OPI

Generally too many penalties.
Only 4 rushing plays in the 1st 20 minutes. What the heck?

Our DL is not getting any pressure. Good chance we see Alexander in the 2nd half but he can escape easier than Fajardo.

Come on guys. 1st play is on the line here.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

We don't want to play in the WSF. Do something, make a play.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Horseman

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 26, 2024, 08:20:55 PMCastillo: Missed FG
Lawler: Dropped TD pass
Wilson: OPI

Generally too many penalties.
Only 4 rushing plays in the 1st 20 minutes. What the heck?

Not to mention 2 offside penalties against Lawler.

Our DL is not getting any pressure. Good chance we see Alexander in the 2nd half but he can escape easier than Fajardo.

**Not to mention 2 offside penalties against Lawler.**

Come on guys. 1st play is on the line here.

markf

outside of a couple of games,The offence has been ineffective all season.

A few rays of hope, but it has been mostly bland, ineffective, and puzzling.

Probably a number of things... I saw 66 get beaten Twice this half allowing a sack. 

sure is a lack of fire so far in this game. Brady would light it, but needs an opportunity.

Blue In BC

I'm wondering if we're missing Alexander in the middle to make more plays. Kelly hasn't seemed to have made a mistake but he's not making plays either?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

if we play like this going into the playoffs I really dont like our chances, hopefully we get some energy the second half

The Zipp

milt is right

looks like a weak effort from the Bombers

Horseman

Quote from: markf on October 26, 2024, 08:26:33 PMoutside of a couple of games,The offence has been ineffective all season.

A few rays of hope, mostly bland, ineffective, and puzzling.

Probably a number of things... I saw 66 get beaten Twice this half allowing a sack.

The one I saw was on Zac for sliding out of the pocket when he didn't have to.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 26, 2024, 08:20:55 PMOur DL is not getting any pressure. Good chance we see Alexander in the 2nd half but he can escape easier than Fajardo.

Why not let Cody keep playing?  It's working and he's 100% clean.

And it's not Cody that's good, it's Calvillo and Maas.  Their braintrust is massively outperforming ours.  And they are sticking to the '23 GC game plan... we still haven't studied and learned from that game?

P.S. It's not just the whiffs: losing that legit INT on the 1st play set the tone, just like Schoen dropping that first pass in the '22 GC set the tone.  The first big play sets up the whole game.  Refs robbed us and put MOS in a bind, because you can't lose your challenge in the first because the refs will ream you all game.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Horseman on October 26, 2024, 08:28:42 PMThe one I saw was on Zac for sliding out of the pocket when he didn't have to.

And going the wrong way too
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on October 26, 2024, 08:26:33 PMsure is a lack of fire so far in this game. Brady would light it, but needs an opportunity.

Lack of fire so far in this season.  Ever since AH33 left the fire has continually gone downhill.  The even-keel approach has a downside: they can't get hyped when they need to.

We let the hype guys walk, AH33, Yoshi, Bailey... then wonder why we have no fire.

Clearly no one has stepped up.
Never go full Rider!

markf

What a difference compared to the underdogs that crushed Hamilton, the first Cup win.