Winnipeg @ Montreal pre-game discussion.

Started by Pigskin, October 13, 2024, 07:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Well, no rest for any of our players. Have to win or tie this game to get first place. Woli82 should be back. OL will see a lot of what we saw on Friday. You would think Montreal will be resting  some of there players, but this still won't be easy.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

J5V

Getting Toronto and Montreal to end the season is exactly what the Bombers need. Win or lose we're going to get to see exactly what we're up against in a Grey Cup match up against either of these Eastern clubs. That's going to prove to be very valuable information.

I think Toronto played their very best football last game and they barely won. We now know exactly what we need to do to come out the other side against them should we meet in the Grey Cup.

The Montreal game may be different. I really don't think Montreal is going to be as motivated to beat us as Toronto was. I think we'll disappoint the Riders and take this one from Montreal in their barn for the same reason Toronto beat us -- we're going to want it more and Montreal is not going to risk injury to their star players in a, for them, nothing game.

Even if, for whatever reason, we lay an egg and find a way to lose to Montreal, all is not lost. We are in the playoffs regardless and that's all that really matters. We have already proven that we're perfectly capable of beating any Western team and I see no reason for that to change. We will win the West and play in the Grey Cup. This team has unfinished business and I wouldn't bet against them in a Grey Cup match up against either Toronto or Montreal. I'm really looking forward to it.
Go Bombers!

ModAdmin

Interesting that Montreal will start Davis Alexander in next week's game. Fajardo will be a healthy scratch. I doubt they would sit Fajardo in the game against us (2 weeks in a row before the playoffs) but you never know.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

RebusRankin

We should try 3 american olinemen for this game.

J5V

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 13, 2024, 08:59:04 PMInteresting that Montreal will start Davis Alexander in next week's game. Fajardo will be a healthy scratch. I doubt they would sit Fajardo in the game against us (2 weeks in a row before the playoffs) but you never know.
Why would you doubt it? If I was them there is no way I'd have my #1 QB playing against a team that'll be hungry for a win in a game that means nothing for Montreal.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Griffin to the one game IR, and McGhee to the AR. McGhee was the favorite to make the roster out of TC.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

J5V

Quote from: Pigskin on October 13, 2024, 09:32:44 PMGriffin to the one game IR, and McGhee to the AR. McGhee was the favorite to make the roster out of TC.
Glad to hear the injury is not too bad for Griffin and great news for McGhee!

I'm really happy that we came out of that slobberknocker with Toronto relatively unscathed. Getting a bye comes at a great time for us to heal some bodies too and to be well prepared for an important game against Montreal.
Go Bombers!

gobombersgo

Montreal plays at home tomorrow against Ottawa then in BC next Saturday followed by Bomber game.

They have a bye after the Bomber game.

The Als may want to play Cody for a bit in the Bomber game.

gobombersgo

Quote from: J5V on October 13, 2024, 09:48:54 PMGlad to hear the injury is not too bad for Griffin and great news for McGhee!

I'm really happy that we came out of that slobberknocker with Toronto relatively unscathed. Getting a bye comes at a great time for us to heal some bodies too and to be well prepared for an important game against Montreal.

We don't know the extent of the injuries to Ayers, Alexander and Griffin as it's too late in the season to be placed on the 6 game injured list.

They could have season ending injuries however they need to be placed on the 1 game injured list.

J5V

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 13, 2024, 09:55:20 PMWe don't know the extent of the injuries to Ayers, Alexander and Griffin as it's too late in the season to be placed on the 6 game injured list.

They could have season ending injuries however they need to be placed on the 1 game injured list.
Ah, I see. That makes sense. Fingers crossed.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 13, 2024, 09:32:44 PMGriffin to the one game IR, and McGhee to the AR. McGhee was the favorite to make the roster out of TC.

The Bombers don't play again until Oct. 26, don't see the sense adding McGhee to the AR and hope some other DB gets healthy before he has to play in a game. Not his biggest fan.

Jesse

Quote from: J5V on October 13, 2024, 09:24:17 PMWhy would you doubt it? If I was them there is no way I'd have my #1 QB playing against a team that'll be hungry for a win in a game that means nothing for Montreal.

It's how we've done it in the past. Rest Zach one week, start him in the last game before the bye.

Just so he's never sitting for two weeks in a row.
My wife is amazing!

J5V

Quote from: Jesse on October 13, 2024, 11:34:41 PMIt's how we've done it in the past. Rest Zach one week, start him in the last game before the bye.

Just so he's never sitting for two weeks in a row.
Just to keep him sharp in real game action? Still sounds risky.
Go Bombers!

Pete

Likely gets the first half , but unfortunately Alexander looks pretty good too

J5V

Quote from: Pete on October 14, 2024, 01:05:50 AMLikely gets the first half , but unfortunately Alexander looks pretty good too
Yeah, might not be much drop off there at all. We're going to have to be ready.
Go Bombers!