The Ford Brothers Discussion

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, October 10, 2024, 05:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on October 10, 2024, 04:24:09 PMHallet has been successfully used at the extra db position on the 3 down set. With Griffin nicked up nick will get reps there as well as safety. I like Kelly at safety hes got good speed and if he shows well could give us a cdn safety next year '(who knows if ford will be here if some team offers him a stupid amt especially to get him and his brother) Which will continue to give us flexibility ration wise.

The needle of indecision continues to move in the direction of the Ford bros. reuniting somewhere in S. Ontario. Hearing rumours of a disgruntled Tre in Edm. and seeing Ty deliver a ball to his ailing and aged father in Hamilton could mean nothing or they could be significant indicators.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2024, 05:02:57 PMThe needle of indecision continues to move in the direction of the Ford bros. reuniting somewhere in S. Ontario. Hearing rumours of a disgruntled Tre in Edm. and seeing Ty deliver a ball to his ailing and aged father in Hamilton could mean nothing or they could be significant indicators.

I am teetering between rolling my eyes into the back of my head and laughing out loud.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on October 10, 2024, 05:07:29 PMI am teetering between rolling my eyes into the back of my head and laughing out loud.

Isn't Ford starting this week vs. the Stampeders? LOL
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 10, 2024, 05:19:11 PMIsn't Ford starting this week vs. the Stampeders? LOL

Yes. It's the "We're sorry Tre, don't immediately leave in free agency" start.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 10, 2024, 05:24:20 PMYes. It's the "We're sorry Tre, don't immediately leave in free agency" start.

Touché. LOL

They'd be insane to stick with Bethel-Thompson looking ahead to 2025.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 10, 2024, 05:26:07 PMTouché. LOL

But they're obviously not convinced Tre is the guy either. And obviously, the coaching staff may all get the heave-ho as well.
My wife is amazing!

peg_city

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2024, 05:02:57 PMThe needle of indecision continues to move in the direction of the Ford bros. reuniting somewhere in S. Ontario. Hearing rumours of a disgruntled Tre in Edm. and seeing Ty deliver a ball to his ailing and aged father in Hamilton could mean nothing or they could be significant indicators.

If we lose Ford, we save money. He'll probably end up getting Oliviera money, if he's in the CFL next season.

Bighill salary could go to another pass rusher.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 10, 2024, 05:26:07 PMTouché. LOL

Starting an under-proven Ford over MBT is equally insane. They need to retain and get the best out of both talented QB's, Jarious Jackson has a Zach/Strev combo in his pocket but doesn't think to implement it.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2024, 06:04:01 PMStarting an under-proven Ford over MBT is equally insane. They need to retain and get the best out of both talented QB's, Jarious Jackson has a Zach/Strev combo in his pocket but doesn't think to implement it.

It's hard to do that mid-season.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on October 10, 2024, 06:15:23 PMIt's hard to do that mid-season.

Ford, BMT and Jackson have been there since the beginning of the season, only Jones has left. When you're losing almost every game it's a good time to try some different ideas.

theaardvark

Would love to see the Ford brothers in Blue and Gold.  Not sure how likely that is, both in attracting Tre, and retaining Tyrell. 

The Hallett's aren't the first brothers we've had on the team.  We had the Muamba's as well.  Any others we may have had are before my time...   

But it seems like their dynamic would be a good one on the same team.

Lets do it.  We could end up starting 12 NATs...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

The Fords getting together to just play together is highly risky with many many variables.

Bombers need to pay Tre what he deserves. He is worth it. If he is smart the remains here the year we host the GC game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Has there been a single article or video yet that says T & T Ford give 2 poops whether they play together or not?  People talk like they've come out and said "we want to play together... or else!".

P.S. Does Tyrell have to pay the $500 for the ball he gave his dad?  Does he get to go to jail a la the jumbotron in BC Place  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 10, 2024, 05:26:07 PMThey'd be insane to stick with Bethel-Thompson looking ahead to 2025.

They'd be insane to roll with Ford as their #1 in 2025.  Dude just isn't ready yet, if ever.  I'd be livid if KW announces Zach is out next year and Tre Ford is our #1!

EDM would be wise to QB shop in FA: one of the top-5 vets, or Alexander or Powell.  If they can't find anyone, MBT signed to a muuuuch cheaper deal so they can hire a better set of talent elsewhere could still spell success.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: peg_city on October 10, 2024, 05:32:30 PMIf we lose Ford, we save money. He'll probably end up getting Oliviera money, if he's in the CFL next season.

Not sure why people keep saying that... Ford already had his NFL stint and it was 1/10th as successful as NAT Boy Wonder Rourke's.  If they didn't like Ford then, why would they now?  "He's too small" they'll say.
Never go full Rider!