Official Game Day Thread - Toronto at Winnipeg October 11, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 10, 2024, 05:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markf

" Man I wish we had a stud DT in the middle. Stove was a lifetime ago and it sucks so much that we didn't get to see what a beast Lawson could have been in the trenches this year."

Fox...hurt very early in the season.

Blitzer

Quote from: Bomber Diehard on October 12, 2024, 03:41:02 PMCan we still get first place?

If BC wins against Sask it looks like Bombers clinch 1st. Or if Bombers beat Montreal next week.

Pigskin

How good has Tony Jones been. 11 games, 41 DTs, 10 STs, 1 sack, 1 Int, 1 FF, the only thing he has done is score TD.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Stats Junkie

Quote from: Pigskin on October 12, 2024, 06:59:26 PMHow good has Tony Jones been. 11 games, 41 DTs, 10 STs, 1 sack, 1 Int, 1 FF, the only thing he has done is score TD.
6 passes knocked down (officially) & 1 more (unofficially)
TwiXter: @Stats_Junkie

I am a Stats Junkie, a Rules Junkie & a Canadian Football History Junkie!

Pete

Quote from: markf on October 12, 2024, 06:33:56 PM" Man I wish we had a stud DT in the middle. Stove was a lifetime ago and it sucks so much that we didn't get to see what a beast Lawson could have been in the trenches this year."

Fox...hurt very early in the season.
fox and Lawson both aren't stove caliber, they may be an upgrade, but we had no answer for Ceresna, and they aren't close to Rose or Mtrls Johnson. We need to be as good in scouting for dline as we are on dbs

J5V

It's hard to tell but to my untrained eyes Zach was clearly past the first down marker but the refs spotted it 6 inches short. I'd love to see a clear picture of the ball as it hits the OOB line. First down there and Castillo gets a chance to redeem himself.

If we don't host the WF after dominating our Western counterparts it'll be beyond bizarre. To have to beat an Eastern team to wrap up the West just doesn't make sense but that may be the situation we find ourselves in in two weeks.

I'm sure Castillo feels like Scott Norwood today but he needs to flush it and get his stroke back. We're going to need him at his best.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 12, 2024, 06:59:26 PMHow good has Tony Jones been. 11 games, 41 DTs, 10 STs, 1 sack, 1 Int, 1 FF, the only thing he has done is score TD.

It's only a matter of time, he's made enough take away plays to get close to the endzone.

Pigskin

Quote from: J5V on October 12, 2024, 07:31:34 PMIt's hard to tell but to my untrained eyes Zach was clearly past the first down marker but the refs spotted it 6 inches short. I'd love to see a clear picture of the ball as it hits the OOB line. First down there and Castillo gets a chance to redeem himself.

If we don't host the WF after dominating our Western counterparts it'll be beyond bizarre. To have to beat an Eastern team to wrap up the West just doesn't make sense but that may be the situation we find ourselves in in two weeks.

I'm sure Castillo feels like Scott Norwood today but he needs to flush it and get his stroke back. We're going to need him at his best.

You probably saw a bunch of different replays on TSN last night.   Also what did the announcers and panel think.

J5V

Quote from: Pigskin on October 12, 2024, 08:05:34 PMYou probably saw a bunch of different replays on TSN last night. Also what did the announcers and panel think.
I'll take the word of the guy that was there and his foot was not OOB so that was, to me, clearly a first down.

Zach On The Last Play
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Quote from: Pete on October 12, 2024, 07:13:49 PMfox and Lawson both aren't stove caliber, they may be an upgrade, but we had no answer for Ceresna, and they aren't close to Rose or Mtrls Johnson. We need to be as good in scouting for dline as we are on dbs

People keep talking about Lawson like he's some kind of play making machine. 36 games in the CFL. 20 DTs, 6 Sacks, 1 Int. I am hoping he can just stay healthy next season, and get 20-25 DTs, which would top his career total. 

Pigskin

Quote from: J5V on October 12, 2024, 08:11:46 PMI'll take the word of the guy that was there and his foot was not OOB so that was, to me, clearly a first down.

Zach On The Last Play

So did they show on TSN that his foot was not OOB? At the game they kept showing the same replay and it was very hard to tell.

J5V

Quote from: Pigskin on October 12, 2024, 08:32:15 PMSo did they show on TSN that his foot was not OOB? At the game they kept showing the same replay and it was very hard to tell.
Yes, the replay I saw showed his foot clearly in bounds. Zach is convinced, as am I, that if his foot is in bounds he easily has the first down. Why the CC couldn't determine that is the mystery to me. I thought for sure that when O'Shea challenged it the ball would be properly re-spotted. Wrong again. Same old story when it comes to the Bombers.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 12, 2024, 08:32:15 PMSo did they show on TSN that his foot was not OOB? At the game they kept showing the same replay and it was very hard to tell.

It certainly wasn't clear from any angle, figured they weren't going to overturn it with any of the evidence presented. If this was on the goaline it would have been clear if he touched the cone, I wonder why they can't have a little 1st down marker flag that stays put when the guy drops the sticks and flees.

Pete

on third and short with Wilson in, one of the big differences seems to be is that he only drives straight ahead while Streveler would dive left or right where the defence is a little less stacked. I'm surprised that we didn't dress Vanderpool or randolph when we saw 9 argo dline. Dobson had a very tough game

northof30

"If we don't host the WF after dominating our Western counterparts it'll be beyond bizarre. To have to beat an Eastern team to wrap up the West just doesn't make sense but that may be the situation we find ourselves in in two weeks."

[/quote]

This is nothing new for the Bombers. They often find a way to lose important games after dominating.
Cases in point:
2022: Set win records; won the West going away; dominated the League; go to the Grey Cup: LOSE
2023: Win West again; definitely considered the League's best team: go to the Grey Cup: LOSE
2024: 0-4 start; injuries; recover, go 8-0; final home game/sell-out; to win the West; play like crap: LOSE. This last game was just painful. On the 3 yard line and Olivera doesn't get the ball, TWICE!!