Stamps at Lions GDT Fri 900PM CT

Started by gobombersgo, October 03, 2024, 08:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markf

dd

Quote from: Jesse on October 05, 2024, 04:15:05 AMI don't know if one big defensive play counts as taking the game over.
calgarys offense is brutal, they've scored 2 field goals, that defensive TD puts them up 18 with 8 minutes to go. Calgary won't score a major in this game, just like the other games they've played recently, they are an awful offenipsive team that can't score 14 points a game. That ain't going to. It it. This game is over.

TecnoGenius

If they can move the scoreboard higher, why on earth wasn't that done forever ago?  And certainly they should have done it after the first punt hit!  Doh
Never go full Rider!

dd

Man calgarys receivers stink. Hyman and Michel couldn't make any other team. Maier hit both guys in the hands in back to back plays in a must score drive and both dropped the passes. This is why they are struggling. They need to clean house there

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on October 05, 2024, 04:05:01 AMBombers can run it in for six in the red zone.

The last 3 games, yes.  The previous 13, no.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Haha Maier can't catch Betts!  LOL

I thought for sure slow Betts was going to get caught.  I think Maier didn't want to tackle the big guy and get hurt.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on October 05, 2024, 04:13:25 AMNot surprised to see BC taking over this game now. Calgary is just a bad team and doesn't have the players to be a contender in this league.

I think it's all about QB.  Maier never had the confidence of the team.  And they sucked ever since they rolled with him.

Maybe CGY buys VAJ and they could be instantly top-5 next year.  Imagine Begelton with VAJ throwing to him.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

The lateral pick-6: I think it was a forward pass (did some computer tricks on it), with just a hint of enough to overturn the call on the field.

Just to note: the on-field refs did make a call on the field, which Major announced ("ruling is a lateral/TD").  On a "fumble"-ish play they are told to let it play out and let command sort it out (i.e. making no call on the field), but they also have the option of declaring a call (like they did here).  If they declare a call then the normal "clear and obvious" condition comes into play.

My point being: if they didn't make a call on the field, maybe command can say it was forward (ever so slightly).  But once they made the call on-field of a lateral, it was doomed to be upheld.

Not to mention, I have BC D in fantasy, so bonus!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 05, 2024, 04:38:05 AMMan calgarys receivers stink. Hyman and Michel couldn't make any other team. Maier hit both guys in the hands in back to back plays in a must score drive and both dropped the passes. This is why they are struggling. They need to clean house there

Michel has got to be out of the league next year.  He's stunk so bad since his NFL stint.  Another case of a promising guy being ruined by the NFL.

And this may be Maier's last game as #1 anywhere.  CGY should bring in 2 rookie nobodies and do try-outs for next year in their last 2 games.  He arguably never should have been a #1 in the first place.  A complete waste of 3 seasons by CGY.  They gambled, and lost.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 05, 2024, 04:55:02 AMHaha Maier can't catch Betts!  LOL

I thought for sure slow Betts was going to get caught.  I think Maier didn't want to tackle the big guy and get hurt.

As a general rule, I think most athletic DEs would beat most QBs in a foot race.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

What is up with BC Place being devoid of fans immediately after the final whistle?  Those turkey-eating interviews where they're talking to the fans -- there are almost no fans to talk to!

2 mins after a WPG game the stands still have a ton of fans and the concourses are full and fans are lined up to get on the field.

I guess BC fans just want to get to sleep?
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

For the first time in my memory, a bolded message appeared on the jumbotron prior to one of B.C.'s kick attempts telling fans that any ball caught following a field goal had to be returned or they would be prosecuted. I get that the team only has a finite number of balls for the game, but seriously? Talk about putting a damper on the game-day atmosphere.

https://3downnation.com/2024/10/05/b-c-lions-prove-its-better-to-be-lucky-make-good-on-takeaways-in-win-over-stampeders-xx-other-thoughts/

...I think we know how they're trying to off-set the marketing dollars hahah. Who's bright idea was that?

TBURGESS

Why are none of the experts talking about BC's O line? Calgary, rushing 3 got 1 or 2 to the QB time after time. Rourke can't be effective if they can't protect him. Stanback was getting hit at the LOS too. 

BC's offence didn't score a single TD. Maier's mistakes cost the Stamps another game. The time to replace Maier was a year ago. Dude's almost good enough, but won't stop making the killer mistakes.

Betts sure can run. Turned the game in BC's favour. 

The TJ Lee TD... If you have to use computer tricks to get a hint of enough to overturn the call, then it won't be overturned under the clear and obvious memo.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Jesse

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 05, 2024, 02:55:10 PMWhy are none of the experts talking about BC's O line? Calgary, rushing 3 got 1 or 2 to the QB time after time. Rourke can't be effective if they can't protect him. Stanback was getting hit at the LOS too.

Lapo did a segment on it last night.
My wife is amazing!