Stamps at Lions GDT Fri 900PM CT

Started by gobombersgo, October 03, 2024, 08:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Stampeders lose SAM Branden Dozier to six-game injured list
By 3Down Staff -October 3, 2024

The Calgary Stampeders will be missing a key piece of their defensive backfield against the B.C. Lions on Friday.

Veteran strong-side linebacker Branden Dozier (shoulder) has been placed on the six-game injured list. In 14 games this season, the 30-year-old has collected 51 defensive tackles and three more on special teams. Throughout his seven-year CFL career, he has amassed 403 defensive tackles, 74 special teams tackles, five sacks, eight interceptions, and three forced fumbles.

Third-year Global player Bailey Devine-Scott will draw his first career start in place of Dozier. The 24-year-old from Australia has made eight defensive tackles and 22 special teams tackles in 22 career CFL games and leads the Stampeders with 12 special teams stops this year. American linebacker Darius Williams and Canadian safety Malcolm Thompson will both dress as insurance.

American defensive tackle Josiah Coatney (knee) has also been placed on the six-game injured list and will be replaced by Canadian rookie Kail Dava, who was poached off the Lions' practice roster earlier this year. Canadian defensive end Elliott Graham (hamstring) will be replaced by Anthony Federico.

Offensively, Canadian receiver Clark Barnes (knee) has been put on the one-game injured list. The second-year target has 38 receptions for 461 yards and three touchdowns in 13 games this year. American Ishmael Hyman will get the start, with fellow Canadian Cole Tucker drawing in for depth. Rysen John has been returned to the practice roster.

The Calgary Stampeders (4-9-1) will visit the B.C. Lions (7-8) on Friday, October 4 at 10:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/10/03/stampeders-lose-sam-branden-dozier-to-six-game-injured-list/

gobombersgo

Canadian receiver Jevon Cottoy out for B.C. Lions vs. Stamps
By 3Down Staff -October 3, 2024

The B.C. Lions will be without big-bodied Canadian receiver Jevon Cottoy for Friday's matchup with the Calgary Stampeders.

The six-foot-five, 230-pound target has appeared in 12 games this season, catching 34 passes for 401 yards. He had his best game of the year last week when he caught five passes for 81 yards against Hamilton but suffered an ankle injury early and has been placed on the one-game injured list.

Rookie Kieran Poissant, who like Cottoy is a product of the Canadian Junior Football League, will get the start. In eight games this season, the 23-year-old has made five catches for 41 yards.

After returning to the lineup last week, left guard Tyler Packer (hamstring) will go back on the one-game injured list. American Kory Woodruff will once again dress in his place.

Rounding out the roster moves are the additions of Canadian fullback Dylan St. Pierre, who was signed earlier this week, and running back Jeshrun Antwi, who was acquired via trade from Montreal on Wednesday. American defensive back Jordan Perryman (hamstring) has been placed on the one-game injured list.

The B.C. Lions (7-8) will host the Calgary Stampeders (4-9-1) on Friday, October 4 at 10:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/10/03/canadian-receiver-jevon-cottoy-out-for-b-c-lions-vs-stamps/

Blue In BC

It's probably better for the Bombers if the Stamps win. Stamps are going to be no holds barred and may do some unexpected things. That may or may not work out for them but they are playing for their jobs now. Coaches as well.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

I want a BC win. Best case scenario for us is that the Riders and Lions need slug it out right into the last week of the season to see who hosts the semi final.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 05, 2024, 02:11:22 AMI want a BC win. Best case scenario for us is that the Riders and Lions need slug it out right into the last week of the season to see who hosts the semi final.

That's too galaxy brain for me. I am cheering for funniest outcomes at this point.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 05, 2024, 01:58:02 AMA stamp win here WOULD BE Hilarious

A real hard hack'em smack'em game would be the best outcome.

Dickenson The Greater playing for his job?
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 05, 2024, 02:12:17 AMA real hard hack'em smack'em game would be the best outcome.

Dickenson The Greater playing for his job?

Huf and Dickie have worked together for far too long for late season nothing games to have any affect.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Sir Blue and Gold

BC might need to bring back Wally Buono. They don't not look good.