Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton October 4, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 03, 2024, 04:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: bwiser on October 04, 2024, 03:51:33 PMBonds and Ford have been much better than Houston and Parker were last year. Bonds may be the weakest link back in the secondary but that is mainly because the others are each the best in the CFL at their respective position

Agree. Bonds also plays boundary corner which is less forgiving than Ford on the field side too. You can't fault him too much. Realistically, he's not going to win every single snap but he also hasn't been torched down the rail much, which if you're evaluating that boundary corner spot is almost always the main concern. Factor in that he's likely on an ELC and he's definitely providing great value. I'd say he's been a pleasant surprise and played as good as you'd reasonable expect a first year guy to play, and probably has exceeded the expectation most games.

Pete

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 04, 2024, 04:15:03 PMAgree. Bonds also plays boundary corner which is less forgiving than Ford on the field side too. You can't fault him too much. Realistically, he's not going to win every single snap but he also hasn't been torched down the rail much, which if you're evaluating that boundary corner spot is almost always the main concern. Factor in that he's likely on an ELC and he's definitely providing great value. I'd say he's been a pleasant surprise and played as good as you'd reasonable expect a first year guy to play, and probably has exceeded the expectation most games.
very true . if you remember Holms the first year, he was not anywhere close to the player he was the 2nd year. Jackie Parker also was rough until he got some experience. Nichols was the exception Even Ford has had a year in the system before starting

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on October 04, 2024, 04:28:03 PMvery true . if you remember Holms the first year, he was not anywhere close to the player he was the 2nd year. Jackie Parker also was rough until he got some experience. Nichols was the exception Even Ford has had a year in the system before starting

LOL that's almost stretching back to the war years. Hard to compare this year to last as the defensive system has changed under Younger, but all of the young DB's have shown quite well and are all capable of starting, certainly has become a position of depth.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 04, 2024, 04:56:18 PMLOL that's almost stretching back to the war years. Hard to compare this year to last as the defensive system has changed under Younger, but all of the young DB's have shown quite well and are all capable of starting, certainly has become a position of depth.

The very first blue bombers superstar Fritzy Hanson was a two way player I believe and demon on special teams.  Janarion grant is not even close to what Fritzy did overall in the 1930's! 🙃🤓

Is the more recent "Fritz" Hansen still in the league? Believe a team picked him up in the offseason but do not know what happened after that.

Jockitch

Agree the DB's get more exposed if the "rush" doesn't apply the pressure in 3-4 seconds

Checked stats and safety Alexander and young star Holms have "No" int's., and yet are our total tackle leaders   
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

ichabod_crane

Will be catching the game later on CFL+ from Madrid, Spain!

Very cool place. Mexico is a shadow of the scene here. Only wish I was paying Mexican prices! OLA! 🙃

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 04, 2024, 05:44:23 PMThe very first blue bombers superstar Fritzy Hanson was a two way player I believe and demon on special teams.  Janarion grant is not even close to what Fritzy did overall in the 1930's! 🙃🤓

Is the more recent "Fritz" Hansen still in the league? Believe a team picked him up in the offseason but do not know what happened after that.

Yes Thiadric Hansen is playing for the Argos this season, he took a misconduct penalty last weekend for throwing a player to the ground during an after whistle scuffle.

GOLDMEMBER

Best overall secondary since Dee Alford Mr Nichols and co. ???

Holm was a great surprise last year and on. Then you add...

Ford put us over the top pure talent wise on the back end.

Right if I had to pick I'd say Alexander is the weak link. He has been miss playing balls. He could have a comeback game still...
But if you had to pick a position of shorter comings I'd think it would be that.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

I hope the great OL play trend continues.
Gotta limit the penalties as always.

gobombersgo

From Jeff Hamilton:
BREAKING: Bombers receiver Nic Demski has been cleared and will play tonight against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 04, 2024, 09:44:55 PMFrom Jeff Hamilton:
BREAKING: Bombers receiver Nic Demski has been cleared and will play tonight against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

EXCELLENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Thinking ahead here but if we win rest Demski for a bit then play him a game or less if just a warm up and on point.

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 04, 2024, 09:55:29 PMThinking ahead here but if we win rest Demski for a bit then play him a game or less if just a warm up and on point.

I'm definitely worried that Demski should have been sitting for this game.

I hope he makes it through ok.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

PSA: TSN is doing this game in 4K on the TSN 4K channel for those that have it.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on October 04, 2024, 10:04:42 PMI'm definitely worried that Demski should have been sitting for this game.

I hope he makes it through ok.

Same. The Bombers are likely looking at the schedule and seeing two byes if all goes well. Might as well go get it.