Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton October 4, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 03, 2024, 04:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

That's a great GL stop there.  I hate how all the DBs play so far back when everyone just TDs right at the line lately.

At least Kramdi knew where the line was.

Can't complain up 7 in HAM.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 05, 2024, 12:29:48 AMWouldn't have mattered with the incomplete ruling.

They put the time back on the clock after the ball hit the turf?

Guess that makes sense.  I didn't look at the clock with all the excitement.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Need to get some pressure on BO. He has had all night to throw.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 05, 2024, 12:31:17 AMThey put the time back on the clock after the ball hit the turf?

Guess that makes sense.  I didn't look at the clock with all the excitement.

They don't put time back on. Technically, the time never comes off. The play is dead as soon as it's ruled incomplete so everything that happened after that doesn't happen. The play should have been blown dead like any incomplete pass with :03 left so that's where is stays.

J5V

Go Bombers!

bomb squad

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 04, 2024, 11:57:11 PMThey don't call holding hardly all year and they decide to now?  I hope it was a really egregious one, otherwise maybe the refs want HAM to win?

Careful Techno, you're spending too much time over there. You're starting to sound like them now. ;)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 05, 2024, 12:35:49 AMThey don't put time back on. Technically, the time never comes off.

Except the time did come off in what the stadium fans and us TV fans see on the clock, so the timer controller has to correct that.

Clock did say 0:01 left when they blew that play dead.

I understand what you're saying, it's like it "never happened", but someone still needs to correct the visible manifestations of what transpired.

Since it was 3rd down, none of it matters as they want the 3.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Lets see which team makes the better adjustments.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bomb squad on October 05, 2024, 12:38:59 AMCareful Techno, you're spending too much time over there. You're starting to sound like them now. ;)

Nah, I'm fully tinfoil even without their influence.  The difference is, I'm right!  :P  :P  :P  :P  ;)  ;)  And I'm not worried about a grand conspiracy, just the odd ref who's a homer.

My point still stands though, they've reduced holding calls by maybe 75% and everyone can see nasty holds on every play... and they pick this critical one to call to kill our drive when HAM was clearly struggling still?  That's why I said I hope it's egregious.  I'll study it after the game.  I hope it was on-screen live, because we never got a replay.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on October 05, 2024, 12:39:45 AMLets see which team makes the better adjustments.

Ya, this is a very important game for both teams.  I want our braintrust to step up, on both sides of the ball.

And I want a sack on BLM
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on October 05, 2024, 12:30:25 AMLook. If you don't want people to call you out, this is the kind of comment you have to stop making.
Call me out no problem.  This has nothing to do with that though.  I call it like it is and always will. I took heat for believing in Kramdi, preached patience and turns out he has developed really well.  There is no rule on here about bringing up the past.  I don't mind bird and I eat it on occasion but I'll continue to serve as well.  It's OK to have a little fun on here.  That said point taken. I'll put the platter of wings to share away.  Sorry Brady gave me a case of the chicken box lol.

If people challenge me, I will defend my position and I don't forget easy.

TecnoGenius

Wow, Scianitti really went nuts with the razor on the back and sides.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I think that 2 years of sucking has killed the HAM STH base.  That stadium used to be packed every game.  And now they're winning lately with good play and it's still half empty.

You have to really demoralize those hardcore fans to achieve that.  Sad.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 05, 2024, 12:44:31 AMYa, this is a very important game for both teams.  I want our braintrust to step up, on both sides of the ball.

And I want a sack on BLM
So close