REDBLACKS at Riders GDT Sat 2:00PM CT

Started by gobombersgo, September 27, 2024, 07:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Explosive rookie receiver Kalil Pimpleton returns for Redblacks
By 3Down Staff -September 27, 2024

The Ottawa Redblacks will look profoundly different when they face Saskatchewan on Saturday, with six new starters from last week.

On the offensive side of the ball, electrifying rookie Kalil Pimpleton returns after suffering a hand injury seven weeks ago. The 24-year-old had only appeared in four games prior to going on the six-game injured list but caught 18 passes for 315 yards and a touchdown, also running for a punt return major.

Fellow rookie receiver Andre Miller will head back to the practice roster, while returner Eli Stove (knee) has been placed on the six-game injured list. Defensive back Tobia Harris returns from a knee injury to handle the majority of those duties, with Pimpleton expected to contribute situationally.

Up front, right tackle Zack Pelehos will make an early return from an ankle injury and step back into the starting lineup. His replacement, veteran Canadian Jacob Ruby, will move to the blind side, as left tackle Drake Centers (shoulder) has been placed on the six-game injured list. The all-Canadian offensive line will be charged with protecting veteran QB Jeremiah Masoli, who will make the start as Dru Brown battles an ankle injury.

Defensively, the team has lost their top two safeties Alonzo Addae (knee) and Ty Cranston (back) to the six-game injured list, as well as starting cornerback Brandin Dandridge (knee). Veteran Money Hunter will make his first appearance since suffering a shoulder injury in Week 3, starting at safety, while C.J. Coldon will make his first start at boundary corner. Canadian rookies Dawson Pierre and Yani Gouadfel will dress for insurance, while American linebacker Andrew Chatfield gets demoted to the practice roster.

The Ottawa Redblacks (8-5-1) will visit the Saskatchewan Roughriders (6-7-1) on Saturday, September 28 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/27/explosive-rookie-receiver-kalil-pimpleton-returns-for-redblacks/

gobombersgo

Returns of DE Anthony Lanier II, DB Rolan Milligan Jr. boost Riders' defence
By 3Down Staff -September 27, 2024

The Saskatchewan Roughriders will be a lot stronger on the defensive side of the ball this week, led by the much-anticipated return of defensive lineman Anthony Lanier II.

The 31-year-old native of Savannah, Ga. has missed the last seven games while recovering from a knee injury. He dressed for seven games to start the season, making nine defensive tackles, two sacks, and one forced fumble.

The six-foot-six, 285-pound defender has made 60 tackles, 16 sacks, and three forced fumbles over 39 career CFL games, all with Saskatchewan. He will start at defensive end this week over Global Habakkuk Baldonado, while American Eric Black gets knocked to the practice roster.

Also back in the lineup after a personal absence is halfback Rolan Milligan Jr., who welcomed a baby girl last week. In 13 games this season, the 30-year-old has established himself as a legitimate M.O.P. candidate, collecting 62 defensive tackles, 18 special teams tackles, and six interceptions.

Milligan Jr. will slot back in at boundary half while his replacement, Amari Henderson, bumps over to the field side. Talented strong-side linebacker C.J. Reavis (knee) has been placed on the six-game injured list, forcing DaMarcus Fields to come into the box as a result. Backup linebacker Jordan Herdman-Reed (leg) is also out long-term and will be replaced by Zachary Philion for depth.

On the offensive side of the ball, Canadian receiver Ajou Ajou (knee) has been placed on the six-game. Fellow rookie Dhel Duncan-Busby will make his first career start, while veteran National pass catcher Colton Hunchak will dress for the first time as a Rider. American Jacob Brammer (knee) is still listed as a game-time decision but is expected to start at right guard, moving Nick Jones back to the practice roster.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders (6-7-1) will host the Ottawa Redblacks (8-5-1) on Saturday, August 28 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/27/returns-of-de-anthony-lanier-ii-db-rolan-milligan-jr-boost-riders-defence/

Throw Long Bannatyne

I guess this is one of the CTV games, showing on TSN+ but they've labelled the broadcast as "CFL Data Enhanced Feed: Tiger-Cats vs. Lions".  Too bad nobody at TSN cares whether it's right or wrong.

GOLDMEMBER

This stupid CTV broadcasted game had me miss the first half. CFL does dumb things sometimes.

RBs need to wake up!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

2 big Rider injuries on one play.
Emulus and Armstead

GOLDMEMBER

Ouelette in the side lines with big guns and whacky hair looks good wear he is. :D

Pete

Sir Blue and Gold

Injury karma coming back to hurt the Riders today.

GOLDMEMBER

3 picks look ugly on Mesoli
Throw to the right colour man!

bunker

Doesn't look like Brown is in any danger of losing his position to Masoli. I would put Crum in.

Pete

GOLDMEMBER

What happened to using the dynamic Pimpelton more?

GOLDMEMBER

Cryders whine there way to another bad penalty. :D