Official Game Day Thread - Edmonton at Winnipeg - September 27, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, September 26, 2024, 12:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

2Q13:59 on Brady's 1st TD: after Zach throws it he gets taken down by HC.  Very visible on replay after the TD when they show Zach getting hit.  Nice miss, refs & command.  Right between the numbers and nameplate.

Fine incoming?  Someone memo the league.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

A quiet forum on such a big performance, but I gotta say I was enjoying the game so much I couldnt tear my attention away!
  So great to see the offence go pff like we hoped at beginning of year! And the number of highlight plays   
.just WOW

bluengold204

Quote from: Pete on September 28, 2024, 01:56:03 PMA quiet forum on such a big performance, but I gotta say I was enjoying the game so much I couldnt tear my attention away!
  So great to see the offence go pff like we hoped at beginning of year! And the number of highlight plays   
.just WOW

Everybody was at the game not on their computers lol

bwiser

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 28, 2024, 10:29:37 AMZach threw that 1st TD to Demski about 55-60Y total in-air length.  That may be the longest ball Zach has thrown all season.  Sometimes he seemed to struggle to throw 45-50Y.

Zach getting his arm & zip back to end the season is the perfect early Christmas gift.  If he has 60Y of air in that arm then Ds all have to rethink how they defend him!

P.S. beaut spiral too
Colleros had lots of time to throw and you give him time he will pick apart a defense. I was almost shocked at the success the Bombers were having with the long ball. It seemed like they connected every time they went deep.

Pigskin

Younger has done an amazing job with our D. So many new faces due to injuries, and yet he has found a away to build a very good D. Also, Miller has turned our so, so, coverage teams from last season into one of the best units in the league.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Quote from: bwiser on September 28, 2024, 03:32:26 PMColleros had lots of time to throw and you give him time and he will pick apart a defense. I was almost shocked at the success the Bombers were having with the long ball. It seemed like they connected every time they went deep.

I only saw one bad whiff by our OL. That was SB66, when AC beat him clean and got a good hit on ZC8.

Sir Blue and Gold

Edmonton has already said McLeod Bethal-Thompson will start next week against the Riders. I wonder how Tre Ford is feeling about that? Maybe there is pathway to resign Tyrell Ford and bring Tre here as the short yardage QB next year? I'm not super impressed with Tre as a QB but if you get him here with the right attitude he might develop and is at least as good as Streveler is/was. It would be tempting to be here in a Grey Cup year as a QB and in a system where we know Collaros probably won't be around for too much longer.

Collaros, Ford and either Dolegala or Wilson or Scott would be a pretty good QB room.

Blue In BC

Wheatfall. I know it's early but he's looking like the real deal. Also notice our offence is looking better now that we have another receiver we can actually throw the ball to.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 28, 2024, 04:04:59 PMWheatfall. I know it's early but he's looking like the real deal. Also notice our offence is looking better now that we have another receiver we can actually throw the ball to.

If you throw out the game he got hurt in, in three games he has: 9 catches for 234 yards (78 a game) and a TD.

Pretty good. He's getting 1 on 1s every snap with Lawler, Demski and Wilson out there but he's proven dangerous for sure.

Let's also remember that Rasheed Bailey had 508 yards in 18 full games last year in this offense.

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 28, 2024, 04:04:59 PMWheatfall. I know it's early but he's looking like the real deal. Also notice our offence is looking better now that we have another receiver we can actually throw the ball to.

Upgrade from Johnson. Bigger receiver, finds the open spots on the field, can go get the deep ball.

The Zipp

Quote from: Pigskin on September 28, 2024, 04:48:49 PMUpgrade from Johnson. Bigger receiver, finds the open spots on the field, can go get the deep ball.

Explains why they didn't pursue Rasheed only to release him when Wheatfall was healthy.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Pigskin on September 28, 2024, 03:34:47 PMYounger has done an amazing job with our D. So many new faces due to injuries, and yet he has found a away to build a very good D. Also, Miller has turned our so, so, coverage teams from last season into one of the best units in the league.
All three phases cream of the crop, players and coaches are exceptional

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 28, 2024, 11:07:09 AM2Q13:59 on Brady's 1st TD: after Zach throws it he gets taken down by HC.  Very visible on replay after the TD when they show Zach getting hit.  Nice miss, refs & command.  Right between the numbers and nameplate.

Fine incoming?  Someone memo the league.
You got to wonder in this day and age of technology, why does the league make the decision that they aren't going to step in and call the missed major fouls, why?? They have the ways and means to correct this and interject with command centre and call the missed major fouls, but they choose not to. I just don't get it in this day and age of player safety, we are choosing to turn the blind eye.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bwiser on September 28, 2024, 03:32:26 PMColleros had lots of time to throw and you give him time and he will pick apart a defense. I was almost shocked at the success the Bombers were having with the long ball. It seemed like they connected every time they went deep.

Question is, can they repeat this success or did the Elks help the offence look extremely good? Guess we'll see.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on September 28, 2024, 01:56:03 PMA quiet forum on such a big performance, but I gotta say I was enjoying the game so much I couldnt tear my attention away!
.just WOW
I was their and a little slow on the up tick today. :P

Tremendous football night. Demski Brady Zach were awesome. OL big kudos.

D was great again despite a couple break downs in the run D.

Got me the trifecta Lawler Biggie and Willie bobble heads!

Coupled with the BC loss 1st place here we come!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!