Tiger-Cats @ Argos

Started by Pigskin, September 19, 2024, 07:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Grant will sit out this game for the Argos. Big blow to there return game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

I like Hammytown here. This game is tomorrow right? What time?

I can see Argos start to slide a bit here.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gobombersgo

gobombersgo

gobombersgo

Ticats' RB James Butler back in, rookie Greg Bell out vs. Argos
By 3Down Staff -September 19, 2024

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have re-inserted star running back James Butler into the lineup for Friday's clash with the Toronto Argonauts, though not by choice.

Rookie Greg Bell, who has taken over the starting job over the last four games, has been placed on the one-game injured list with an Achilles tweak. In five appearances, the 26-year-old has carried 61 times for 355 yards and four touchdowns, while also catching 20 passes for 184 yards and another score.

Butler has recorded 92 carries for 440 yards and one touchdown over eight starts this season, along with 37 catches for 312 yards and one score. The two-time thousand-yard rusher has been a healthy scratch for the past four weeks.

The Ticats could have bigger problems on the other side of the ball, as defensive tackle Casey Sayles (abdominal) and strong-side linebacker Jonathan Moxey (hamstring) have both been placed on the one-game. In 13 games, Sayles has amassed 25 defensive tackles and five sacks, while Moxey has posted 17 defensive tackles, one special teams tackle, one sack, and one interception.

Special teams ace Carthell Flowers-Lloyd will step in at SAM, while Trevon Mason leads the way at defensive tackle. Canadian defensive backs Robert Panabaker and Patrick Burke Jr. will both return to the lineup for depth, while American defensive tackle Mario Kendricks and defensive back Jayden Price will each make their first career appearances.

Rookie Canadian defensive end Luke Brubacher (shoulder) and fullback Felix Garand-Gauthier (knee) are both headed to the six-game injured list.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats (4-9) will visit the Toronto Argonauts (7-6) on Friday, September 20 at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/19/ticats-rb-james-butler-back-in-rookie-greg-bell-out-vs-argos/

gobombersgo

All-CFL LB Wynton McManis returns to Argos' lineup
By 3Down Staff -September 19, 2024

The Toronto Argonauts will get a huge boost to their defence this week, as all-CFL linebacker Wynton McManis returns to the lineup.

The six-foot-one, 225-pound native of Memphis, Tenn. has missed Toronto's last six games due to a groin injury. In the first seven games of the season, he made 33 defensive tackles, two special teams tackles, one sack, one interception, and one touchdown.

McManis is in his sixth CFL season and third with Toronto.  The 29-year-old was named a league all-star in each of the last two seasons and helped the Argonauts win the Grey Cup in 2022.

Also returning to the lineup is American defensive tackle Jared Brinkman, who has been out since Week 7 with an ankle injury. The 25-year-old run-stuffer posted nine defensive tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble in the first six games of the year, but will now rejoin a fearsome interior rotation that includes Jake Ceresna and Ralph Holley.

It's not all good news for the Boatmen though, as game-breaking returner Janarion Grant (chest) has been placed on the one-game injured list. The 30-year-old currently sits second in the CFL for both kickoff and punt return average and is the consensus favourite to win Most Outstanding Special Teams Player due to his four combined return touchdowns. It is unclear who will handle return duties this week.

Rounding out the changes to the lineup, Global defensive end Thiadric Hansen returns from injury and American defensive back Mark Milton has been added for depth. American linebacker Jonathan Jones (hamstring) has been placed on the six-game injured list, while Canadian defensive back Tyshon Blackburn and American defensive tackle J[b]ordan Williams [/b]have been bumped to the practice roster.

The Toronto Argonauts (7-6) will host the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (4-9) on Friday, September 20 at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/19/all-cfl-lb-wynton-mcmanis-returns-to-argos-lineup/

GOLDMEMBER

TecnoGenius

Bump.  Game starting.  Will miss some due to dinner.  Write some good stuff for when I get back y'all!

Butler back, should be fresh and aiming to get big yards.  But McManis may have something to say about that (run to the edge Butler!).

TOR's Brinkman and Hansen back won't hurt either.

HAM losing may help us by giving us some trade possibilities before the deadline.  So go TOR!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

We need a mascot variant uniform like that Argo riding the Ticat one!  Ours would be Buzz riding Gainer.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 20, 2024, 11:05:41 PMHAM losing may help us by giving us some trade possibilities before the deadline.  So go TOR!
I've always had a grudging respect for Hamilton and always cheer for them against the Argos. I just can't pull for the Argos unless they're playing a Western team.

I see Kelly is serving up the INTs early in this one. Good. :-)
Go Bombers!

J5V

Chris Jones definitely had Kelly confused when he threw the INT. The problem for Hamilton is they just aren't good enough to stop the Argo receivers consistently. Coxie and Polk eating up the Hamilton D. Hopefully Jones can get Kelly confused some more.
Go Bombers!

markf

Coxie drops an easy one, then Proceeds to mouth off at ti cat defender.

This game... not the best game of the season.

I find  games with the Argos to be uninteresting for some reason

GOLDMEMBER

TOUCHDOWN HAMMYTOWN

Edit
 Not yet...

TOUCHDOWN HAMMYTOWN

LOL

J5V

Looks like Good BLM playing in this one. Good.
Go Bombers!