Our Remaining Games

Started by BBRT, September 14, 2024, 06:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluengold204

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 16, 2024, 06:21:14 AMHere's a scenario:

WPG's O finally gets hot in the home stretch into the playoffs.  It's been the weak link all season.  Rookies now have experience, IR guys coming back, OL finally gelling, Zach playing sharper.

What if everyone comes together and the O starts lighting everyone up.  And they keep getting better all the way through a home WDF and into the cup, finally getting that cup again.  (Maybe against Dru??)

That's my prediction!  We win at least 4, and I think we sweep EDM.

We've played enough games for our O to figure it out.  If they haven't by now they most likely won't for the remainder of the season.  Especially as the weather gets colder.

That being said my prediction is that we still go 4/5 for the remainder of the season and take the West Division.

The Zipp

Quote from: bluengold204 on September 16, 2024, 12:25:13 PMWe've played enough games for our O to figure it out.  If they haven't by now they most likely won't for the remainder of the season.  Especially as the weather gets colder.

That being said my prediction is that we still go 4/5 for the remainder of the season and take the West Division.

what we have seen is likely what we will get for the rest of the season.  There isn't going to be a sudden change and we are scoring 50+ a game.  protect the football, play strong D, run the ball - it's what we do.

Blueforlife

A good offense doesn't need to put up 50 burgers.  It would be nice but our offense is built on winning the TOP and grinding out victories any way we can.  We have seen other teams put up big passing numbers and more TDs but if we keep on winning no worries.

Pete

The only factor that may improve our Offence is a continued improvement in the Oine .If Bryant is back, and Neufeld returns to form, a line of Bryant, Randolph, Kolo, Neufeld and Lofton could mean a more effective Zac and Brady. With Dobson and Eli coming in we should be running more 6 man fronts This could be a key to beating elks, we wouldn't miss Johnson if we utilized this pkg as hes been invisible.

Pigskin

Would be nice to see our offence finish more drives. Turn the 3 into a 7.   
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

I don't think our offense is really going to get any better down the stretch. It hasn't happened in 13 games and it's unlikely to dramatically improve now. The Edmonton games worry me. Toronto worries me. We're likely to have a tough time along the line of scrimmage in all three of those games which is a recipe for trouble in late September and October. Collaros and the offense more generally has not been able to transition to a quick passing game.

In some ways, Trevor Harris would have probably had more success this year in blue and gold than Collaros has.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bluengold204 on September 16, 2024, 12:25:13 PMWe've played enough games for our O to figure it out.  If they haven't by now they most likely won't for the remainder of the season.  Especially as the weather gets colder.

That's what people would have said about MTL at exactly this point in the 2023 season... then they went on to win 5 in a row to end the season, after a lackluster season (and then the cup, then the first 8 games or so...).

Cody finally clicked with his Rs even on deep shots.  Their OL suddenly became impassable once they put McGloster in for Rice @RT.

If Five Yard O can do it, why not the much better Zach?  If their Rs did it (many of them ELCs), why not our superstars?  If their OL did it, why not our OL?

Our O 100% knows they haven't been stout this season.  They know they're being carried by the D.  I bet every one of them is working every day to get back to 30-40 pts a game form.  We've seen that getting around 20pts in a GC isn't enough to win.

Remember, we did put like 2/3rds of our SMS into the O, and we're supposed to be an O-focused team.  So start acting like it!!
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 17, 2024, 02:12:51 AMThat's what people would have said about MTL at exactly this point in the 2023 season... then they went on to win 5 in a row to end the season, after a lackluster season (and then the cup, then the first 8 games or so...).
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that this has been the plan from day one. After losing the last two grey cups I believe the Bombers' plan was to find a way to peak at the right time -- the playoffs. That would explain the philosophy of the pre-season games, the slow start, the gradual build up and recruitment of new talent blending and learning from the vets. The next five games are going to be more of the same formula -- no panic, slow build-up with improved play by offense, defense, and special teams. I think we're in for some fun times ahead and I'm really looking forward to it.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 17, 2024, 02:29:00 AMIt wouldn't surprise me to learn that this has been the plan from day one. After losing the last two grey cups I believe the Bombers' plan was to find a way to peak at the right time -- the playoffs.

The ultimate in tinfoil!  I like it, and fully support the theory!

In reality, probably, sometimes you just have to get lucky.  This could be our year to peak at the end.

3down just put as at #2 in the power rankings, after being in the bottom half basically all season... People are sensing things.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 17, 2024, 02:33:19 AMThe ultimate in tinfoil!  I like it, and fully support the theory!

In reality, probably, sometimes you just have to get lucky.  This could be our year to peak at the end.

3down just put as at #2 in the power rankings, after being in the bottom half basically all season... People are sensing things.
A bit of luck always helps and there is no reason a veteran club like ours can't time the peak of this team's performance with the playoffs. When we won it in 2019 we definitely peaked at the right time with all three phases playing at their very best come playoff time. A rested Stanley Bryant, Drew Wolitarsky, and possibly Adam Bighill coming back just in time for the playoffs would be huge. If players like Wheatfall can round into top condition by playoff time look out!
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 17, 2024, 02:50:36 AMA rested Stanley Bryant, Drew Wolitarsky, and possibly Adam Bighill coming back just in time for the playoffs would be huge. If players like Wheatfall can round into top condition by playoff time look out!

I could see a HC purposely deciding to hold back IR guys who are 75%, vs thrusting them back into the game.  So in that sense you could try to time your peak.

However, it directly conflicts with MOS's always-stressed "go 1-0 this week" (i.e. "ignore next week") philosophy.  I'm pretty sure he actually believes it and lives it... though I suppose it is possible he doesn't but just uses it as a pedagogical and player-motivational tool.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

We beat Skn, the worst team in the west, maybe the league 2 times.

We beat BC, the most inconsistent team in the league 2 times, once with a very rusty Rourke. 

We beat Hamilton, the worst team in the east, by 3 because they didn't know how to drain the clock.

That's 5 of our 7 wins. 

Edm is better than SKN or HAM and they beat the Lions way worse than we did. We're in for a battle in the next 2 weeks.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: J5V on September 17, 2024, 02:29:00 AMIt wouldn't surprise me to learn that this has been the plan from day one. After losing the last two grey cups I believe the Bombers' plan was to find a way to peak at the right time -- the playoffs. That would explain the philosophy of the pre-season games, the slow start, the gradual build up and recruitment of new talent blending and learning from the vets. The next five games are going to be more of the same formula -- no panic, slow build-up with improved play by offense, defense, and special teams. I think we're in for some fun times ahead and I'm really looking forward to it.

Any day now....time for the offence to kick off the shackles and reveal their true self with a blowout performance they could have conjured up easily 2-3 years ago.  It's like they're mired in molasses with every drive being an immense struggle to score points unless Sergio kicks FG's nearly 3/4 of the field length.  The engine may be running, but it seems to be functioning with many defective parts.

Jesse

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 17, 2024, 02:18:12 PMWe beat Skn, the worst team in the west, maybe the league 2 times.

We beat BC, the most inconsistent team in the league 2 times, once with a very rusty Rourke.

We beat Hamilton, the worst team in the east, by 3 because they didn't know how to drain the clock.

That's 5 of our 7 wins.

Edm is better than SKN or HAM and they beat the Lions way worse than we did. We're in for a battle in the next 2 weeks.

lol.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず