Argos at BC GDT Friday 9PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 12, 2024, 06:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbk

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 14, 2024, 05:02:05 PMAnyone else getting weird vibes from Rourke? He's definitely bought into himself being a peg above the rest, or is it just me?

He's saying the right things mostly but I'm not sure if he actually believes them. Lots of attention on himself.
I personally think he is very much conceited and wasn't at all surprised he didn't make it in the NFL.  The funny part was the interview with Farhan Lalji (who in my opinion kisses Rourke's _ss!) and snubbed him which I think wanted to create more attention to himself.  I prefer someone like ZC and Dru Brown who shine on their team mates and not on themselves. 

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: barbk on September 14, 2024, 07:48:39 PMI personally think he is very much conceited and wasn't at all surprised he didn't make it in the NFL.  The funny part was the interview with Farhan Lalji (who in my opinion kisses Rourke's _ss!) and snubbed him which I think wanted to create more attention to himself.  I prefer someone like ZC and Dru Brown who shine on their team mates and not on themselves. 

If I was the Lions I'd make him drive a Frito-Lay truck all off-season.

The Zipp

Quote from: Pete on September 14, 2024, 02:49:44 PMI think both qbs are looking over their shoulder and being adversely effected. They can pretend they are all one big happy group but each one wants to be THE guy.
   Adams likely feels hes given a lot to this team both financially and physically only to be supplanted the moment Rourke became available
  Rourke has come in after being beaten out by numerous second and third string qbs in the nfl and now his coach is saying they are reevaluating the qb situation on bye week.
  Trade for Maier or Powers as a definite back  up and get a higher 1st rnd draft pick to replace the one they will lose  for exceeding the cap.

When you have 2 "starting" QB's...you have no starting QB's

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on September 14, 2024, 09:30:58 PMWhen you have 2 "starting" QB's...you have no starting QB's

Maybe a little scuffling going on this season but it should sort itself out in the off-season and they'll be down to the anointed one.

Waffler

Rourke still the only player in the league not doing his chinstrap up as rules dictate. Two weeks in a row now. Do I hear a third? How I would love to see a penalty called that takes a score off the board. It's a 10 yarder that they could call literally every play on him. Wonder what he is trying to prove? And why doesn't Campbell tell him to do it up? And why do officials pretend they don't know?
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 14, 2024, 05:02:05 PMAnyone else getting weird vibes from Rourke? He's definitely bought into himself being a peg above the rest, or is it just me?

He's saying the right things mostly but I'm not sure if he actually believes them. Lots of attention on himself.

I think there were unreasonable and unrealistic expectations placed on him for coming in midseason after being out of the league for two years.

He was pushed into the starting lineup due to VAJs injury. Kind of set him up for fairly. I'm withholding judgement until next season.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 14, 2024, 07:54:03 PMIf I was the Lions I'd make him drive a Frito-Lay truck all off-season.

Do any Frito truck drivers make $200k?  They do have to reasonably justify that "marketing money"   :D  :D  :D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 14, 2024, 07:23:20 PMAgree on this.  His look and demeanour on the sidelines at least suggests he's not happy at being pulled from the last game.  Probably inserting the 3rd string guy also added insult to injury.  I somewhat understand that but Campbell made the right decision.  Rourke simply was not performing well.

It makes no sense.  Rourke got hot right before halftime and then they pull him?  VAJ comes in and takes nothing but sacks?  The problem had nothing to do with QB.  Pulling him was pointless.  At least give him the 1st 2 series of the 2nd H to see if the could keep up the better performance.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 14, 2024, 03:27:24 PMEDIT: Hollins has been the target 25% of the time on passing plays. This is the equivalent of us losing Schoen.  In 2023 he was targeted 111 time.

Hollins was huge in '23, but has been mostly useless in '24 (when not in the tub).  Maybe 1-2 good games.  I know, I was picking him a lot in fantasy.  He's been dropsies and whiffsies for most of the year.

You know some Rs come back from big injuries and they just never regain form?  Ya, that smells like Hollins.  He was basically being used as decoy since he clearly couldn't catch anymore.  And he's a very good, fast decoy that Ds have to respect.

They probably let him walk in FA, or make him take a big pay cut.  And I would hard pass on him.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on September 14, 2024, 03:00:21 PMB.C. has shown that they have a good running game. Q.B. struggling a bit? help him out. run the ball.

BC had a great running game vs MTL, which clearly was just the OC/HC allowing Stanback his "revenge".  But most (not all) of the season they did their normal BC thing of pretending to honor the run, but clearly just using it to set up a pass-mostly game later on.

The big problem I see in the BC O is that if a team "has their number" early in a game, they simply cannot adjust.  Look at the '23 WDF; look at the BC@WPG game where we shut them out; and one other loss they had this year.  If a D is shutting them down, they just keep hammering the same plays to no avail, then basically give up at halftime.  It's bizarre, and it doesn't bode well for their GC hopes.

And the problem clearly isn't the QB.  It's the braintrust.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 14, 2024, 02:37:52 PMwho d have figured Edmonton would rise from the dead like they have but we win next game and first place for us looks very good

Who'd have figured WPG would rise from the dead this season too!  (Well, us optimists knew.)

Remember, we were more dead than EDM!  We got a win later than they did!
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 15, 2024, 02:03:27 AMHollins was huge in '23, but has been mostly useless in '24 (when not in the tub).  Maybe 1-2 good games.  I know, I was picking him a lot in fantasy.  He's been dropsies and whiffsies for most of the year.

You know some Rs come back from big injuries and they just never regain form?  Ya, that smells like Hollins.  He was basically being used as decoy since he clearly couldn't catch anymore.  And he's a very good, fast decoy that Ds have to respect.

They probably let him walk in FA, or make him take a big pay cut.  And I would hard pass on him.

He's 3rd in the league in receiving.  15.7 yard and on pace to beat his total from 2023.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on September 14, 2024, 01:22:54 PMBc. Has no money left to pay anyone of ability for their defense. Both QBs are figuratively running into each other.  And what's the stupid idea of turning them into pocket passers.???

They have unlimited money now.  They clearly don't care about the SMS.  I wouldn't put it past them to pick up any late big $$ castoffs that look promising.  In for a SMS overage penny, in for a 1 million overage pound.  Past $300k there is no further real penalty, so if you're already at $300k, might as well go $1M.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 14, 2024, 09:48:02 AMDazed and Confused Campbell does not impress me as coach.

I think Campbell is an exceptional during-the-week coach, but a horrible in-game coach.  They can come up with amazing plans tailored to the opponent.  But have no ability to adjust course in-game if it isn't working.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 15, 2024, 02:13:40 AMHe's 3rd in the league in receiving.  15.7 yard and on pace to beat his total from 2023.

Ya, a couple of big games will do that.  Probably the one against us when we were sucking early in the season  ;D  ;D

It doesn't mean as much this season as so many big receivers are missing some games on the IR (including Hollins).  And no R is being consistently high-yardage.  It's a weird season.  I wonder how the receiving yards compares to last season at this point.  I'm not sure, statswise, but this is my impression following fantasy stats.
Never go full Rider!