Argos at BC GDT Friday 9PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 12, 2024, 06:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Glen....shut the heck up. You suck!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on September 14, 2024, 02:35:06 AMGrant is simply amazing

Ya, I have to admit it was a major screwup letting him go.  I thought he may have been fading last season... but he was probably just nursing his injury still.  To think we lost out on Grant by maybe $25k.  Ugh.

We did the ol' Wally Buono thing and released him a year early... but, like Buono was wrong with AH33, maybe he this was wrong with Grant.  And in any case, how could it have hurt to sign him for 1 more year?

Of course, now Grant will have a completely injury-free year for the first time in a long time.  LOL.  The only saving grace is we probably won't have to face him in the GC.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 14, 2024, 02:52:22 AMHollins busted up that shoulder. Big loss for the Lions. Injury is unfortunate. collar bone snap?

Can't it just be a dislocation?  Wouldn't a bone problem be a weird and rare thing on this play?  Most people's bones can handle their own weight falling on them.

Is Hollins made of glass?  Didn't he just come back from some other injury?

What a weird year for injuries!  (I'll keep saying that until it stops being weird!)
Never go full Rider!

Pete

before the game so many have given BC 1st place in the west, but as shown again they do have flaws

dd

This is awesome, Lions recently sign 2 'big' free agents, spend the cap limit for sure and are stinking the joint out!! I can see why Rourke didn't make the nfl, he's brutal!! One year wonder!! Love it when $500,000 just sits on the bench!!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 14, 2024, 03:49:47 AMWow, so that's what $500,000 looks like sitting on the sidelines!!

This game: Destroyer Of Fantasy Teams Across Canada.  Rourke, he gets ya 35pts, or he gets you 7.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: dd on September 14, 2024, 04:45:08 AMThis is awesome, Lions recently sign 2 'big' free agents, spend the cap limit for sure and are stinking the joint out!! I can see why Rourke didn't make the nfl, he's brutal!! One year wonder!! Love it when $500,000 just sits on the bench!!
BC can't tackle anyone so they sit their QBs. Awesome.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Thanks TOR & Kelly for doing us in WPG a solid!!  Woohoo, WPG #1 with a game in hand!

Even though it destroyed my fantasy team, I couldn't be happier.  At least no one * loses a point on the pickem, since I think everyone (* except 1 guy/gal) picked BC.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

MB guy Rice got into the game for TOR late at RT after their 2nd OL injury.  He looked pretty good.  He would have made a great FA pickup as a backup who can do OG and OT.  He languished on the couch a long time, with TOR only snapping him up at the last second.  Would have been cheap insurance and he would have already used him extensively.

Oh well.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Campbell might of rocked the boat to hard with his QBs. I did not really like the pulling of Rourke. BC OL and WR corps was really underperforming in the first half. I can understand maybe lighting a fire on the O but failed miserably. Could be the beginning of the end for the Lions this year.

Rourke looked annoyed on camera towards the end of the game.

Dazed and Confused Campbell does not impress me as coach.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on September 14, 2024, 05:52:07 AMBC can't tackle anyone so they sit their QBs. Awesome.
:D there whole team was brutal tonight! QB room could be a mess now.

GOLDMEMBER

BC SUX has returned with flying colours. :D

DM83

Bc. Has no money left to pay anyone of ability for their defense. Both QBs are figuratively running into each other.  And what's the stupid idea of turning them into pocket passers.???

These guys made their living escaping the pocket and creating. BCs defensive coordinator should be fired.  He can't manage what he has....which isn't anything.

Hers a tip.  Trade one of your QBs and get draft picks or a MLB and some DBs.  At the current rate BC won't even make the playoffs.......like We care. lol!

Blue In BC

Sorry to see Hollins get injured. I'm not sure if that was a separation or broken collar bone. He was in a lot of pain and I suspect he's gone for an extended time.

Peters might have to miss a game due to concussion protocol. He didn't seem to know where he was after that hit.

Bombers now have a game in hand on top of the season series. Win our next game and the Lions will need to win 2 more games out of their last 4 to pass us.

We also don't want to give the Elks any momentum, so put them out of the play off race. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions