Bryan Scott

Started by jeremy q public, September 11, 2024, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremy q public

Bryan Scott is on his way to Winnipeg. When he was released from Toronto, this is what former teammate Adarius Pickett tweeted about him:

QuoteSince Bryan Scott Stepped Foot on field at practice in 2023 he was a starting CFL Quarterback. Proved It Both pre seasons then in his only regular season action went 5/5 and a TD. You deserve better than this but Argos knew your greatness & Leadership might shine too bright

Also retweeted this:

Quote2023 Preseason: 2nd best passing percentage in the league out of quarterbacks that threw over 10 passes (2nd to only Vernon Adams) - that was in Bryan's first CFL action. Lead All QBs in QBR.

2024 Preseason: 2nd in passing yards among quarterbacks (but had a better yards per attempt than 1st place). Had the longest touchdown pass (82 yards) of the preseason on a 50-yard corner ball on far side of the field.

2024 Regular Season: Went 5/5 for 79 yards and a passing touchdown. He faced Cover 0 in two out of the five snaps played. As well as pressure from the defensive line. He hung in there and made a great throw down the field (never took his eyes off his reads - no panic, all composure - you can't teach composure).

Kid Is A gamer & Winner at every level he plays at.

We all know we need a long-term replacement for Collaros. Maybe having Streveler go down will have a bright side in the long run.

peg_city

towelie

Lots of people have good things to say about him. He's not a young guy though, so I'm not sure how much of a long term option he is.

LXTSN

Quote from: towelie on September 11, 2024, 04:15:41 PMLots of people have good things to say about him. He's not a young guy though, so I'm not sure how much of a long term option he is.
He just turned 29 less than a month ago. Seems to have some USFL experience and is acquainted to the CFL as well. I think that's a perfect mix of potential and the backup plan we need.
I think that short yardage duties will go to Wilson then. He did a decent job last game on short notice.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Are they going to stick him on the PR or do they need to dress 3 QB's for each game?

blue_gold_84

Quite the endorsement. Can't hurt to bring him in and see what he can do, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

The Zipp

Quote from: peg_city on September 11, 2024, 04:05:03 PMLast bomber QB from Occidental was Goltz?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Scott_(quarterback)

Aards will be pumped as president of the Goltz fan club

GOLDMEMBER

Great Scott, we have another QB prospect!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: towelie on September 11, 2024, 04:15:41 PMLots of people have good things to say about him. He's not a young guy though, so I'm not sure how much of a long term option he is.

Collaros was 31 when we traded for him so on the surface I don't see a big issue. Collaros had the advantage of already having starting experience though, so for Scott to be successful he would probably need to get snaps asap. Not sure how that happens but who knows. We could invent a scenario where he wins the backup job in camp next year and Collaros gets hurt in July, but it's a stretch for sure.

blueraid

Yeah.....Scott is middling age wise for a qb but he could have a lot of upside.....Not much CFL experience but experience nonetheless.....I'm good that we're giving him a shot....I'm sure he'll make the most of it

Waffler

Khari Jones was 29 when he got his first start here. If a guy is too young it just means growing pains.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

J5V

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 12, 2024, 02:19:42 PMCollaros was 31 when we traded for him so on the surface I don't see a big issue. Collaros had the advantage of already having starting experience though, so for Scott to be successful he would probably need to get snaps asap. Not sure how that happens but who knows. We could invent a scenario where he wins the backup job in camp next year and Collaros gets hurt in July, but it's a stretch for sure.
Great points. I'd like to add that Scott would get an opportunity to learn from Zach much the same as Brown did before moving on to Ottawa.
Go Bombers!

theaardvark

Buck, Zach, Streveler... its a great QB room to come into.  A good Oline, a great rec corps and the best RB in the league should make it a lot easier for him here than Toronto.

Guessing Dukes and Arbuckle were ahead of him, Dukes being younger with upside and Arbuckle with more experience...

Here's hoping Pinball/Dinwiddie made a mistake
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on September 12, 2024, 06:40:16 PMBuck, Zach, Streveler... its a great QB room to come into.  A good Oline, a great rec corps and the best RB in the league should make it a lot easier for him here than Toronto.

Guessing Dukes and Arbuckle were ahead of him, Dukes being younger with upside and Arbuckle with more experience...

Here's hoping Pinball/Dinwiddie made a mistake

Toronto has indeed churned out a ton of good or at least serviceable QBs, whether they were found, developed, or had a cup of coffee there.
#Ride?