Bombers vs Elks - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, September 08, 2024, 11:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 18, 2024, 10:57:12 PMSo is Bryant scheduled to play this week??

From the sounds of it, yes.  However, no one has committed to anything yet.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

WPG opens up as -1.5 favorites.  Vegas got it right, darn!
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 18, 2024, 09:20:20 PMWhitehead is looking a little iffy for this week. He was dinged going into the last game. Could result in a change at returner.
No change to the injury report day 1 and 2 is what I meant, that wasn't clear, but agree.  He might not go.  Gotta keep him healthy.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 19, 2024, 12:37:39 AMNo change to the injury report day 1 and 2 is what I meant, that wasn't clear, but agree.  He might not go.  Gotta keep him healthy.

I knew what you meant, it was clear. Just wondering what the status of Whitehead was going to be this week. Technically he doesn't have to practice. Noting that Woli was immediately moved to IR before practice started this week and Whitehead wasn't moved to IR.

So in theory, Whitehead might not be ruled out. O'Shea didn't say one way or the other.

I'm somewhat concerned with the swinging door at receiver with injuries that continues.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

BlueFire

Less than 500 tickets left for the Elks. Sell-out shortly. Then we sell out the Argos to finish up the regular season and show the league who has the best fans.Winning cures all.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 19, 2024, 01:12:25 PMI knew what you meant, it was clear. Just wondering what the status of Whitehead was going to be this week. Technically he doesn't have to practice. Noting that Woli was immediately moved to IR before practice started this week and Whitehead wasn't moved to IR.

So in theory, Whitehead might not be ruled out. O'Shea didn't say one way or the other.

I'm somewhat concerned with the swinging door at receiver with injuries that continues.
Good to know, I update my post just so others were not confused.  My writing isn't my strength.  I'm a numbers guy.  The change at receiver each week hasn't helped us but hasn't hurt that much either.  I see blocking as key, get our FB back and setup the blocks and should be ok.  I am more concerned about Whitehead playing hurt.  I am excited for Wheatfall but he will take a few weeks to get to game speed.  While Johnson wasn't producing, he would have known his assignments well and we will have a slight drop off with his departure imo.  Nice to have receivers on the PR to pick up the slack.

Quote from: BlueFire on September 19, 2024, 01:19:53 PMLess than 500 tickets left for the Elks. Sell-out shortly. Then we sell out the Argos to finish up the regular season and show the league who has the best fans.Winning cures all.
Just amazing and thanks for the update.  Happy I got my parking early! :) I have to walk farther for the BB but it was ok and traffic was decent as we got out early.  Great time to be a Bomber fan.

blue_or_die

I don't have siblings, but I do have two kids. If I told my three year old to go out there and put a clean hit on her brother, she would show no hesitation to lay the lumber.

Tyrell: lay it down.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 19, 2024, 02:21:03 PMI don't have siblings, but I do have two kids. If I told my three year old to go out there and put a clean hit on her brother, she would show no hesitation to lay the lumber.

And pick off Tre twice. Maybe even thrice.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 19, 2024, 02:00:40 PMGood to know, I update my post just so others were not confused.  My writing isn't my strength.  I'm a numbers guy.  The change at receiver each week hasn't helped us but hasn't hurt that much either.  I see blocking as key, get our FB back and setup the blocks and should be ok.  I am more concerned about Whitehead playing hurt.  I am excited for Wheatfall but he will take a few weeks to get to game speed.  While Johnson wasn't producing, he would have known his assignments well and we will have a slight drop off with his departure imo.  Nice to have receivers on the PR to pick up the slack.
Just amazing and thanks for the update.  Happy I got my parking early! :) I have to walk farther for the BB but it was ok and traffic was decent as we got out early.  Great time to be a Bomber fan.

I think the movement during 2024 of receivers on and off the roster have greatly impacted our offensive output.

Johnson was only targeted 26 times and had 18 receptions.

Clercius was only targeted 25 times and had 19 receptions.

OTOH in 2023 compared to the receivers they replaced:

Schoen targeted 111 times and had 71 receptions. Note: In 3 games in 2024 he was targeted 25 times.

Bailey targeted 70 times and had 46 receptions

Even without looking at yardage and YAC, it's clear that Collaros had trouble with the corps of choices due to injuries.  Bombers have been the lowest scoring offence this year as a result.

Wheatfall is a different type of receiver but he was targeted 5 times with 3 receptions in 1 game. He may stretch the defence more than Johnson and Clercius were able to do.

How he can block is a different question we'll have to see going forward.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 19, 2024, 05:18:00 PMI think the movement during 2024 of receivers on and off the roster have greatly impacted our offensive output.

Johnson was only targeted 26 times and had 18 receptions.

Clercius was only targeted 25 times and had 19 receptions.

OTOH in 2023 compared to the receivers they replaced:

Schoen targeted 111 times and had 71 receptions. Note: In 3 games in 2024 he was targeted 25 times.

Bailey targeted 70 times and had 46 receptions

Even without looking at yardage and YAC, it's clear that Collaros had trouble with the corps of choices due to injuries.  Bombers have been the lowest scoring offence this year as a result.

Wheatfall is a different type of receiver but he was targeted 5 times with 3 receptions in 1 game. He may stretch the defence more than Johnson and Clercius were able to do.

How he can block is a different question we'll have to see going forward.
Yup it's impacted us but other than Zach's rust to start we found a way and next man has worked, giving us an average pass attack imo, considering the change and injuries it's gone well imo

Wheatfall might have trouble blocking (guess), he will stretch the field after a couple of games

GOLDMEMBER

It has been long since last Blue Bomber football!

Can't wait for Saturday. I think the boys will come out gang busters!

Elks beware  :)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Injury report

Everyone listed as out for Elks (today no change)

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 19, 2024, 02:21:03 PMI don't have siblings, but I do have two kids. If I told my three year old to go out there and put a clean hit on her brother, she would show no hesitation to lay the lumber.

;D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

looks like Wilson, Whitehead and Bryant will be in. For the elks right now Leakes is listed as out which is a big factor for them

barbk

Quote from: BlueFire on September 19, 2024, 01:19:53 PMLess than 500 tickets left for the Elks. Sell-out shortly. Then we sell out the Argos to finish up the regular season and show the league who has the best fans.Winning cures all.
Game #1 at home against Montreal - attendance was 30,140  (lost)
Game #2 at home against BC      -                31,210 (lost)
Game #3 at home against Ottawa  -                28,719 (Win)
Game #4 at home against Calgary  -                29,467 (Win)
Game #5 at home against BC      -                31,859 (Win)
Game #6 at home against Hamilton -                32,343 (Win)
Game #7 at home against Saskatchewan              32,343 (win)

I believe since 2013 when the Canadian Mafia of Wade Miller, Kyle Walters and Mike O'Shea the attendance has improved.  I've been a fan since 1966 and long time season ticket holder and compared to other CFL teams bomber fans have always supported the team win or lose IMO.