Stamps at Elks GDT Sat 600PM CT

Started by gobombersgo, September 06, 2024, 04:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 08, 2024, 01:30:37 AMMBT has always been a turnover machine.
And on cue just threw a pick six to an interior D lineman!!

dd

How does Calgary line up 13 for a kickoff?? They can't count!, that's high school football stuff, and Mark killam is this illustrious special teams guru?? They're a joke right now, a bad one

dd

This loss is totally on dickenson. Bonner has done zip all game, yet he stuck with him. He should have put Maier in to try and change the pace of this pathetic performance.

Pete

shame to see a franchise whose coaches have been hall of fame qbs, have such poor talent at that position. This team isnt even competitive at this point

dd

I just don't see what dickenson sees in bonner. He threw 5 and controversially 6 interceptions, yet, you in your wisdom stay with that guy. Calgary deserves everything they're getting right now. Love it

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on September 07, 2024, 11:24:23 PM2 more Jon Ryan Specials for Jake Julien. They boost the punting average but are really missed assignments.

The new Mr. One-Pointer?  Should I tell him that in the CFL this is a Bad Thing?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on September 08, 2024, 01:15:13 AMI don't remember that, tbh.

He was leading the league in passing most of the year. No one thought the offence was the problem. It was Chris Jones and the defence.

Ya, b4l is right on this one, half this forum wanted EDM to start Ford instead of MBT while EDM was losing.  We can go back and prove it!  To toot my own horn, I said stick with MBT!  (toot toot!)  I don't think Ford will be GC-winning material for several years, if ever.  Give him enough games and good Ds will figure him out and destroy him.  (He would/does make a great #2 though!)

MBT is basically the epitome of a traditional CFL pocket passer, like most of the recent greats (Zach, BLM, Ray).  He's unafraid to gun it (ya, gets some INTs), and a bit crazy so he'll stay in the pocket and take hits to deliver the ball.  He's not perfect, but he's proven he can get you to, and win a cup.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 08, 2024, 01:50:37 AMThis loss is totally on dickenson. Bonner has done zip all game, yet he stuck with him. He should have put Maier in to try and change the pace of this pathetic performance.

Dickenson The Greater is showing that he's done with Maier.  No way he was going to pull Bonner for Maier.  Maybe pull Bonner and put in Stevens, but not Maier.  Maier will now be an injury-only QB until he's released.

You need to let your new kid get live snaps and work through it.  You can't admit you were "wrong" and put your can't-win guy back in.  Why get your known-can't-win going-out-the-door live snaps?  Buys you nothing.

If they think Bonner can't do it then they need to go QB shopping immediately.  If they can't (money, time) then you roll with Bonner or whoever you have in-house come hades or high water.

They really are up the creek without a paddle.

P.S. Bonner seemed to have a cannon in PS, but underthrew so many balls tonight: does he not know how wide the field is?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Who's this guy coaching for EDM now?  Man, his face is ringing so many bells I think I'm in St Paul's Cathedral!  Definitely an ex-player from the last decade or so.  Anyone know who this is?

Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 09, 2024, 07:42:47 AMYa, b4l is right on this one, half this forum wanted EDM to start Ford instead of MBT while EDM was losing.  We can go back and prove it!  To toot my own horn, I said stick with MBT!  (toot toot!)  I don't think Ford will be GC-winning material for several years, if ever.  Give him enough games and good Ds will figure him out and destroy him.  (He would/does make a great #2 though!)

MBT is basically the epitome of a traditional CFL pocket passer, like most of the recent greats (Zach, BLM, Ray).  He's unafraid to gun it (ya, gets some INTs), and a bit crazy so he'll stay in the pocket and take hits to deliver the ball.  He's not perfect, but he's proven he can get you to, and win a cup.

Everyone is excited about Ford. I believe that people wanted to start him while still admitting that MBT wasn't the problem. That's how I saw it, anyway.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 09, 2024, 08:12:23 AMWho's this guy coaching for EDM now?  Man, his face is ringing so many bells I think I'm in St Paul's Cathedral!  Definitely an ex-player from the last decade or so.  Anyone know who this is?

The mayor of Swaggerville
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

I remember Willis retiring as an Elk back in 2022 but I didn't know he'd taken on a coaching role with them.

He's a CFL beauty through and through.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 09, 2024, 04:28:33 PMThe mayor of Swaggerville

He's apparently the Mayor of Commonwealth now. Doesn't have the same ring at all.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 09, 2024, 10:55:11 AMEveryone is excited about Ford. I believe that people wanted to start him while still admitting that MBT wasn't the problem. That's how I saw it, anyway.

I think the Elks coaching staff is nuts to mess with the success MBT has finally brought them after so many losses, they'll make a quick reversal if Ford loses to the Bombers again.  Have to watch out for their running game, currently building a 3-headed monster that could be hard to contain.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 09, 2024, 04:28:33 PMThe mayor of Swaggerville

Funny, that's the 2nd name I thought of but when I looked up his pics it didn't quite look like him?  But I see it now.

No wonder he was so familiar!  Doh.

He's looking like he stayed in shape, and he always has that "I mean business" look on his face!  Good for him settling into a post-play CFL role.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 09, 2024, 04:38:54 PMI think the Elks coaching staff is nuts to mess with the success MBT has finally brought them after so many losses, they'll make a quick reversal if Ford loses to the Bombers again.  Have to watch out for their running game, currently building a 3-headed monster that could be hard to contain.

They didn't start winning until Ford went in the first place.

I would get it either way.
My wife is amazing!