Official Game Day Thread - Sask. at Winnipeg, (Banjo Bowl) September 7, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, September 06, 2024, 04:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: pdirks67 on September 07, 2024, 11:35:22 PMJust got home, cleaned up, starting my celebratory bourbon.

We saw Bad Zach - very tentative and indecisive for most of the game. And we saw Good Zach - I felt he got a bit of his mojo back after Strev went down and start gunning it. Luckily, we did not see Awful Zach - zero picks.

The Bombers sure know how to gut out wins. If we go all the way, it's going to be ugly. So be it.

That was definitely not bad Zach. We've seen bad Zach this year. That guy loses games by throwing a bunch of INTs.
My wife is amazing!

dd

I think Collaros will breath a huge sigh of relief when Stanley comes back and protects his blind side

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 07, 2024, 03:05:52 PMHarris threw for 368 yards and 3 TD's in the last game against us in 49 attempts. He also ran 4 times for 27 yards. They put up 33 points.  We won because of a missed short FG attempt.

I wouldn't call that blanket coverage and we certainly didn't rattle him last week. We did manage to sack him twice. I haven't re-watched that game again but we didn't hit him all that often. It is a fact that if we do hit him early he tends to get rattled. Missing 2 OL might make that more probable.

I don't know what " facts " you're looking at but you need to look at the game stats. Saying " facts are presented above " is only a slogan you like. Stats are facts.

Now I don't think our defence played their best game last week. Bighill had 2 DT's and is now out. Gauthier only has 3 DT's in 12 games. That's a concern behind a 3 man front.

Bombers are capable of putting up 50 points but this is not as lam dunk.

We'll see whether The Riders losing 2 OL and D. Meyers causes them more issues than the Bombers losing Bighill.

On paper and at home we look to win.  Riders didn't try to run very often last week. Hickson only had 12 runs and 32 yards. Harris had 49 pass attempts.

With Bighill out I wouldn't surprised to see a few more runs early to measure their ability to run  and draw the LB's in closer to LOS.
I use the term facts are presented above when I fully agree with another poster.  No, I have plenty to slogans.  Fact is the coaches and management continues to put the the right players on the field and all we do is win.  Fact is we are the class of the West.  Thomas played good, his 200th game (5th in Bomber history), key cog on our D.  Fact is he will remain in the lineup all year.  Trust the process, trust the mafia and never doubt the Blue when rolling so well.  We are at the tail end of one of the best runs in Bomber history, enjoy the ride.  Fact is the blanket cover worked.  Don't need to sack Harris just get in his grill and cover the receivers.  Loud and proud today and a great time to be a Bomber fan.
Quote from: Blue In BC on September 07, 2024, 03:58:23 PMCopied from the other site. I thought this was funny but not in a good way.

Our blitzes are like blintzes. Soft and cheesy.

I sometimes think our DL is still practicing social distancing.
DL played well enough to secure victory.  The players and schemes we are using shut Harris down enough to win.  DL playing good this year considering the turn over.  We have good starters and depth.  Rotation working.
Quote from: The Zipp on September 07, 2024, 04:14:36 PMAll facts by BiBC...

3 man rush has its place...overused last game and adjustments when a D lineman went in to play on the offensive line were not made. 
Fact is the system we are using got us 2 victories. 

Quote from: pdirks67 on September 07, 2024, 11:35:22 PMJust got home, cleaned up, starting my celebratory bourbon.

We saw Bad Zach - very tentative and indecisive for most of the game. And we saw Good Zach - I felt he got a bit of his mojo back after Strev went down and start gunning it. Luckily, we did not see Awful Zach - zero picks.

The Bombers sure know how to gut out wins. If we go all the way, it's going to be ugly. So be it.

Zach played fine imo.
Quote from: Blue In BC on September 07, 2024, 10:06:40 PMOne poster mentioned Neufeld wasn't playing well. I'm not sure but our OL overall did not play great. Hopefully we get Bryant back after the bye.

Riders with 2 new starting OL and we didn't record a sack. Bombers had more problems than they did.

Once again. Why is Johnson still starting? He had 1 target and no completions. Can  somebody that was at the game detail how he's doing blocking and / or getting open? Can't honestly tell on TV.

Production is close to zero after 13 games.
Johnson is in because of his blocking.  Been over this before.
Quote from: The Zipp on September 07, 2024, 08:13:08 PMZach is not right

Bomber offense is still bad
Zach is fine
Offense is fine
Our offense is not bad, end of.  Top QB, best RB, good OL when healthy.  Great receivers.  Good play calling.
Aged poorly imo

Quote from: The Zipp on September 07, 2024, 08:18:18 PMWow. 

The offensive plays at the end of the half..stale / dumb

Quote from: The Zipp on September 07, 2024, 08:19:36 PMI would say not a great half of offensive football

c+ at best
Overstated on the negative.  Playing a great D, 2nd game in a row.  Played good considering.

Facts

Passing    C/ATT    YDS    TD    INT    AVG    LG
24/31    231    1    0    7.5    25

Quote from: The Zipp on September 07, 2024, 07:31:56 PM3 man rush is getting burnt
Quote from: The Zipp on September 07, 2024, 07:33:36 PMYou can physically cover a person for that length of time - it's impossible

Younger hadn't learned
Quote from: Pete on September 07, 2024, 07:34:30 PMeveryone can see the 3 man against harris sucks....why cant younger?
I like winning.  Not perfect but go us two key victories.  I take that all day.  Hall and Younger and our D did enough to beat a decent Sask club and a tough QB to scheme for.

The Zipp

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 08, 2024, 12:11:23 AMZach played fine imo.Johnson is in because of his blocking.  Been over this before.

I saw him today absolutely give up on his block and get pushed around

We can and should do better than him

Doug brown agrees

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on September 08, 2024, 12:12:50 AMI saw him today absolutely give up on his block and get pushed around

Doug brown agrees
Please suggest who would be a better option at blocking.

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 08, 2024, 12:16:04 AMPlease suggest who would be a better option at blocking.

Rasheed Bailey. Lucky would be more effective in every way as well.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on September 08, 2024, 12:19:42 AMRasheed Bailey. Lucky would be more effective in every way as well.
Bailey not an opinion, doesn't play for us.  Lucky can't block.  Johnson is learning and is our best option currently because he can block.  Management and the coaches obviously see something and I trust them.  Yes I would like him to do more but we need to be patient and realistic here.

If Case or Wheatfall were better options they would be in the lineup.  That said I believe both are decent and hopefully can get reps eventually so we can develop them.

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on September 08, 2024, 12:12:50 AMI saw him today absolutely give up on his block and get pushed around

Doug brown agrees

He's a receiver and a large part of his role should be to be a target on offence. 138 yards in 13 games is not good enough. Clercius can block, Woli can block. So can Desmki for that matter.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 08, 2024, 12:07:59 AMI use the term facts are presented above when I fully agree with another poster.  No, I have plenty to slogans.  Fact is the coaches and management continues to put the the right players on the field and all we do is win.  Fact is we are the class of the West.  Thomas played good, his 200th game, key cog on our D.  Fact is he will remain in the lineup all year.  Trust the process, trust the mafia and never doubt the Blue when rolling so well.  We are at the tail end of one of the best runs in Bomber history, enjoy the ride.  Fact is the blanket cover worked.  Don't need to sack Harris just get in his grill and cover the receivers.  Loud and proud today and a great time to be a Bomber fan.DL played well enough to secure victory.  The players and schemes we are using shut Harris down enough to win.  DL playing good this year considering the turn over.  We have good starters and depth.  Rotation working.Fact is the system we are using got us 2 victories. 
Zach played fine imo.Johnson is in because of his blocking.  Been over this before.Zach is fine
Offense is fine
Our offense is not bad, end of.  Top QB, best RB, good OL when healthy.  Great receivers.  Good play calling.
Aged poorly imo
Overstated on the negative.  Playing a great D, 2nd game in a row.  Played good considering.

Facts

Passing    C/ATT    YDS    TD    INT    AVG    LG
24/31    231    1    0    7.5    25
I like winning.  Not perfect but go us two key victories.  I take that all day.  Hall and Younger and our D did enough to beat a decent Sask club and a tough QB to scheme for.

Thomas played well? He recorded no stats. Didn't get in the same postal code as Harris. He did squat against the run.

Jefferson was the only player on the DL to record a stat. All the DT's were by the DB's and a few by the LB's.

You can't keep saying these are not issues just because we won.

You commented that the offence didn't play well in the 1st half was over stated in the negative.   We were leading 13 - 3 at half time. 10 points were the result of early turnovers in good field position.

Collaros only threw for 103 yards in the 1st half. Play calling was suspect.

That's a bad 1st half in anybodies reasonable view.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 08, 2024, 01:43:37 AMThomas played well? He recorded no stats. Didn't get in the same postal code as Harris. He did squat against the run.

Jefferson was the only player on the DL to record a stat. All the DT's were by the DB's and a few by the LB's.

You can't keep saying these are not issues just because we won.

You commented that the offence didn't play well in the 1st half was over stated in the negative.  We were leading 13 - 3 at half time. 10 points were the result of early turnovers in good field position.

Collaros only threw for 103 yards in the 1st half. Play calling was suspect.

That's a bad 1st half in anybodies reasonable view.

Zach played good imo.  Can agree to disagree.
Thomas isn't a stat machine, played good enough to help limit Sask's offense
The original argument was against Thomas and 3 man rush.  The combo worked again.  All the stats by DBs and LBs by design; the system worked twice in a row.
Happy with Zach, Thomas, play calling, DL.  We can agree to disagree. 
I see a great team, best in the West.  Yes room to improve but we are cooking with gas all there phases imo.
I see no issues with the offense or Zach.  Yup we winning, yes we rolling.  You see issues I see a great offense.  See who is right come playoffs.

My only concern with this club is the health of our OL, Strev, Drew and Biggie.

I see little value in most of our exchanges as of late.  Let's give it a break.  We won't see eye to eye on much.  That's ok.  We have different opinions. I value your input on here in general.

Each week if different, our schemes will adjust and be well suited for most teams.  We are not at Montreal's level yet but getting close.

The true is usually somewhere between two strings ends of an argument

towelie

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 08, 2024, 12:20:39 AMBailey not an opinion, doesn't play for us.  Lucky can't block.  Johnson is learning and is our best option currently because he can block.  Management and the coaches obviously see something and I trust them.  Yes I would like him to do more but we need to be patient and realistic here.

If Case or Wheatfall were better options they would be in the lineup.  That said I believe both are decent and hopefully can get reps eventually so we can develop them.

I think Wheatfall has a legit shot at some point, injury or whatever. But yeah he's not a blocking receiver. I think Clercius has been pretty good blocking when on the field, and has been more productive as a receiver... I agree JJ is in there for blocking but can't help but think there are other options. I'd rather have someone like lucky or wheatfall on the field for passing downs. Use the fb's (if healthy) for blocking

Blueforlife

Quote from: towelie on September 08, 2024, 02:11:00 AMI think Wheatfall has a legit shot at some point, injury or whatever. But yeah he's not a blocking receiver. I think Clercius has been pretty good blocking when on the field, and has been more productive as a receiver... I agree JJ is in there for blocking but can't help but think there are other options. I'd rather have someone like lucky or wheatfall on the field for passing downs. Use the fb's (if healthy) for blocking
Agree most
Great point about FBs

Proud of 44.  Doesn't get that much love but he is a key depth guy for us.  100 games, doing something right.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 08, 2024, 01:48:50 AMZach played good imo.  Can agree to disagree.
Thomas isn't a stat machine, played good enough to help limit Sask's offense
The original argument was against Thomas and 3 man rush.  The combo worked again.  All the stats by DBs and LBs by design; the system worked twice in a row.
Happy with Zach, Thomas, play calling, DL.  We can agree to disagree. 
I see a great team, best in the West.  Yes room to improve but we are cooking with gas all there phases imo.
I see no issues with the offense or Zach.  Yup we winning, yes we rolling.  You see issues I see a great offense.  See who is right come playoffs.

My only concern with this club is the health of our OL, Strev, Drew and Biggie.

I see little value in most of our exchanges as of late.  Let's give it a break.  We won't see eye to eye on much.  That's ok.  We have different opinions. I value your input on here in general.

Each week if different, our schemes will adjust and be well suited for most teams.  We are not at Montreal's level yet but getting close.

The true is usually somewhere between two strings ends of an argument

4 teams scored more points than the Bombers today. The Bombers are still last in offence in points and yardage.

Winning is a factor of the rest of the team playing well and does not totally fall on the back of the offence.

Harris had more yardage than Collaros. The good news is that Collaros is not turning over the ball.

Thomas is not a stat machine since he records no stats and has no impact on the outcome of the game. Watch the Riders 1st TD series and watch Thomas specifically. You'll see him in chase mode.

Bombers may win in the playoffs and even win the Grey Cup. that's not the issue.

You may not see value in the conversations but others do.  If you can't accept being challenged on your statements then you need to step away from the computer.  Either that or be prepared to support your statements with facts and not generalizations.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 08, 2024, 02:42:15 AM4 teams scored more points than the Bombers today. The Bombers are still last in offence in points and yardage.

Winning is a factor of the rest of the team playing well and does not totally fall on the back of the offence.

Harris had more yardage than Collaros. The good news is that Collaros is not turning over the ball.

Thomas is not a stat machine since he records no stats and has no impact on the outcome of the game. Watch the Riders 1st TD series and watch Thomas specifically. You'll see him in chase mode.

Bombers may win in the playoffs and even win the Grey Cup. that's not the issue.

You may not see value in the conversations but others do.  If you can't accept being challenged on your statements then you need to step away from the computer.  Either that or be prepared to support your statements with facts and not generalizations.
Stop making it about me, focus on ball.  I love a debate on here, not enjoying it with you lately.  I have no problem with people challenging each others opinions, it's how this place functions.  Finding it provided little value with you at the moment tbh.
Imo, Thomas is a good DL with the right passport and will continue to start.  Agree to disagree.  Watching a play where he gets beat means nothing to me, yes it will happen to a vet with limited speed (also happens to Biggie at times).  It's seasons worth of play that matters to me.
Zach is playing well, offense is playing well imo.  Agree to disagree.
Not going anywhere.  Suggesting I step away from the keyboard is over the top.  I don't need facts for every argument or opinion, yes they can be helpful and relevant. 
Here to voice my opinion, always have, always will be.  You have tried to take shots at my character at times on here and it's wearing thin.  Focus on ball, not me, not sure why you can't do that after numerous requests.  Thanks.
Yup shot at the cup, all that matters.

dd

I m thinking this is Jakey s swan song, he played his 200th game today, which is a tremendous accomplishment, but he is dreadfully slow and always in chase mode. He's always been the sentimental fan favourite, but I'm thinking this is it for him