Official Game Day Thread - Sask. at Winnipeg, (Banjo Bowl) September 7, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, September 06, 2024, 04:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 07, 2024, 09:59:00 PMWhew again. We have a very good lock on 1st place now. Season series against the Lions, Stamps and Riders.

It was a difficult win and we made some great plays and just a few bad plays. Half of Riders passing yardage came on those 2 big catches.

Streveler injured on another RP by Brown. He'll get another big fine but I wonder if injuring 3 QB's gets him suspended this time? 

Not sure how serious Streveler's injury is but he may miss some games. Having the bye may give him time to heal if no actual damage.

Perhaps now is the time to call Dolegala as a potential # 3 or PR QB at the very least. With 5 regular season games left a rookie won't help much. He'd also be a potential starter over Wilson IF COLLAROS gets hurt.

Look at the defensive stats. Unusual. Jefferson, Ayers and Jones had 2 DT's each. All the other 21 were made by DB's. Don't see that often.

I'll have to watch the game again to see how many 3 or 4 man fronts we used. Didn't get a lot of pressure but aside from 2 successful deep shots Harris had little success.
The call to dolegala makes total sense. Lots can happen down the home stretch and best be prepared

Blue In BC

One poster mentioned Neufeld wasn't playing well. I'm not sure but our OL overall did not play great. Hopefully we get Bryant back after the bye.

Riders with 2 new starting OL and we didn't record a sack. Bombers had more problems than they did.

Once again. Why is Johnson still starting? He had 1 target and no completions. Can  somebody that was at the game detail how he's doing blocking and / or getting open? Can't honestly tell on TV.

Production is close to zero after 13 games.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on September 07, 2024, 10:02:55 PMThey can go on and on about Milligan all they want, I'll take Ford any day!! Outstanding defensive play, and interception to seal the game

True but Milligan is an ST demon and all over the field. Ford is a shutdown CB and may evolve to an expanded role over time.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Class act that Mike O'Shea is. While being interviewed by John lui who was congratulating him on his significant win pushing him by his grant O'Shea response was to congratulate Jake Thomas on his 200th game!! Unreal!!

Watch O'Shea before every game, he goes down the sideline and shakes everyone on the bonnet staff s hand before the games including the water boys. That's a 100% class act

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 07, 2024, 10:08:03 PMTrue but Milligan is an ST demon and all over the field. Ford is a shutdown CB and may evolve to an expanded role over time.
And you didn't see ford run down the speedy Alford on one of his returns?? Nobody catches Alford from behind, except ford did!!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Blitzer

Bombers were losing close ones and now they're winning close ones. Hopefully at playoff time they'll be in top form. I guess the Strevolution has been put on hold but I'd like to see Wilson play.

dd

Quote from: Jesse on September 07, 2024, 10:21:57 PMHow bout that? You like that?
I didn't think it was possible but ford showed us it is. Even home boy suitor remarked on the play

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on September 07, 2024, 10:13:36 PMAnd you didn't see ford run down the speedy Alford on one of his returns?? Nobody catches Alford from behind, except ford did!!

I did and it was impressive. However before this game he's had 2 ST's and Milligan had 17. I won't diss how good a player Milligan has been this season.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Blitzer on September 07, 2024, 10:26:35 PMBombers were losing close ones and now they're winning close ones. Hopefully at playoff time they'll be in top form. I guess the Strevolution has been put on hold but I'd like to see Wilson play.
So would I. Hope Streve is ok. But in the meantime Wilson gets an opportunity to show us what he's got

Blue In BC

Earlier in the game I saw a defensive player down but didn't see who it was or whether he returned. Looked like a DL due to his size.

Anyone notice?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

I really didn't like the 2nd. down play before the last Bomber FG. Just hand it off to BO20 and try and get the 5 yards for the 1st. down.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

John Lu interview on Zach was dumb ending with the Briwn *** hole question. Nice stinker JOHN!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pdirks67

Just got home, cleaned up, starting my celebratory bourbon.

We saw Bad Zach - very tentative and indecisive for most of the game. And we saw Good Zach - I felt he got a bit of his mojo back after Strev went down and start gunning it. Luckily, we did not see Awful Zach - zero picks.

The Bombers sure know how to gut out wins. If we go all the way, it's going to be ugly. So be it.

pdirks67

I was told just before the game that TSN WAS actually playing the game on TSN+. I'm not sure if this is going to be the case for the rest of the early Saturday games.