Good bad ugly laborday edition

Started by Pete, September 02, 2024, 06:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Can someone please elaborate re the fight in the stands? Or is it being discussed in another thread I can be linked to? Thanks.
#Ride?

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 03, 2024, 07:03:26 PMCan someone please elaborate re the fight in the stands? Or is it being discussed in another thread I can be linked to? Thanks.

Goggle it. It's all there, a bunch of drunks fighting.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

jayrock

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 03, 2024, 07:03:26 PMCan someone please elaborate re the fight in the stands? Or is it being discussed in another thread I can be linked to? Thanks.
Just a bunch of clowns from both teams trying to be tough.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

peg_city

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on September 03, 2024, 02:50:12 PMI get that chop blocks aren't illegal but aren:t they usually done by the blocker going sideways and using his shoulder? The issue I had was leading with the helmut into the knee area. Is that not similar to spearing?

100% legal in the box by team A as long as the guy low-blocked isn't engaged (well, there's slightly more nuance to the rule, but this is the gist).  I've heard some DC or maybe Lapo talk about it.  OL/blockers like to do it maybe once a game to keep the pass rushers guessing and mix things up.

I see what you're saying, but it's just something no one has made illegal yet.  Besides what happened to Biggie, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone actually get injured by it.  Biggie's problem may be more that he went airborne.

Most DL know to watch for it and do a little dance/hold-up thing to avoid getting their shins blown out.  Watch Willie handle them (it's rare)... he's superb at staying healthy.  Very good survival skills!

I wouldn't expect Biggie to be as good at spotting and avoiding this tactic, as he rushes maybe twice a game.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on September 03, 2024, 07:52:12 PMJust a bunch of clowns from both teams trying to be tough.

Ya, real disappointing to see.  Wouldn't want my kids around that.  I thought this was only a 1980's thing?

I think if you're the visitor in the stadium you need to be extra gracious and try to not get into anything.  Just like visiting someone's house: you don't go start punching up the place.

I would hope we treat visiting Greenies a lot better than this in the BB.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Any word on what repercussions the fighters faced?  Did this make the Leader Post?
Never go full Rider!

jayrock

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 04, 2024, 07:01:59 AMYa, real disappointing to see.  Wouldn't want my kids around that.  I thought this was only a 1980's thing?

I think if you're the visitor in the stadium you need to be extra gracious and try to not get into anything.  Just like visiting someone's house: you don't go start punching up the place.

I would hope we treat visiting Greenies a lot better than this in the BB.

Ya my wife is not to excited to come to BB this Saturday after she saw the fight. We are sitting in a section we have never sat in before so we are not to sure what is going to happen. I have had a view run ins with poor fans over the last 21 years we have gone to what was the Back-to-back and now banjo bowl. She is asking me maybe do not go full Rider this year. Which is sad that she has to even ask that.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: jayrock on September 04, 2024, 01:38:29 PMYa my wife is not to excited to come to BB this Saturday after she saw the fight. We are sitting in a section we have never sat in before so we are not to sure what is going to happen. I have had a view run ins with poor fans over the last 21 years we have gone to what was the Back-to-back and now banjo bowl. She is asking me maybe do not go full Rider this year. Which is sad that she has to even ask that.
I think she is worrying about it to much. I have never seen fighting at IG field. Get Alcohol involved and who know I guess. I think you and her are reading to much into this.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

jayrock

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 04, 2024, 01:43:34 PMI think she is worrying about it to much. I have never seen fighting at IG field. Get Alcohol involved and who know I guess. I think you and her are reading to much into this.

Never a full blown slobberknocker like we saw on Sunday, but do not kid yourself if you think there have never been fights. I like to think I am a good visiting fan, but I have had my share of run ins with clowns, and some who try to get into it with me. some even go out of their way to pick on my wife instead of me. So ya, in general bomber fans are good. But to be honest there are more then there used to be of goofs who want to stir things up with a fan from the visiting team.

Like I said I have been going to this game for 21 years, used to sit in the dunk tank on fan day,  go to 3 - 4 bomber games a year, used to have season tickets at the old barn. So I have seen it, and no I am not over thinking it. There is that slight chance, and she/we want to enjoy ourselves.

we have never had trouble tailgating, but you get in the stands around people you do not know, and come the 3rd when the 90 dollar beers are really kicking in, you just never know what will happen.

jayrock

regardless, we are still going, I am going to have a great time watching the Riders win, and I am looking forward to the seats we have this year, as I want to get seasons again next year.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: jayrock on September 04, 2024, 01:38:29 PMYa my wife is not to excited to come to BB this Saturday after she saw the fight. We are sitting in a section we have never sat in before so we are not to sure what is going to happen. I have had a view run ins with poor fans over the last 21 years we have gone to what was the Back-to-back and now banjo bowl. She is asking me maybe do not go full Rider this year. Which is sad that she has to even ask that.

Don't drink 200 beers. Don't push people. If someone's making you feel uncomfortable text or visit fan services. You'll be fine and you both will have a great time (despite seeing the Riders lose). Not saying the Riders don't, but the Bombers have phenomenal security and game day support services.

jayrock

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 04, 2024, 02:38:39 PMDon't drink 200 beers. Don't push people. If someone's making you feel uncomfortable text or visit fan services. You'll be fine and you both will have a great time (despite seeing the Riders lose). Not saying the Riders don't, but the Bombers have phenomenal security and game day support services.
Are you telling me to not drink 200 beer and push people????

Throw Long Bannatyne

It takes 2 to tango, if someone gets on your case just pretend they're not there and get on with your business, works every time.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: jayrock on September 04, 2024, 02:49:08 PMAre you telling me to not drink 200 beer and push people????

Especially if the person you're pushing has also had 200 beers.  ;D