Banjo Bowl ( early talk )

Started by Blue In BC, September 02, 2024, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Reading the rider forum on Durant, if its green they defend them like family, but the thats part of where the banjo boel name originated

pdirks67

Quote from: jdrattops on September 05, 2024, 10:04:44 PMI'm curious on your response... Would you ever think about moving Randolph to RT for Lofton?  The kid has been pretty solid other than those couple quarters when SB went down. 

Hmmmm...you might have something here...

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2024-09-05    WPG    Chris-Ike, Michael    RB    N    Delaware State    TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER    Practice Roster
2024-09-05    WPG    Hubert, Owen    DL    N    McMaster    TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER    Practice Roster
2024-09-05    WPG    Bridges, Marquise    DB    A    North Dakota State    ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER    Game Roster
2024-09-05    WPG    Bowers, Lourenz    LB    N    Western University    DEL    Free Agent

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: jdrattops on September 05, 2024, 10:04:44 PMI'm curious on your response... Would you ever think about moving Randolph to RT for Lofton?  The kid has been pretty solid other than those couple quarters when SB went down. 

Lofton has been more than decent at RT I wouldn't mess with him. If Randolph is sent back to the PR he can go to LT school and if he does well he can become the future replacement for Stanley.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on September 05, 2024, 03:40:48 PMSo, is that why Osh does the smelling salts before each game?

It's all of them.  Remember how many packets I found littering the BC bench the other week.  And it's not just pre-game, everyone is going all game long.  It's to the CFL what chawing-tabaccy is/was to baseball.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

If Big Stan is healthy, I'm keeping Randolph in Neuf's spot, and everyone else the same.  We directly saw massive improvement with only 1 OL change: Neuf->Randolph.  And over 3 games, not just some rando single game luck.

Only if things start going back to week 1-5 bad do you then change the OL.  Then you consider is Neuf better than Dobson or Randolph or Lofton?  Assuming Neuf can play on the left side...

Lofton at RT has been stout lately.  I don't think his run block is nearly as good as Yoshi's, but his pass-pro is starting to get close!  I think Mafia sees this and that's why he's stayed static at that spot.  He'll probably only get better, and we use our jumbo to get the run block we used to get from Yosh.

At our worst Lofton was rarely the weak link.

Randolph with only 1.5 games under his belt at LT hasn't been too bad, and seems to be improving.  If he has past LT experience, he may be the better choice for grooming when Stan leaves.  We'll always still need a RT, so leave Lofton where he's been doing well if you have guys who you can experiment with at LT.  (However, Stan ain't going nowhere until after 2025, unless his heart is blowing up.)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 05, 2024, 10:43:41 PMCouldn't agree more. In the good ole days, players handled this by cut blocking the guy in an attempt to take out his knees, one guy engages with the guy, the other guy cut blocks him....but that was back in the eye for an eye days....man how i miss those days!!

Completely illegal nowadays, of course!  But you knew that.  Not only do you have to slip it past the refs, but the EITS will throw those flags if it spots them, it's part of their allowed auto-reviews.  And they've actually done this in the past!

And hurting Brown doesn't really "get them back", hurting Trevor does!!  Not saying you should do that, and I know Mafia-led players never plan that, but in theory that's what would even the score.

I don't think you need to play to hurt Trevor anyhow, the dude is glass.  Just get some legit sacks on him and he'll probably be benched.

So I'd say do what MOS will almost certainly be saying: just concentrate on and do your normal job.  Karma often evens these things out for you.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

We should win this one to spite Durant.  What a stupid interview, and stupid answers.  3down is even complicit as they didn't really say (at least not in the top 5 paragraphs where it mattered) that Durant never took a live snap for WFC.  If you read just the first few paras, you get the impression he dressed for some real games because he was "signed for 4 months".

They should just come out and say in the first paragraph that the DB took our big bonus money in Jan and then buggered off 4 months later before the season ever started.

And "nameless" (probably non-existent) "coach" isn't the one who would grant him leave or not... if he really wanted it he goes to the top.  The whole story doesn't make sense.  He's fishing for excuses to placate his internal guilt.  Never thought I'd hate a QB more than BLM, but here we are!  Thanks Durant!
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Who takes $70k from a team and fails to show up and earn that money?  I'll answer the question - a mercenary!  No excuse or reason would ever support such a decision.  Is is legal?  Yes, according to the rules.  Is is fair and acceptable?  Clearly no.  You don't show up for work.  You shouldn't get paid - bonus or otherwise.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Brown and Mace make excuses.  I say "liars!", but whatever... you be the judge.

As others have pointed out, Brown was the guy who also got flagged for taking Dru out of an OTT game by doing the ol' "I'm still rolling!" routine.

I look at Brown's record and compare with 12 year vet Fatboi's nearly spotless record...

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/05/miles-brown-not-a-dirty-player-as-saskatchewan-roughriders-dl-explains-intent-during-high-hit-on-zach-collaros/
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 06, 2024, 04:51:56 AMLofton has been more than decent at RT I wouldn't mess with him. If Randolph is sent back to the PR he can go to LT school and if he does well he can become the future replacement for Stanley.

My big hope was that Randolph comes in and kills it at RG (which I think he did) and then he takes the RT spot next season. There's no way we mess around with the OL like that in this part of the season without injury though.

Randolph's success as big Stan's back-up indicates he'll be a great option wherever we can get him in next year, though. Hopefully Stan comes back for one more year.
My wife is amazing!

jayrock

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 06, 2024, 06:51:36 AMBrown and Mace make excuses.  I say "liars!", but whatever... you be the judge.

As others have pointed out, Brown was the guy who also got flagged for taking Dru out of an OTT game by doing the ol' "I'm still rolling!" routine.

I look at Brown's record and compare with 12 year vet Fatboi's nearly spotless record...

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/05/miles-brown-not-a-dirty-player-as-saskatchewan-roughriders-dl-explains-intent-during-high-hit-on-zach-collaros/

My two sense, some bomber fans are starting to come off sounding like spoiled children when things do not go their way. 4 years of success and great football, and now the team is just good enough and not everything is going their way they start to complain and whine on and on about it, it comes off badly. Was it a high hit, you bet. Penalty given fine handed out. Brown is not a dirty player and he does not have a history of things like this.
You sound just like all the Rider fans in July when Biggy tackled Patterson. And to top it off, to hint at bomber players have the right to hurt another player, just does not help your cause.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: jayrock on September 06, 2024, 03:05:07 PMMy two sense, some bomber fans are starting to come off sounding like spoiled children when things do not go their way. 4 years of success and great football, and now the team is just good enough and not everything is going their way they start to complain and whine on and on about it, it comes off badly. Was it a high hit, you bet. Penalty given fine handed out. Brown is not a dirty player and he does not have a history of things like this.
You sound just like all the Rider fans in July when Biggy tackled Patterson. And to top it off, to hint at bomber players have the right to hurt another player, just does not help your cause.

Oh please. You're spending too much time in the Rider Forum echo chamber.

The Riders continue to be the most fined organization this year in the CFL for dangerous play. This year is not an anomaly. Over the last several years, the Riders organization was caught breaking rules related to practice roster and rules and subsequently fined (after getting into a public spat with the old commissioner). They defended Garrett Marino for weeks (even following one of the dirtiest plays and then completely reprehensible celebration afterwards that I have ever seen on a football field at ANY level of play) before they were forced into doing the right thing. Duke Williams was suspended for throwing his helmet at an opponents face in WARMUPS in 2022 (and in a later incident banned from the sidelines for causing a major disturbance in while in street clothes). They caught hot water for "girl math" this off-season after offending woman across the country. We've had one ourselves, but there's been SEVERAL DUI situations over there in recent years.

The Riders are not well run, they aren't an example to follow and they have been pretty bad on the field, which is not surprising.  I get why Riders fans are frustrated but you are barking up the wrong tree by calling Bombers fans "spoiled", when really, they seem to be clearly saying they'd prefer not to see concussions on very avoidable headshots, which is exactly what the Bombers organization has had to say two years in a row after Labour Day.

Cool?

wpg#1

Here's my 2 cents. Rider fans keep claiming conspiracies'( completely ridiculous ), the CFL is against them, everyone hates us .. blah blah blah, but don't want to look at WHY they are getting the penalties and fines.

That riderfans forum is completely ridiculous. They say Wade Miller should be fined for being upset that Zach got hit high, and refuse to look at why Brown got fined.

The complaining includes my friends and family in Saskatchewan !! I hear it all the time.

NUTS !! 
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

jayrock

Quote from: wpg#1 on September 06, 2024, 03:37:25 PMHere's my 2 cents. Rider fans keep claiming conspiracies'( completely ridiculous ), the CFL is against them, everyone hates us .. blah blah blah, but don't want to look at WHY they are getting the penalties and fines.

That riderfans forum is completely ridiculous. They say Wade Miller should be fined for being upset that Zach got hit high, and refuse to look at why Brown got fined.

NUTS !! 

well your first mistake is do not ever go to the rider form. Those people are crazy. And it is always easier to look in from the outside then it is to see from the inside out.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG