Banjo Bowl ( early talk )

Started by Blue In BC, September 02, 2024, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

I think we should begin Saturday's game before O Canada with a special ceremony unveiling Darian on the Ring of Honour. Like a completely ironic but serious ceremony, with the jumbotron showing highlights of the time of him announcing his retirement thru the 2019 season leading up to our Grey Cup victory. Just a complete troll move, right in front of his face, the Rider team and coaches, travelling fans, and everyone watching on TV.
#Ride?

wpg#1

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 05, 2024, 07:00:26 PMI think we should begin Saturday's game before O Canada with a special ceremony unveiling Darian on the Ring of Honour. Like a completely ironic but serious ceremony, with the jumbotron showing highlights of the time of him announcing his retirement thru the 2019 season leading up to our Grey Cup victory. Just a complete troll move, right in front of his face, the Rider team and coaches, travelling fans, and everyone watching on TV.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

Blueforlife

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS   Practice Day   
Player Name   Position   Injury   WED   THU   Game Status
Michael Chris-Ike   FB   Foot   Full   Full   Questionable
Zach Collaros   QB   Neck   Full   Full   Available
Adam Bighill   LB   Knee   DNP   DNP   Out
Brian Cole   LB   Foot   Full   Full   Questionable
Pat Neufeld   OL   Knee   Full   Full   Questionable
Stanley Bryant   OL   Illness   Limited   DNP   Doubtful
Lucky Whitehead   WR   Ankle   DNP   DNP   Doubtful

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS   Practice Day   
Jayden Dalke   DB   Healthy scratch   Full   Full   Available
Peter Godber   OL   Ankle   DNP   DNP   Out
Jaxon Ford   DB   Wrist   Full   Full   Available
Zack Fry   OL   Elbow   DNP   DNP   Out
Amari Henderson   DB   Shoulder   Full   Full   Available
Bruno Labelle   FB   Healthy scratch   Full   Full   Available
Dohnte Meyers   WR   Shoulder   DNP   DNP   Out
Kian Schaffer-Baker   WR   Hip/Hand   Full   Full   Available
Melique Straker   LB   Hip   DNP   DNP   Out
Nick Wiebe   LB   Knee   Full   Full   Available

no Meyers will hurt Sask, he is deadly, their OL will be rough

jayrock

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 05, 2024, 07:48:19 PMWINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS   Practice Day   
Michael Chris-Ike   FB   Foot   Full   Full   Questionable
Zach Collaros   QB   Neck   Full   Full   Available
Adam Bighill   LB   Knee   DNP   DNP   Out
Brian Cole   LB   Foot   Full   Full   Questionable
Pat Neufeld   OL   Knee   Full   Full   Questionable
Stanley Bryant   OL   Illness   Limited   DNP   Doubtful
Lucky Whitehead   WR   Ankle   DNP   DNP   Doubtful

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS   Practice Day   
Jayden Dalke   DB   Healthy scratch   Full   Full   Available
Peter Godber   OL   Ankle   DNP   DNP   Out
Jaxon Ford   DB   Wrist   Full   Full   Available
Zack Fry   OL   Elbow   DNP   DNP   Out
Amari Henderson   DB   Shoulder   Full   Full   Available
Bruno Labelle   FB   Healthy scratch   Full   Full   Available
Dohnte Meyers   WR   Shoulder   DNP   DNP   Out
Kian Schaffer-Baker   WR   Hip/Hand   Full   Full   Available
Melique Straker   LB   Hip   DNP   DNP   Out
Nick Wiebe   LB   Knee   Full   Full   Available

no Meyers will hurt Sask, he is deadly, their OL will be rough

No worse then the O line they had pieced together on Sunday. At least this one will have a few practices under their belts.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

theaardvark

If $Durant show up here, I fear he's going to be greeted with more than a thrown hot dog.

His story does not track.  If he had a new baby, then he knew it was on the way when he signed.  To suggest that any coach under MOS would suggest that family does not come first is an outright lie.  This is obfuscation to justify his ripping off the Bombers.  It makes me much more angry at him than I was before when he was just a welcher.

How does he justify "being owed" the $70k?  He prevented us from pursuing other avenues at QB and left us in the lurch, while having done nothing at all for the $70k.  More than the $SMS cap hit he stung us for, he left us less prepared for the season.

Family does come first, and I might suggest that he is the Ahole in signing a contract KNOWING he had a baby on the way and that he'd be leaving his wife behind to play.  Using an excuse like blaming an unnamed coach, well. it doubles the disdain for Durian Durant.  (ever smelt a Durian fruit?)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bunker

I think its pretty clear to all but the most biased rider fans that Durant demonstrated no integrity or honesty in his dealings with the bombers. Either he knew he wasn't going to show up when he signed his contract (which essentially makes him a thief), or he changed his mind, in which case the ethical thing to do is to return the money. By keeping it, he's demonstrating that he'll sell out his name and any principles he has for $70,000. There's no way O'Shea, Richy Hall or Buck would ever pull something like this. Karma is that people notice things like this, and I think any chance Durant has for a future position in the CFL other than with the Riders will be an uphill climb.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 05, 2024, 07:00:26 PMI think we should begin Saturday's game before O Canada with a special ceremony unveiling Darian on the Ring of Honour. Like a completely ironic but serious ceremony, with the jumbotron showing highlights of the time of him announcing his retirement thru the 2019 season leading up to our Grey Cup victory. Just a complete troll move, right in front of his face, the Rider team and coaches, travelling fans, and everyone watching on TV.

This would be the greatest thing ever. And then cap it off with this aged like milk moment: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/durant-hoist-that-trophy-again-1.3817060

Quote"We will hoist that trophy again before I walk out of town. You can mark that down and that will be my next one." said Durant

Loser.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

RebusRankin

Brown should have been suspended. It was a dirty play and worthy of a suspension. Its the second time in a month he's had such a play. CFL discipline is a joke.

bunker

Quote from: RebusRankin on September 05, 2024, 09:47:00 PMBrown should have been suspended. It was a dirty play and worthy of a suspension. Its the second time in a month he's had such a play. CFL discipline is a joke.
Hopefully, he'll get some informal discipline from the bombers on the field.

Sir Blue and Gold

I like that he's playing. Will make it more fun and I think it will result in the Bombers defense playing without the safety on, so to speak. Bring on Saturday!

jdrattops

As long as they include his cart ride off the field in that celebration.

jdrattops

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 05, 2024, 02:34:50 AMI wouldn't.  I'd start Bryant if it's even remotely possible.  I'm positive the SSK D will study and rip apart our patchwork LDC OL now that they have film.  They didn't take as much advantage of our abnormal OL as much as they could have.

And if Neufeld starts, I'd put him on a super short leash!  If the OL starts going back to sucksville, I'd sub Randolph back in.  If it's better, stick with him.  Everything finally worked vs BC when we went 3 IMP OL...

I'm curious on your response... Would you ever think about moving Randolph to RT for Lofton?  The kid has been pretty solid other than those couple quarters when SB went down. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: RebusRankin on September 05, 2024, 09:47:00 PMBrown should have been suspended. It was a dirty play and worthy of a suspension. Its the second time in a month he's had such a play. CFL discipline is a joke.

Was he fined for his dirtbaggery the last time or just this time?
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

dd

Couldn't agree more. In the good ole days, players handled this by cut blocking the guy in an attempt to take out his knees, one guy engages with the guy, the other guy cut blocks him....but that was back in the eye for an eye days....man how i miss those days!!