Adam Bighill appreciation thread

Started by Sir Blue and Gold, September 02, 2024, 02:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Biggie just posted on insta that he is having surgery and season is done.  Didn't hint at retirement though. 

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on September 19, 2024, 01:14:12 PMBiggie just posted on insta that he is having surgery and season is done.  Didn't hint at retirement though. 

fml
#Ride?

jayrock

The missus and I were talking about him after he got hurt that last time, and that it maybe time to Retire. Go out on top, before you really get hurt and start to do more harm the good for the team. I get that he is a big part of the heart of the D but sometimes it is about actions on the field.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

blue_or_die

I will maintain that I think he really wants to play next year and try for a home cup, and then he undoubtedly undoubtedly calls it a career after that.

That of course now hinges on how the recovery goes
#Ride?

theaardvark

Does he become a coach in the future, or does he take his current part time job to full time status?

He can win a home cup as a coach...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 19, 2024, 04:06:59 PMI will maintain that I think he really wants to play next year and try for a home cup, and then he undoubtedly undoubtedly calls it a career after that.

Great player in the past ( HOF ) but I don't expect him back as a starter in 2025. Age and now injury history won't work in his favour. I'm not sure of what his SMS might be but he could be the rotation / DI player.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

I 100% expect him back next season.

Heal up Biggie.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 19, 2024, 04:06:59 PMI will maintain that I think he really wants to play next year and try for a home cup, and then he undoubtedly undoubtedly calls it a career after that.

My thoughts the same. He will be back next year. Can he survive another season who knows but he will be back.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Bluehawk

If there is one player who could pull this off, rehab and come back to be a contributor to our defence...it would be Bighill.  As a fan, I would welcome him back without question. 
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

Blueforlife

Just like Harris it will be a dominant bow for Biggie next year.  Play half the games and win a cup. Has a nice ring to it.
Biggie Biggie Biggie can't you see, next year wouldn't be the same without thee.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Bluehawk on September 19, 2024, 08:43:58 PMIf there is one player who could pull this off, rehab and come back to be a contributor to our defence...it would be Bighill.  As a fan, I would welcome him back without question. 
At a reduced, reasonably reduced salary.

barbk

Quote from: The Zipp on September 19, 2024, 01:14:12 PMBiggie just posted on insta that he is having surgery and season is done.  Didn't hint at retirement though. 
I can't see the organization bringing Adam Bighill back next year, just looking back in the last couple of years.  Examples are Jackson Jeffcoat, Andrew Harris, Darvin Adams and Rasheed Bailey.  Cost of doing business and age doesn't help either.

theaardvark

Quote from: barbk on September 19, 2024, 10:32:09 PMI can't see the organization bringing Adam Bighill back next year, just looking back in the last couple of years.  Examples are Jackson Jeffcoat, Andrew Harris, Darvin Adams and Rasheed Bailey.  Cost of doing business and age doesn't help either.

Harris was a different story.  Jeffcoat is the only one even close to Bighill's team stature, but even then, Biggie as been such a big part of this team for so long.  If he want to play, and can pass the physical, he gets a contract.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: barbk on September 19, 2024, 10:32:09 PMI can't see the organization bringing Adam Bighill back next year, just looking back in the last couple of years.  Examples are Jackson Jeffcoat, Andrew Harris, Darvin Adams and Rasheed Bailey.  Cost of doing business and age doesn't help either.
Good point, I could see this happening as well as an alternative.

Pigskin

Yes, AB4 has been outstanding for this team. But, he will be 36 in a couple of weeks and has a tough year of injuries. Players in every sport have a best before date. Adams rehab and asking price will have a lot to do with whether he plays one more year or not. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.