Adam Bighill appreciation thread

Started by Sir Blue and Gold, September 02, 2024, 02:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Watching the EDM@CGY game... how about trading for EDM's Morgan for MLB?  If they do bad enough to effectively be eliminated before the trade deadline, maybe they go for it?

They said he has the most DTs in the league(?), but that could also be a function of EDM sucking badly most of the year (always on D).
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 03, 2024, 05:25:17 AMWatching the EDM@CGY game... how about trading for EDM's Morgan for MLB?  If they do bad enough to effectively be eliminated before the trade deadline, maybe they go for it?

They said he has the most DTs in the league(?), but that could also be a function of EDM sucking badly most of the year (always on D).
It's not easy to be a Bomber. You've got to be more than just good. Maybe Morgan has what it takes, maybe not.
Go Bombers!

DM83

Edmonton looks like it will pass Calgary in the standings.
I doubt they will tinker with their roster.
Gauthier isn't the answer.
Lots of linebackers should be available from NFL cuts.

LXTSN

Quote from: DM83 on September 03, 2024, 11:34:02 AMEdmonton looks like it will pass Calgary in the standings.
I doubt they will tinker with their roster.
Gauthier isn't the answer.
Lots of linebackers should be available from NFL cuts.
Completely agree and I think that's something everyone on this forum can agree on.
Hypothetically if Bighill is done I would like someone else to get these reps.
Tony Jones has been really impressive with the minutes he's been given. I wouldn't mind him in the MLB spot and then move Ayers to Jones' spot.
Ayers is 6th in the league for ST tackles. I've been pretty impressed with his speed.
I could see big potential with both Jones and Ayers.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 03, 2024, 05:25:17 AMWatching the EDM@CGY game... how about trading for EDM's Morgan for MLB?  If they do bad enough to effectively be eliminated before the trade deadline, maybe they go for it?

Morgan is a bit of a goon, he was responsible or involved in knock out blows to Luther Hakunavanhu and Taylor Powell in Hamilton a few weeks ago.  If you want an overly aggressive player like Micah Awe on the team, he might be a good choice.

As long as Wilson and Cole come back soon I think the Bombers will be good with the LB's they have in house.

GOLDMEMBER

There is nothing to not like about the guy. A Blue Bomber legend! Thank you Adam
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

I think people forget that Tony Jones was the starting MLB in Edmonton last year and was having a pretty good season until he got injured. Coach Jones then replace him with Morgan and he never got his job back. Jones is more then capable of stepping into the MLB spot. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Really liking what Jones brings.  When Wilson comes back, the trio of Jones, Wilson and Kramdi is not one to be taken lightly.  LB's are supposed to hit, but these guys bring it in spades.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on September 03, 2024, 12:59:24 PMCompletely agree and I think that's something everyone on this forum can agree on.
Hypothetically if Bighill is done I would like someone else to get these reps.
Tony Jones has been really impressive with the minutes he's been given. I wouldn't mind him in the MLB spot and then move Ayers to Jones' spot.
Ayers is 6th in the league for ST tackles. I've been pretty impressed with his speed.
I could see big potential with both Jones and Ayers.

I agree. I think there is at least one poster that thinks we're fine with Gauthier. Gauthier does have experience and I think the Riders will have issues this week with their OL. So we might be ok with him this week. I certainly would like to see a change after this week. Trades are unlikely so options are rookie free agents.

We should have been looking for LB's to put on our PR once Wilson and Cole went on 6 game IR. In fact we might have been compiling a short list.

Now that Bighill is injured we may need to do that this week. To some degree it depends on how long he'll be out or whether there is a chance that Wilson or Cole will be returning soon.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

barbk

I wear my #4 BIGHILL autographed jersey (Savage).  Thank you Adam I appreciate you for the dedication you have given to our great city and fans.  Love your biggest fan x/o

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 03, 2024, 04:41:11 PMI agree. I think there is at least one poster that thinks we're fine with Gauthier. Gauthier does have experience and I think the Riders will have issues this week with their OL. So we might be ok with him this week. I certainly would like to see a change after this week. Trades are unlikely so options are rookie free agents.

We should have been looking for LB's to put on our PR once Wilson and Cole went on 6 game IR. In fact we might have been compiling a short list.

Now that Bighill is injured we may need to do that this week. To some degree it depends on how long he'll be out or whether there is a chance that Wilson or Cole will be returning soon.

LB and OL.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

BlueInCgy

It's likely time.  Hopefully Adam can transition into a coaching position.  Unfortunately we probably have more retirees coming up than coaching positions available.

Blue In BC

Just a thought if Wilson isn't coming off the IR any time soon: Maybe we bring back one of the LB's that was here during TC. They might still be interested in a PR role with a chance of getting onto the AR if there is another injury.

Of course their could be dozens of recent NFL cuts that might like a similar offer.

Regardless another LB on the PR instead of so many DB's would be a good trade off?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: BlueInCgy on September 03, 2024, 08:13:30 PMIt's likely time.  Hopefully Adam can transition into a coaching position.  Unfortunately we probably have more retirees coming up than coaching positions available.

Don't know if he would want to take the pay cut, his current and other job probably pay better, and with a young family the time commitment may be asking too much. He may eventually do it, according to LaPo he used to contribute as much to meetings as DC Richie Hall.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 03, 2024, 08:26:26 PMDon't know if he would want to take the pay cut, his current and other job probably pay better, and with a young family the time commitment may be asking too much. He may eventually do it, according to LaPo he used to contribute as much to meetings as DC Richie Hall.

Good point. I think he might be a good candidate but it's time consuming. That said it's less time than actually being a player ( no training ), so it comes down to interest and money.
2019 Grey Cup Champions