Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - Sept. 1, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 31, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitzer

Go_Big_D

Quote from: Jesse on September 02, 2024, 02:18:28 AMI'm sorry, but this is a terrible comment. The guy is 36. He's onion his last season or two regardless of of hits. Seems meaningless to bring up.
ur response is terrible!!

Go_Big_D

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 02, 2024, 02:09:41 AMThis one really was a classic.  Might be game of the year.  Big scoring, lots of 4th Q excitement and many chances for SSK to win.

Surely SSK fans won't be freaking out after this one.

Still don't like that last DPI -- will study later.  Often Os will mug to pull a flag.

actually they r kinda as it was the 5th or 6 th loss in a row

J5V

O'Shea 100% did the right thing taking Zach out of the game. The league needs to very seriously take a look at what passes for CFL football in the city of Regina. As a CFL fan I absolutely dread seeing my team go into that place to be abused. The bad/phantom calls at the most suspicious times, the questionable spots, and the dirtbag play by some of Regina's players needs to be addressed before they kill, maim, or cripple another player. No player should be intentionally targeted for a dangerous hit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zach hung them up and just told the league he has given them enough and is no longer willing to risk his future health and/or his life for their entertainment. Shame on the CFL for allowing this garbage to continue.
Go Bombers!

Go_Big_D

Quote from: J5V on September 02, 2024, 02:56:27 AMO'Shea 100% did the right thing taking Zach out of the game. The league needs to very seriously take a look at what passes for CFL football in the city of Regina. As a CFL fan I absolutely dread seeing my team go into that place to be abused. The bad/phantom calls at the most suspicious times, the questionable spots, and the dirtbag play by some of Regina's players needs to be addressed before they kill, maim, or cripple another player. No player should be intentionally targeted for a dangerous hit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zach hung them up and just told the league he has given them enough and is no longer willing to risk his future health and/or his life for their entertainment. Shame on the CFL for allowing this garbage to continue.

I agrtee.....the league has to take the or make the point to the officials running the game when sask plays to keep an extra eye out for the sask bs play

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BlueInCgy on September 02, 2024, 02:44:12 AMThat being said, if Zach is actually hurt we need to trade for Massoli ASAP.  I don't think Chris can pull us through the race in the west.

OTT won't trade Masoli because they have a legit GC shot this season.

Zach will be fine, the only question is if we "precaution" him next week, just like we did earlier in the season.  He is getting his bell rung way too often this season... it's not hits that are the problem, it's head hits.  Everyone knows he's ultra susceptible and vulnerable in the noggin, and douche bag Ds are taking cheap shots.

Our OL being musical chairs this season isn't helping.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blitzer on September 02, 2024, 02:50:32 AMI'm still listening to the Riders post game phone-in show on the internet. The Riders forum is my next move. Then a repeat of the Bombers post game show. This is going to be a long night.  ;D

What's the best/newest link for that?  I haven't listened since Ms. Butter Voice left.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on September 02, 2024, 02:15:47 AMHarris threw 49 passes ...completed 30...

The 3 man rush needs to be dialled back a bit next game

Definitely, LaPo's praise must have gone to Younger's head, 3 man rush is fine once in awhile, but mix it up and throw in a lot more deception.  WIL and SAM blitzes have almost disappeared, they have to bring those back into the mix once they have enough healthy bodies.

Jesse

Quote from: Go_Big_D on September 02, 2024, 02:46:43 AMpeople r forgetting the bombers first win of the season was with strev as starting QB

Or remembering that he threw for 127 yards in that win.
My wife is amazing!

Blitzer

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 02, 2024, 03:09:48 AMWhat's the best/newest link for that?  I haven't listened since Ms. Butter Voice left.

650 CKOM

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 02, 2024, 02:30:13 AMI think we should do some serious franchise-level MLB shopping right now.  Trade deadline in a few weeks.  Might cost us 1RDP though.

BC has shown that cap doesn't matter, so who cares about SMS cost.

Biggie likely out many games now, and can't make a real GC run without a top-class MLB.  This may be the time to pull the trigger.

Tony Jones could be the replacement MLB once he learns the playbook well enough, till then we'll see a lot of Gauthier.  Hopefully Kyrie comes back soon, anyone know what his injury is and if he's close to participating in practice?

Pigskin

Strev17? Not dominating with the run anymore.

Zach: Was playing well until that cheap late hit.

Nice to have Woli back, 4/6 for 48 yards.

Jones: 7 DTs, 2 PDs.
Holm: 10 DTs, 1 PD.

Short kick: Our hands team was terrible.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on September 02, 2024, 03:12:15 AMOr remembering that he threw for 127 yards in that win.

Ya, but how many running yards for him and Brady??
Never go full Rider!