Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - Sept. 1, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 31, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

I don't like Holm taking the returns.  He may be fast but he's too critical for the D.

Put someone "expendable" out there.

Lucky must be out.  Anyone have any news yet?
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Go Bombers!

barbk

Quote from: markf on September 02, 2024, 12:30:02 AMWhy Holmes on punt return?

Lucky Whitehead I assumed was injured on his last touch on the return

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on September 02, 2024, 12:29:50 AMApart from the int by Zach and potential head injury it was a solid half for the bombers on the road.

It was an insanely good half.  Must be our best half of the whole season.  Against what is supposed to be a great D.

Not over yet and I still wouldn't bet against SSK even with our lead.  But ya, I'll happily take what we've achieved so far and super kudos to the coaches/coords for coming up with such an amazing plan to overcome our major handicaps.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Well at least Dunigan said the hit on Zach was "uncalled for" and should result in a fine.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on September 02, 2024, 12:31:39 AMLucky Whitehead I assumed was injured on his last touch on the return

Holm has done 2 returns now.  Lucky went down earlier and held his thigh.  Hammy?  The hit he took didn't look special, but you never know.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

If I'm SSK, assuming they aren't completely demoralized, I'm telling my guys to come out and play ultra-smashmouth in the 2nd H.  The physicality has been way down from what you'd expect.

If they keep playing soft not only will they lose this game, but we'll be fully healthy and unbruised for Banjo Bowl.

The first SSK drive after halftime may be critical to the outcome.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

dd

That late hit by brown on Collaros was a full 2 steps after the ball was gone and a compressed, directed hit to the head-to me, that's rough play- it was a direct intent to injure, he should have got 25 yards and a game penalty for that. But the refs don't have the stones to kick guys out of the game, so maybe they revise the Ur rule to allow for 25 yd ur s just like there's 10 yd and 15 yd misconduct penalties. But no way brown should get a measly 15 yd penalty which on the PI play amounted to nothing.

Gotta make player pay for deliberate blows to the head. Sure he ll get fined, but kick him out of the game for that hit and chances are he doesn't do,it again. Right now it's a joke

J5V

Riders are feeling it, no doubt. They haven't won in a long time and are down big already in this one. We can crush them psychologically if we score another major and continue to make plays. Even a turnover might do it.

But what about these Bombers. After a horrific start this team is rolling and starting to gel on offense, defense, and special teams. Keep her going boys, keep her going!

Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 02, 2024, 12:41:19 AMso maybe they revise the Ur rule to allow for 25 yd ur s just like there's 10 yd and 15 yd misconduct penalties. But no way brown should get a measly 15 yd penalty which on the PI play amounted to nothing.

He actually got a 0 YD RTP penalty.  It was a free hit on Zach.  He didn't even get a strike for misconduct!

I think that SSK guy was trying to do the same thing that happened a few weeks ago when the guy pushed into Zach with hands and butted Zach's helmet and knocked Zach clean out for 15 secs.  I warned at the time that if they let that go players would just lead with the hands and butt H2H for a free head hit.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if refs/command are saying today's H2H is ok too, because of the hand-leading.  What made this for sure RTP today was that he was way late.

League needs to stop any H2H even when the D "fake leads" with his hands.  Or Zach will be taking more of these because every D player knows that as long as they aren't late they'll get away with it.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

Zach taken out, 0 yards penalty for it.  Not back for the game, can only hope he'll be ok for BB.

However, Strev is basically tailor made for this type of situation: up 15, a dodgy OL.  Let's do the Strev/Brady ground pound and see what the SSK run D can do!

On the bad side: Zach was feeling it and likely would keep producing.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

J5V

Zach out. Just ridiculous. Gawd I hate coming to Regina for a game. What a gross franchise.
Go Bombers!