Parker?

Started by TecnoGenius, August 31, 2024, 05:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 02, 2024, 02:33:55 PMSign Kenny, let Dalton walk. He's a good player but we are spending too much at receiver.

If it came down to it, I'd probably keep Schoen. But I can see both guys taking a haircut next year. They haven't exactly earned their pay checked this year.
My wife is amazing!

bwiser

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 02:41:51 PMI think that was Houston.
Houston gave up the winning touchdown. Parker gave up the first down that would have won the Bombers the Grey Cup

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 02, 2024, 10:50:02 PMIf it came down to it, I'd probably keep Schoen. But I can see both guys taking a haircut next year. They haven't exactly earned their pay checked this year.

Schoen got to where he is via his work ethic and intelligence, Lawler got there on his raw talent.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 05, 2024, 03:04:23 PMSchoen got to where he is via his work ethic and intelligence, Lawler got there on his raw talent.

Well, I feel that's completely made up in your head.

I'd pick Schoen simply because Lawler has never been available over a whole season.

Of course, DS's injury this year makes in a difficult job for Walters. A lot of unknowns.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Both are exceptional and need to remain Bombers for life imo.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 05, 2024, 03:59:24 PMWell, I feel that's completely made up in your head.

I'd pick Schoen simply because Lawler has never been available over a whole season.

Of course, DS's injury this year makes in a difficult job for Walters. A lot of unknowns.

I thought it was pretty obvious, Dalton isn't that fast and he doesn't make circus catches.  His skill set lies in knowing the playbook inside out and backwards and putting out max effort by going 100% on every route, which DB's are not used to and don't expect. Watch him closely and that's exactly what you'll see.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bwiser on September 05, 2024, 02:21:12 PMHouston gave up the winning touchdown. Parker gave up the first down that would have won the Bombers the Grey Cup

Can't fault Houston for that one.  Perfect throw to a diving Philpot just beyond the reach of (in front!) Houston's fingers.  That's basically impossible to defend and it's amazing Houston even got that close to stopping it.

I've always wondered if they called a diving catch on purpose or if Philpot just did what needed to be done at the moment... If he kept running instead (say the ball was thrown a little more left) I bet Houston dives and bats it down.

Yes, the Parker 3rd down was the one that could have / should have been defended.  But we were confused because who calls a 15Y out on a 3rd & 3 to win a GC??  Parker was all out of sorts on that play.  He was still in front, so if he had any sense of where that ball was going he could have high-pointed it and knocked it down.  And we still had to honor the Stanback explosion run at that point.  Great plan + good execution meant our doom.
Never go full Rider!