Elks at Stamps Labour Day Game Thread Mon 5PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on September 02, 2024, 10:15:00 PMAmateur hour for the stamps

I'm not sure I've ever seen 2 CFL receivers run into each other like that!  What is this, baseball?

Wild.  That might have been a TD had one caught it and the other blocked.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 02, 2024, 10:18:24 PMWhat a catch by Gittens. Wow!

That's the type of catch we're used to Kenny doing.  That was insane and thought for sure it was overthrown.  I never knew Gittens was that capable.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 02, 2024, 10:30:09 PMairball duck for Maier

1Q4:04 I can't believe how stupid Hyman was.  After that Keystone Receivers goof on a previous serious, this clown comes out and lets a ball be intercepted, then purposefully dodges the INTer D when he's down... he would have been down by contact at the 20 just like a decent punt!

Then the dude steps OOB by himself and then runs back in to take an illegal participation flag!  I was screaming at the screen realtime at this doofus.

Dickenson The Greater must have been blowing his top like some cartoon steam whistle!  Dude might have just played himself out of a job next week...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on September 02, 2024, 10:35:13 PMI don't think you can say if Ford is good enough or not till he's had a chance to play. Not just a few games. A season.

What's Jake maier done?

Look at the number of starts he's had. Still starting.

A) Sunk cost: CGY has invested so much on Maier, they will do practically anything to see it pay off.

B) Maier is basically a Dave Dickenson.  They are so similar as QBs, and they are on the same page in terms of offensive philosophy.

C) Also like Dave, Maier is not very athletic: the idea is to be a good QB by playing smart and out-thinking the opponent.  The idea is to be overly cerebral.

D) Ford is like the anti-Maier: he's basically nothing but athleticism.  They are complete opposites.

Ford has been fairly good on most of his starts.  He clearly should get a chance, but it might not be in EDM.  If I'm a GM, and I want to win 2 of the next 3 games, I start Ford.  But if I want any chance at all at going deep in the playoffs for the next 2 seasons, I may roll with Maier.  Maybe.  (I wouldn't have issue (A) above so maybe not.)  Maier does still have a small shot at evolving into a decent game manager.

Most people will admit if they signed Ford as #1 that they fear he will get hurt all the time because he's a "running QB".  And also that Ds who get enough film will "figure him out" eventually.  But VAJ had the same stigma for much of his career... so you never know!

Right now, for once, the CFL has "enough" QBs that Ford is once again placed on the back burner.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on September 02, 2024, 10:40:27 PMYour number one qb and backup are down..you can choose strevler or Maier (who aren't with your team)to start the playoff game..who are you taking?

If I'm WPG, I'm taking Strev because it better suits our run-first philosophy.  Maier is like a poor man's Matt Nichols... a game manager, but who can't yet manage games.

To pick Maier you'd have to believe Maier's main problem is Dickenson, and that he might be better in our system.  I'm not sure that's the case.  He smells like a Franklin that was just hung onto too long.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 02, 2024, 10:50:05 PMWhat happened to Boris Bede? Is he injured?

They put him on 1GIR.

I bet what really happened is Jarius doesn't want to get fired on the same Bede misses that cost Jones his job.   :o  :o  :o
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 02, 2024, 11:08:09 PMHow many times has Dickenson tried to draw a team offside on third down and it never works?

One of our guys fell for it earlier this season... Can't remember which opponent.  Maybe CGY, LOL

I went mental @PAS.  Never want to see that again from our D.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 03, 2024, 12:30:36 AMCrazy fumble but scooped by speedy Jones

That's insane.  CGY gets the stop!  A huge fumble deep in EDM's end which would set them up for a sure TD... and instead EDM picks it up and runs for a near-TD.

CGY got punished for their D making the "better" play (fumble) vs if they just tackled Gino!  Doh.

That's a bad break and might cost the game.  They had a chance at a comeback up to that point.  Kind of like that ST TD we got in SSK, sometimes the breaks go your way.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on September 02, 2024, 11:51:25 PM"The game is stopped, the spider cam doesn't move anymore"

This is an instant classic.  Maybe better than "this is a wash".  Need to sample this one for posterity.

Proulx's announcements will live on down through CFL history.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 03, 2024, 12:49:57 AMWhat a return by Logan! Wow!

Except for the Victoria snoozefest, the CFL has not disappointed this weekend!!
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 03, 2024, 06:44:00 AMThis is an instant classic.  Maybe better than "this is a wash".  Need to sample this one for posterity.

Proulx's announcements will live on down through CFL history.
Hey, remember the movie BABY DRIVER? Remember how he recorded everything and made music mixes out of it? Someone needs to do that with Andre Proulx's iconic utterances.
Go Bombers!

Blueforlife

Quote from: BlueInCgy on September 03, 2024, 01:04:59 AMYou truly have no filter, do you PJ.  He was hot garbage through most of the first half.

On the same topic, since most of us clearly don't want to read PJs posts, where's the button to mute everything he writes?  Asking for half the forum.....
Was just having a little fun as MBT had a career night?
He didn't play bad.  Yes took a bit to get warmed up.  Decent 1st half, lights out 2nd.  Have to take this performance with a grain  of salt because Calgary is bad but MBT is great when on.  Just inconsistent and has throw a lot of timely picks in the past.

I have lots of people on here that interact with me on a daily basis, like my posts and agree with me.  Someone even reach out on a PM to support me yesterday (Strev debate).  Yup I also rub people the wrong way.  My post volume is high and I post strong opinions so that's how is it and I'm fine with that.  Over generalizing imo.  Yes some don't like me on here.  We are all allowed to post what we want as long as it follows the rules.  If you post a strong opinion it will likely have a reply.

I don't have his 1st half stats, genuinely interested to know what they were if anyone has the ability to post that.

Yes no filter.  Here to voice my opinion and that's what we all come on here to do.

Please focus on the CFL not me.  This is a GDT not a PJ GDT lol. 

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 03, 2024, 02:32:03 AMLOL. He wants to know too so he can block my responses to him.
I simply asked you to stop personally attacking me and over generalizing things and you simply contined to do so.  You have done that in the past as well on occasion and I got fed up.  I enjoy your content on here (when it not about me) and hope we can focus on ball going forward.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 03, 2024, 03:09:53 AMYep probably 3/4.
Quote from: dd on September 03, 2024, 01:23:20 AMYa is Maier married to dickenson s daughter or something?? He has been at best a mediocre Qb, I just don't know what they see in him. They ll finish last in the west this year
No need to pile on x2. It's a football forum not a popularity contest.  What people really do need to see is people talking PJ not football.  Trying to avoid that.

I will do my best not to offend or annoy anyone here as best I can.  I would appreciate the same.

theaardvark

Quote from: The Zipp on September 02, 2024, 11:51:25 PM"The game is stopped, the spider cam doesn't move anymore"

Almost as good as:

"The kick hit the scoreboard...which is pretty odd. We're going to redo everything," Major said.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 03, 2024, 12:48:15 PMWas just having a little fun as MBT had a career night?
He didn't play bad.  Yes took a bit to get warmed up.  Decent 1st half, lights out 2nd.  Have to take this performance with a grain  of salt because Calgary is bad but MBT is great when on.  Just inconsistent and has throw a lot of timely picks in the past.

I have lots of people on here that interact with me on a daily basis, like my posts and agree with me.  Someone even reach out on a PM to support me yesterday (Strev debate).  Yup I also rub people the wrong way.  My post volume is high and I post strong opinions so that's how is it and I'm fine with that.  Over generalizing imo.  Yes some don't like me on here.  We are all allowed to post what we want as long as it follows the rules.  If you post a strong opinion it will likely have a reply.

I don't have his 1st half stats, genuinely interested to know what they were if anyone has the ability to post that.

Yes no filter.  Here to voice my opinion and that's what we all come on here to do.

Please focus on the CFL not me.  This is a GDT not a PJ GDT lol. 
I simply asked you to stop personally attacking me and over generalizing things and you simply contined to do so.  You have done that in the past as well on occasion and I got fed up.  I enjoy your content on here (when it not about me) and hope we can focus on ball going forward.
No need to pile on x2. It's a football forum not a popularity contest.  What people really do need to see is people talking PJ not football.  Trying to avoid that.

I will do my best not to offend or annoy anyone here as best I can.  I would appreciate the same.

You're your own worst enemy. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 03, 2024, 04:47:53 PMYou're your own worst enemy. :)
Please stop personally attacking me.  Please stop replying to my posts. Please stay on topic.  Please post about the CFL not me.  That would be much appreciated.