Elks at Stamps Labour Day Game Thread Mon 5PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

MarkonFootball:

Roster update, Calgary Stampeders

+Offensive lineman Bryce Bell to 1-game injury list
+Defensive lineman George Idoko has been activated
+Offensive lineman Kyle Saxelid will start in Bells' position.

Blueforlife

Quote from: DM83 on August 29, 2024, 11:12:58 PMFord is crap.  Just a publicity stunt. Can't read a defense. First read covered- he looks to run around. Contain him and make him play like a professional qB .  MacLeod is three times the QB is.

Maier can't contribute much.  If no pressure he is adequate.
I don't agree with name calling.

Ford is a great prospect at QB.  MBT is ahead of Ford but not as much as you suggest imo.

markf

Have any of the broadcasters mentioned anything about working people on Labour Day?

Seems like it might be worth mentioning.

The Zipp

markf

Dickensen going to challenge p.i. Wave hands. Get it.

J5V

Go Bombers!

DM83

My apologies to those I offended on Ford is crap.
He is probably a nice guy, and always happy on the sidelines. He runs around like crazy and is exciting to watch.  However it seems no one has taught him how to read a defense.  That's all.

You all know there are drills that can be practiced, so. QBs can scan the field, and. Then throw to a simulated Open receiver.

Yeah Macleod at least tries to find other players who are open, and distribute the ball.  Ford hs never gotten out of the community club style time when he. Could be a hero running around, and having his daddy dream of glory.  I wish he would distribute the ball.  I wish he would have a  QB coach.  He could be potentially really iconic.  Exciting yes. Winning......well I don't see it.

Blueforlife

Quote from: DM83 on September 02, 2024, 10:21:24 PMMy apologies to those I offended on Ford is crap.
He is probably a nice guy, and always happy on the sidelines. He runs around like crazy and is exciting to watch.  However it seems no one has taught him how to read a defense.  That's all.

You all know there are drills that can be practiced, so. QBs can scan the field, and. Then throw to a simulated Open receiver.

Yeah Macleod at least tries to find other players who are open, and distribute the ball.  Ford hs never gotten out of the community club style time when he. Could be a hero running around, and having his daddy dream of glory.  I wish he would distribute the ball.  I wish he would have a  QB coach.  He could be potentially really iconic.  Exciting yes. Winning......well I don't see it.
Apology accepted

J5V

Does Suitor not know where the 20 yard line is? Good grief!
Go Bombers!

Blueforlife

airball duck for Maier

The Zipp

markf

I don't think you can say if Ford is good enough or not till he's had a chance to play. Not just a few games. A season.

What's Jake maier done?

Look at the number of starts he's had. Still starting.

Some guys get no chance to prove themselves.

The Zipp

Your number one qb and backup are down..you can choose strevler or Maier (who aren't with your team)to start the playoff game..who are you taking?

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on September 02, 2024, 10:33:48 PMI vote for "Trey Time"...
I wouldn't just because he isn't 100%
Otherwise yes
Mbt playing ok

J5V

Quote from: The Zipp on September 02, 2024, 10:40:27 PMYour number one qb and backup are down..you can choose strevler or Maier (who aren't with your team)to start the playoff game..who are you taking?
Streveler.
Go Bombers!