Redblacks at Lions Touchdown Pacific Sat 6PM CT GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Did Suitor really just say that this game is like a "Grey Cup Festival"?

For those of you that mute the TSN broadcast to get rid of Suitor, what do you listen to in it's place?
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 01, 2024, 01:48:57 AMLove the double misconduct you're out of the game rule...gets rid of the A holes real quick!!

More like gets rid of the low IQ dolts real quick... hey wait, maybe that's the same players!

I mean, if you know you got 1 misconduct already and you had a brain, you'd play your most squeaky clean perfect game after that.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on September 01, 2024, 01:49:42 AMI use the TSN app. It's pretty useless for anything other than watching live.

True dat.

But dare I say it?... Cord Cutting has Consequences?
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 01, 2024, 01:57:49 AMTrue dat.

But dare I say it?... Cord Cutting has Consequences?

I don't think I've ever had cable, but yes. Pros and cons.
My wife is amazing!

J5V

When does BC play a team that isn't racked with injuries? Oh look! Next game, Montreal. According to Suitor, Rourke has it all figured out now and is unbeatable. Poor Als are going to get smoked, right?
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 01, 2024, 01:56:17 AMMore like gets rid of the low IQ dolts real quick... hey wait, maybe that's the same players!

I mean, if you know you got 1 misconduct already and you had a brain, you'd play your most squeaky clean perfect game after that.
You would think you'd hold your tongue, but nope, boneheads will be boneheads. That's why i like this new rule, they're gone after 2 plays, that's awesome. The funny part is, I don't even remember to dolt's name!! Perfect

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 01, 2024, 01:54:12 AMI wonder if that's in CGY's future... no room to do anything but tear that thing down and build in the same spot.

There is other open land and a fair sized parking lot they could build beside possibly at McMahon stadium, but no rumours of any new barn coming anytime soon. Was talk of a "field house" in combo with the new Flames arena at one time, but that all fell through when our stupid voters rejected hosting the Winter Olympics. Half or more of the venues already here and Canada is a top contender at the Winter Olympics now. The hockey tournament along would be the hottest ticket in Canada. Would make a profit almost certainly.

The summer Olympics are a white elephant.....just ask Montreal with their eye sore still there (Olympic stadium!). Even this upcoming World Cup of Soccer seems to be a money loser. Amateur soccer is popular in Canada, but to pay big money for overpaid bums who roll on the field with the slightest injury is NOT the Canadian way!! ;)  Messi....could care less. HE shafted all those Vancouver fans bailing out a few months ago for a game at BC Place with a very weak excuse! :(  Thank you for the game cheque, but screw you! :) ;) :D

dd

Quote from: J5V on September 01, 2024, 01:12:23 AMRourke was trying to be humble according to the TSN panel who all said they loved it.
Rourke is an immature spoiled punk. I try to be objective, I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but then he pulls this crap.  Farhan has done nothing but pump his tires at every chance he has, and he pulls this crap on him?!? Shame on him. He should be embarassed for pulling that stunt. Man, he is easy to hate!!

TecnoGenius

Well that is a contender for most-boring game of the season so far!

The only takeaway I'll remember is Rourke snubbing Farhan.  At least Rourke's handlers got to him before the post-game interview!  Two snubs by his man-crush might have left Farhan suicidal.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Rourke's swan dive isn't going to do him any favours with the officials going forward either. What a hilariously bad flop, too.

J5V

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 01, 2024, 02:14:09 AMRourke's swan dive isn't going to do him any favours with the officials going forward either. What a hilariously bad flop, too.
If BC wins the cup this year with Rourke the QB it may rival the Argos winning the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto with Ricky Ray the QB. I mean, David Braley would be proud of Amar S. Doman for pulling this one off and surprise, surprise, there is a BC connection with that 100th Grey Cup too. Check this out from Wikipedia ...

"This was also the second consecutive year that the Grey Cup game involved, and was won by, the team from the host city. The result of the game also meant that Argonauts owner David Braley became the first team owner to win back-to-back Grey Cups with two different teams; Braley also owned the 2011 champions, the BC Lions.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Well, Betts ended with 3DT and 1 sack.  And he seemed to only play maybe 1/3 of snaps as they ramp him back up to speed?

Ya, that's 1 sack BC wouldn't have had otherwise if they were just playing Falaniko, the other DE.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Ottawa was exposed.  They are done.  Rourke beat up on a lousy team.
No sympathy for Farhan. The guy won't leave the coast, and every team from BC is the greatest.  Suitors partner is a wannabe and desperate to be loved.  Is he the guy that every game says " I can't believe it"

Nice to see a great game plan and Rourke find the open guys, though!

Jesse

Quote from: DM83 on September 01, 2024, 12:30:35 PMOttawa was exposed.  They are done.  Rourke beat up on a lousy team.
No sympathy for Farhan. The guy won't leave the coast, and every team from BC is the greatest.  Suitors partner is a wannabe and desperate to be loved.  Is he the guy that every game says " I can't believe it"

Nice to see a great game plan and Rourke find the open guys, though!

I don't think Ottawa is as good as their record indicates, but I don't think they were exposed either.

There have been a lot of ups downs for every team not named Montreal.
My wife is amazing!

markf

Ottawa Dubois  large man catching BC kick returner was exciting.

How many rushing attempts by Ottawa?

Not many. CFL Offensive coaches are not running the ball, I would be interested in the explanation.

Lions started the game with lots of runs.