Redblacks at Lions Touchdown Pacific Sat 6PM CT GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 01, 2024, 01:25:03 AMTwo horrible calls against Ottawa to snuff out a drive. A "trip" and a "hold" neither of which were anything.

"Trip" on the OL was laughable.  And Suit's saying "maybe with his hands" was the icing on the cake.

By definition a trip must be with your feet or lower leg.  A "trip with the hands" is also known as a: tackle.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on September 01, 2024, 01:26:55 AMStupid early starts. I can only start watching in the 4th quarter after the kids go down and the game is essentially over.

PVR!  Then start the GDT at the beginning and follow along with the timestamps: and don't look ahead!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 01, 2024, 01:29:57 AMWow! Another "tripping" call against Ottawa to take away a sack. This game certainly has an odour to it.

That 2nd trip was legit.  Not sure I've ever seen a game with 2 trips called before, though!

I'm really starting to like and respect Dyce for being the smartest flag-wrangler in the league.  He gets it out in his hand in a real hurry and looks real antsy, but he's the best at holding back and not wasting challenges on sure-losses.
Never go full Rider!

barbk

Quote from: J5V on September 01, 2024, 01:33:47 AMFor those of you that play the weekly pickems how many of you took BC?
23 out of 33 picked BC to win over Ottawa

J5V

Followed up by a terrific punt by Ottawa over everyone's head and a .... no yards penalty against Ottawa. How many penalties in a row is that? LOL!
Go Bombers!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 31, 2024, 11:40:52 PMAlthough even if you get Victoria people excited enough to want to come to mainland games, it's a very difficult trek.  Not something the average fan would want to do every other week all season.

I actually lived in Victoria for 8 years in the 1990's. Yes, the trek to get over to the mainland is a hassle, but I did it several times with buddies in Victoria or meeting people over in Vancouver. Usually though it was in combo deal with going to a Canucks home game too, so had a double header sports weekend. Also went to the 1994 GC in Vancouver while living in Victoria.

Outside a Winnipeg game, I did not go to Lions game just for that alone though normally. I had friends in Vancouver too so if something was on when I went to go visit maybe I would go as well.

My friend who still lives in Victoria is going to this year's GC along with his brothers who live in Alberta. So people will travel if it's an event or they are Prairie nomads cheering for Edmonton/Calgary/Sask or Winnipeg or just general CFL fans.

Certainly to trek over for every BC home game is ridiculous unless you have a private plane or something to get over there without costing an arm and a leg. I am not sure how good the reseller market is in BC for Lions tickets. If you could at least break even on season's tickets it might be worth it still. 

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 01, 2024, 01:33:47 AMFor those of you that play the weekly pickems how many of you took BC?

Me!  I knew Dru would stink without his comfort-outlet Rs.  Acklin especially was a huge favorite of his, after being ignored most of last year by the other QBs.

Plus, Rourke was going to figure it out eventually.  Why not an "exhibition" game in Victoria?

Plus plus, Betts was going to be destructive.  He's the God Mode cheat for BC.  It's like if we could hire a duplicate of Willie tomorrow completely off the cap.

Every time Betts disrupts or sacks the opponent all year we all need to remember it's fake cheating that would not otherwise occur if BC was not "cheating" the cap.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: barbk on September 01, 2024, 01:41:52 AM23 out of 33 picked BC to win over Ottawa
Thanks Barb! That's why I love this forum. Highest fan IQ in the league!
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 31, 2024, 11:47:39 PMThat should be a penalty against Stanback. If you loose your helmet tou need to stop running.
10 yd penalty in amateur football, but not in pro football. He should have had to leave the game for 3 plays though and he didn't, that's in the CFL rulebook.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: barbk on August 31, 2024, 11:55:27 PMMaybe they should try that in Toronto (play at a university stadium) looks better for the CFL showing fans in the stands

They already have some years ago at Varsity stadium although that might have been a pre-season game only.

When the Cats had to play outside of Hamilton while Tim Horton's field was still being built, that was a bit of joke! Guelph if I recall correctly. Looked amateurish. No proper FULL facilities even. 

dd

Love the double misconduct you're out of the game rule...gets rid of the A holes real quick!!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 01, 2024, 01:36:45 AMPVR!  Then start the GDT at the beginning and follow along with the timestamps: and don't look ahead!

I use the TSN app. It's pretty useless for anything other than watching live.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Why is a guy named Rider Varga who went to U of Regina not playing for SSK?
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 01, 2024, 01:51:24 AMWhy is a guy named Rider Varga who went to U of Regina not playing for SSK?
Isn't it bad enough his parents named him "Rider"? He should be a free pass for life to never have to play for Regina.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 01, 2024, 01:46:22 AMWhen the Cats had to play outside of Hamilton while Tim Horton's field was still being built, that was a bit of joke!

I wonder if that's in CGY's future... no room to do anything but tear that thing down and build in the same spot.
Never go full Rider!