Redblacks at Lions Touchdown Pacific Sat 6PM CT GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2024, 06:07:42 PMThis is a discussion that was in a string last year. Yes they can pay him more but if they are going to do that they may as well put him on 1 game IR. PR spots are limited.

I suppose he might be getting a bit more but expect he will make the AR soon. He has chemistry with Brown and CFL experience over 2 rookies.

Redblacks lost 2 starting receivers to what may be long term injuries.

You can't put a player in the 1 game IR who isn't injured.  If you give him an "injury" he has to agree to the diagnosis and the IR allocation. 

No player wants to have a history of being on the IR. 

If the pay is the same, and the $SMS hit is the same, the PR could be a preferable place for a player to be to work his way onto a roster.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on August 31, 2024, 07:37:16 PMYou can't put a player in the 1 game IR who isn't injured.  If you give him an "injury" he has to agree to the diagnosis and the IR allocation. 

If the pay is the same, and the $SMS hit is the same, the PR could be a preferable place for a player to be to work his way onto a roster.

Teams do it all the time. I already pointed out how teams in the last couple of weeks of the season add a bunch of players from their PR. The corresponding move it to move a bunch of starters to the 1 game IR.

Veterans generally don't get moved to the PR.

I can almost guarantee that if our last regular season game has no meaning in the standing, this will happen again. Ditto for each other team. It's virtually written in stone to protect starters from injury in what amounts to a pre season game testing the rookies.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Quote from: theaardvark on August 31, 2024, 07:37:16 PMYou can't put a player in the 1 game IR who isn't injured.  If you give him an "injury" he has to agree to the diagnosis and the IR allocation. 

I would think there is a bigger stigma of being on a practice roster than an injured list.

Espically since it is well know that healthy players are sitting on 1 game lists across the league as we speak.

As well, if I were a GM and was willing to pay a practice roster player a full game salary I would put them on the 1 game. There is no risk of another team scooping in and stealing them.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on August 31, 2024, 05:28:47 PMHow is Ottawa running game?

I would be running at this guy, if possible.

" The secondary will also be reshuffled, with T.J. Lee moving to strong-side linebacker"

OTT RB Armstead is one of the best this season (ask fantasy players).  And OTT is fully committed to the run.  Nearly as much as we are.  That is why they are winning more this year even though their roster on paper looks anemic.

I would expect OTT to run like crazy because of their starting 2 nobodies at R.  Dru has lost his favorite targets.  The only bright spot is Mardner has awakened as a real threat.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 31, 2024, 10:43:08 PMOTT RB Armstead is one of the best this season (ask fantasy players).  And OTT is fully committed to the run.  Nearly as much as we are.  That is why they are winning more this year even though their roster on paper looks anemic.

I would expect OTT to run like crazy because of their starting 2 nobodies at R.  Dru has lost his favorite targets.  The only bright spot is Mardner has awakened as a real threat.

Just recalling Tommy Condell is now the OC in Ott., maybe he wasn't the problem in Hammy he was made out to be.

barbk

Wouldn't the owner of BC Lions be losing money playing this game in Victoria?  I don't understand the concept of them playing there.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 31, 2024, 10:58:35 PMJust recalling Tommy Condell is now the OC in Ott., maybe he wasn't the problem in Hammy he was made out to be.

I was never a Condell fan, but he did honor the run and call a balanced game.  He did take them to both cups vs us, though of course couldn't seal the deal.
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Left tackle is down for the Lions. They only dressed 6 olinemen.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on August 31, 2024, 11:08:17 PMWouldn't the owner of BC Lions be losing money playing this game in Victoria?  I don't understand the concept of them playing there.

It may be some agreement with the league.  They love to do these "touchdown <whatever>" games.  And it is good for the CFL overall.

It could help BC in one way: get some Victoria fans excited enough to come in for future regular Lions games.  However, that is a small-ish market.

Tinfoil on: maybe they agreed Ambrosie would turn a blind eye to the massive SMS overage if BC agreed to "sacrifice" a home game to Victoria.  :o  :o  :o
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 31, 2024, 11:13:56 PMLeft tackle is down for the Lions. They only dressed 6 olinemen.

BC fans may be about to experience what we will tomorrow...

That said, I slowmo'd the Broxton "roll up on" and it was barely anything.  I bet he comes back in.  The only thing I can think of is that knee was already bad because he had that brace on it.  More freezing, more tape, more brace, get back out there Broxton!
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Quote from: barbk on August 31, 2024, 11:08:17 PMWouldn't the owner of BC Lions be losing money playing this game in Victoria?  I don't understand the concept of them playing there.

Marketing - owner can afford to lose some money to get exposure across other markets in BC.  if he is in for the long haul in BC it might make sense to do things like this to build relevance and get people talking about the team.  Could see them doing something in the Kelowna area some day. 

Pretty small stadium- did they announce the attendance?

The Zipp

gobombersgo

Quote from: The Zipp on August 31, 2024, 11:27:17 PMMarketing - owner can afford to lose some money to get exposure across other markets in BC.  if he is in for the long haul in BC it might make sense to do things like this to build relevance and get people talking about the team.  Could see them doing something in the Kelowna area some day. 

Pretty small stadium- did they announce the attendance?

markf

Weak block attempt by Macinnes by the goal.

Lions have a special ticket offer for fans on Van island for some games in Vancouver...

And the ticket gets you from ferry to stadium and back. So they are building their fan base with this game.

There are a lot of Prairie cfl fans on the island. My bro in law from Regina has been to two games v riders in vancouver

The Zipp