Redblacks at Lions Touchdown Pacific Sat 6PM CT GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

What will the Lions do? Start VAJ or Maple Boy? If Rourke goes does he start to play better yet? Lots of questions. I would love to see Brown stick it to them!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Rourke has already been named the starter. I don't believe they will bench him unless he has the worst day every. He has to play through re-adjusting to the CFL game.

EDIT:

The Lions lost as much due to the Bomber offence being better than the Lions defence. Obviously our defence has been playing better than opponents offences including the Lions. So it's not all on him.

However the Redblacks are playing pretty well and Brown may throw for 400 yards this weekend. He's on a roll.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2024, 01:45:39 PMRourke has already been named the starter. I don't believe they will bench him unless he has the worst day every. He has to play through re-adjusting to the CFL game.

Are you going to Victoria?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 28, 2024, 01:50:10 PMAre you going to Victoria?

No. That's a pretty expensive trip with the ferries and all the potential delays and cancellations happening. Retired / fixed income and all that.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Stats Junkie

Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2024, 01:45:39 PMRourke has already been named the starter. I don't believe they will bench him unless he has the worst day every. He has to play through re-adjusting to the CFL game.

EDIT:

The Lions lost as much due to the Bomber offence being better than the Lions defence. Obviously our defence has been playing better than opponents offences including the Lions. So it's not all on him.

However the Redblacks are playing pretty well and Brown may throw for 400 yards this weekend. He's on a roll.

Pretty much been his M.O. since returning...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Redblacks lose Santos-Knox to 6 game IR. That's unfortunate.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

From Tim Baines:

I'm hearing the #Ottawa #Redblacks are likely adding WR Rasheed Bailey to the practice squad.  #CFL

ModAdmin

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 28, 2024, 11:55:35 PMFrom Tim Baines:

I'm hearing the #Ottawa #Redblacks are likely adding WR Rasheed Bailey to the practice squad.  #CFL

Have to wonder if Dru Brown had some influence on that decision.  Good for Rasheed though.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2024, 09:50:52 PMRedblacks lose Santos-Know to 6 game IR. That's unfortunate.

That hurts them for sure.  Our ol' JSK sure put together a great career after leaving... no surprise to anyone in WPG.  He'd make a good interim Biggie replacement if he retires next year... (but OTT will never let him go)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 28, 2024, 11:55:35 PMFrom Tim Baines:

Smart move by OTT, but they'll have to use him like Sheed and not like Acklin.  For Sheed's sake, I hope they gave him a big payday (per-game speaking).
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

dd

Good for him, was wondering why he hadn't surfaced before now...Ottawa has some depth now at receiver and preparing for the playoff run east is going to be tough between them Toronto and Montreal.