Lions at Redblacks GDT Saturday 6pm CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 22, 2024, 12:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on August 24, 2024, 11:42:36 PMRhymes signature move

Yup!   :D  :D   We've seen that OPI stiff arm before!
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 25, 2024, 02:23:24 AMBombers are now in 2nd play due to winning the series against the Lions.

Extra bonus is that Brown is looking very good in Ottawa and holding their ground in the standings.

Good news that Acklin has movement in all extremities. Caution and immediate attention is critical on the field.

Does BC have a game in hand because TSN is showing them in 2nd place.
Go Bombers!

BlueInCgy

Rourke looked .... Middle of the pack at best.  If he messes the bed again next week there could be some serious buyers remorse setting in.

Dru, on the other hand, is the real thing.  Hindsight would have been to give him Zach money and let Zach go.  Or not bring back Streveler and Schoen (nothing against Dalton but he's been injured for the better part of two seasons.

But best result for us.  I would have never imagined we'd be one point out of first heading into LDC.  Now the Esks need to lose.

BlueInCgy

Also, someone needs to send Suitor to school.  And get new glasses.  He's bordering on Rod Black incompetence.

TecnoGenius

OTT lighting seems a little better tonight.  Did the league listen?

I noticed a lot of camera aperture adjustments in live-time so maybe they are just fixing it with camera tricks instead of really fixing the actual lights?  The EZs still seem very dark, and shadows are still everywhere.

EDIT: I take it back!  The beginning was looking brighter because the sun was still up, doh!  OTT lighting still hot garbage!  FIX IT AMBROSIE!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on August 24, 2024, 11:54:27 PMno one knows what to challenge anymore

I do!  I really do!  Read the "2023 command" thread.

Quote from: The Zipp on August 24, 2024, 11:56:12 PMI wouldn't challenge that 2 point conversion attempt

Today?  Nope, probably not going to win that one.  2023?  Almost certainly win it because early; twisting/grabbing; arm-barring.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Haha, ref #78 screwed up on the missed Ward FG in the 3rd!  He indicated a wide-kick instead of a dead ball!  Then the returner dances and gets tackled in EZ and back ref signals a single (say that 10 times fast).

The score-keeper wasn't impressed and never gave them the point, LOL.  At least someone knows the rules!

Admonishment for #78 incoming...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Mardner the fantasy vulture tonight!  I'm at 11:00 left and he already has 2 TD and big yards!  Hat trick incoming?

I still find it funny they replaced:

Mariner for
Mardner

What are the odds of that!

Clearly they made the right choice!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Ouch!  Acklin!  What a season for CFL injuries!  It's crazy.

I want to say one semi-related thing: Acklin didn't need to jump/hop.  Most players do.  But I noticed Schoen will often do everything he can to keep his feet.  If you keep your feet, the standard for ball retention and TD is far easier.  You leave your feet and you have the dreaded "survive the ground" requirement.

Not dissing on Acklin, who looks to be in big trouble, just pointing out something that always struck me as odd by Schoen.

I've never heard anyone say they don't like Acklin.  He's a well-liked player who would probably find a fit in any team.  Kind of a Denmark type player who isn't the best but can stick in the league a very long time and do some special things.  He looked like he was done for when HAM released him, but I think his best ball is being played in OTT.  Having slinger Dru really helps!  He's probably Dru's #1 or #2 read much of the time.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

The middle mid zone sit is starting to get dangerous.  Especially climbing the ladder.  This isn't the first time this season we've seen some crazy nasty hits in that area and scheme.

When you get zone look you might want to be careful: throw to keep your receivers on the ground, not jumping.

Not everyone will get injured like Acklin, but some will; it's all just luck.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: J5V on August 25, 2024, 02:30:33 AMDoes BC have a game in hand because TSN is showing them in 2nd place.

No. Standings now show Bombers in 2nd place 1 point behind the Riders. If that odd tie game had ended up as a loss for the Riders, there would be a 3 way tie.  I know that's what what if's are like but I found that interesting.

So many games for all teams ending being decided on the last play or last minute.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 25, 2024, 05:13:54 AMI do!  I really do!  Read the "2023 command" thread.

Today?  Nope, probably not going to win that one.  2023?  Almost certainly win it because early; twisting/grabbing; arm-barring.

No, the lighting was as bad as it always has been.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

BBRT

Quote from: BlueInCgy on August 25, 2024, 03:24:43 AMRourke looked .... Middle of the pack at best.  If he messes the bed again next week there could be some serious buyers remorse setting in.

Dru, on the other hand, is the real thing.  Hindsight would have been to give him Zach money and let Zach go.  Or not bring back Streveler and Schoen (nothing against Dalton but he's been injured for the better part of two seasons.

But best result for us.  I would have never imagined we'd be one point out of first heading into LDC.  Now the Esks need to lose.

Speaking of Schoen - what is his status? Is he gone for the year? If so got to wonder if it is time to move on as he has pretty much been gone for the better part of two seasons.

J5V

Quote from: BlueInCgy on August 25, 2024, 03:24:43 AMRourke looked .... Middle of the pack at best.  If he messes the bed again next week there could be some serious buyers remorse setting in.

Very happy for Dru. The guy is a class act all the way and is capitalizing on his chance to be the starting QB with his new team. Ottawa is a very dangerous team with Dru leading the charge. I can't see Ottawa ever allowing him to leave there as much as I'd love to see him in Blue and Gold one day.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BBRT on August 25, 2024, 04:10:51 PMSpeaking of Schoen - what is his status? Is he gone for the year? If so got to wonder if it is time to move on as he has pretty much been gone for the better part of two seasons.

Schoen is gone until next year.  I don't remember the thing, but I'm guessing ACL.

Problem is he was basically league-leading R for 2 years in a row... If we can make him feel like this is his home, he may make a great long-term franchise guy.  Think Stegall.  That could spell small discounts in future years.

Schoen's pretty tough.  I think he'll get over this unfortunate ligament thing and be stronger for it.  This is more a luck thing than an injury-prone thing.  Last season was a bit of a different story, but he wasn't gone nearly as long.

If you want to look at shedding under-productive players... gotta put Kenny in that discussion.  I don't think he's won any 50/50 balls in 2 seasons.
Never go full Rider!