Lions at Redblacks GDT Saturday 6pm CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 22, 2024, 12:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Redblacks' DE Bryce Carter ruled out vs. B.C. Lions
By 3Down Staff -August 23, 2024

The Ottawa Redblacks will be without one of the CFL's premiere pass rushers when they take on the B.C. Lions on Saturday night.

All-star Bryce Carter (shoulder) has been placed on the one-game injured list. Through nine games this season, the 26-year-old has recorded 17 defensive tackles and four sacks. In 18 appearances last year, he amassed 31 defensive tackles, 12 sacks, and two forced fumbles.

Canadian edge rusher Kene Onyeka will get the start in place of Carter, with fellow national Aidan John serving as the only backup end. In 46 career CFL games, Onyeka has recorded 45 defensive tackles, 38 special teams tackles, 11 sacks, and two forced fumbles. American defensive back Bennett Williams will dress to fill the vacant roster spot.

The only other major change for the Redblacks comes at quarterback, where Dru Brown will be back under centre following a one-week hiatus due to a foot injury. The five-foot-11, 191-pound pivot has thrown for 1,936 yards, six touchdowns, and four interceptions through eight games in his first season as a starter. His last full start came nearly a month ago in Ottawa's 33-6 dispatching of Calgary, in which Brown completed 30-of-37 passes for 325 yards, one touchdown, and no interceptions.

Fellow quarterback Tyrie Adams will be a healthy scratch to make room for Brown, with Jeremiah Masoli and Dustin Crum serving as backup and third-stringer respectively.

The Ottawa Redblacks (6-2-1) will host the B.C. Lions (5-5) on Saturday, August 24 at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/23/redblacks-de-bryce-carter-ruled-out-vs-b-c-lions/

The Zipp

Dru Brown is back and he is gonna feel some pressure given how well Masoli played. Hopefully he can channel that and beat the lions who IMO have a suspect D

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on August 23, 2024, 11:12:12 PMDru Brown is back and he is gonna feel some pressure given how well Masoli played. Hopefully he can channel that and beat the lions who IMO have a suspect D

Brown is the future and the one that got the starters contract going forward. He has nothing to worry about from Masoli.

I think Masoli just wanted to get healthy and prove he could still play. I also expect he will retire next season and possibly be a coaching candidate if he's interested.

This is not to say that if Brown struggles a bit that Masoli won't get some series. He's capable of playing well and winning as both a starter and coming off the bench.

That's a nice depth position for the Redblacks to have.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2024, 12:09:09 AMBrown is the future and the one that got the starters contract going forward. He has nothing to worry about from Masoli.

I think Masoli just wanted to get healthy and prove he could still play. I also expect he will retire next season and possibly be a coaching candidate if he's interested.

This is not to say that if Brown struggles a bit that Masoli won't get some series. He's capable of playing well and winning as both a starter and coming off the bench.

That's a nice depth position for the Redblacks to have.

Masoli showed he can still be a 1B QB in this league although one good game back is a small amount to prove much. I think he still wants to win a GC and that might keep him playing for a while. The Kevin Glenn showtime tour of the CFL! :)

GOLDMEMBER

Cryder lose
Blue Bombers win
A Leo's loss would be brilliant here so far this weekend.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

The Zipp

The Zipp

Streak is OVER for Whyte and FG's

GOLDMEMBER

Pete

markf

Lions Macinnes sure takes a beating. tough guy.

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Sweet throw Brown on a rope to Acklin. Beautiful

The Zipp

Dru Brown can sling it..almost threw a pick but came back and zipped it in for a TD