Austin Mack joins the Als

Started by The Zipp, August 19, 2024, 05:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

The rich get richer...good add for them.

TecnoGenius

One word: greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Another sentence: Spieker out?, or fiddle the ratio if Philpot is out long term?
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

He's an excellent receiver. I don't know how long Philpot will be out but losing him even short term is unfortunate. Top Canadian and top receiver. They will resolve the ratio issue if necessary.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

The good news for us is we don't play Montreal again until the final week of the season and judging by how their season is going they'll probably be resting everyone.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 19, 2024, 08:10:53 PMThe good news for us is we don't play Montreal again until the final week of the season and judging by how their season is going they'll probably be resting everyone.

I think we make the cup this year.  So I really hope TOR gets revenge on MTL in the EDF...  TOR always has that GC horseshoe thing going on, but they are a far weaker team than MTL right now.

MTL in 2025 should be a much weaker team because all of these superstar 2023 rookies come off ELC and will be leaving for $greener$ pastures.
Never go full Rider!

RebusRankin

Believe they'll take out Reggie White Jr for Mack unless Speiker is hurt.

theaardvark

Rambo is in Mack's spot... not sure if they move him from there with the success he's had.

Behar is on the other side, not sure if ratio allows that swap.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on August 20, 2024, 07:12:47 PMRambo is in Mack's spot... not sure if they move him from there with the success he's had.

Behar is on the other side, not sure if ratio allows that swap.

Als have assembled an incredible group of receivers, equal to the best group in the CFL  Mack, KJG, Philpot, Tyler Snead, Rambo, Behar with Letcher as the backup.

dd

The strong just got REALLY strong!! Montreal will be extremely tough to beat now, not unbeatable but darn near!,

DCM

Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

J5V

Quote from: dd on August 20, 2024, 08:12:01 PMThe strong just got REALLY strong!! Montreal will be extremely tough to beat now, not unbearable but darn near!,
Yup. We got them just where we want them. 
Go Bombers!

ichabod_crane

You get pressure on ANY QB, that offence can be stopped. Our secondary is at another level this season too.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 21, 2024, 12:38:58 AMYou get pressure on ANY QB, that offence can be stopped. Our secondary is at another level this season too.
Fajardo avoided pressure against us by using quick wideouts to his receivers and Stanback.....basically nullifying our rush and we had no answer for it.  In previous seasons when he played for the Riders we were able to keep him in the pocket and we made his life miserable.  Not so when he played us last time.   He also has great receivers and they just added Mack.....soooo....there's that!
Bomber fan for life

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 21, 2024, 03:29:18 AMFajardo avoided pressure against us by using quick wideouts to his receivers and Stanback.....basically nullifying our rush and we had no answer for it.  In previous seasons when he played for the Riders we were able to keep him in the pocket and we made his life miserable.  Not so when he played us last time.   He also has great receivers and they just added Mack.....soooo....there's that!

Yeah, but this is a re-jacked MUCH BETTER secondary than in the GC last year. The last game of this year may be meaningless to the Als, so will be hard to judge if Fajardo can do the same damage this time around. Might have to wait until another GC this season! :) First game of the year the entire team was still floating off in la-la land, so I discount that one as to where they are now.