Collaros ball control offence allowing the d to be fresh
Jones stepping up
Bonds is a gamer..they aren't even throwing to his area
NIchols and Ford both allstars
Willie continues to create havoc
Demski returning to form
oline giving Zac more time
the bad
we are leaving too many points on the board.. penalty on fords interception, missed fg, 3rd and 1 failure
Biggys injury
the ugly
roarke
strevelers 3rd and short miss ( 3rd in 3 games i think)

markf

Miscellaneous good.  Lucky is playing with an edge.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on August 19, 2024, 07:51:00 PMMiscellaneous good.  Lucky is playing with an edge.

a) I think Lucky has beefed up; he's looking much bigger
b) But still fast
c) He's punishing tacklers and running through guys: no longer the featherweight
d) He's one stoic dog: he took crazy punishment and refused to show any effect when they zoomed in on his face.  That flying hit OOB on a return?  The demolishing of that DB?  Ouch.

All props to Lucky.  I think he's trying to reinvent himself away from the Speedy B type into more a McCrae WR/RB/returner versatility guy.  If he keeps showing this new ability and improvement, we may have to find a way to keep him beyond '24.  There are ways to work around his hands problem.
Never go full Rider!

markf

another to the good...

Rourke had no luck whatsoever scrambling. which he was good at last time round.

not sure how they managed that, but I think one or two of the D linemen are very speedy.

kkc60

Good
Almost everything
Bad
Run D
Ugly
too many points left on the board
Every Lawler play where he didn't catch the ball. Looked disengaged as a blocker, the offsides on third and inches was rough.

J5V

Quote from: kkc60 on August 20, 2024, 10:21:17 PMGood
Almost everything
Bad
Run D
Ugly
too many points left on the board
Every Lawler play where he didn't catch the ball. Looked disengaged as a blocker, the offsides on third and inches was rough.
Yeah, that was bad. So bad Osh made a point of saying something to him about it that everyone heard right then and there.

Kenny's not perfect. But what Kenny is, is very very good. I'm happy to have him back and available. I can't wait to see Zach and him re-establish their chemistry. Gonna be fun!
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: J5V on August 20, 2024, 10:42:22 PMYeah, that was bad. So bad Osh made a point of saying something to him about it that everyone heard right then and there.

Kenny's not perfect. But what Kenny is, is very very good. I'm happy to have him back and available. I can't wait to see Zach and him re-establish their chemistry. Gonna be fun!
I missed the OShea tongue lashing, what did he say?.

J5V

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2024, 12:20:34 AMI missed the OShea tongue lashing, what did he say?.
Paraphrasing, and if someone else remembers it better please chime in, but it went something like "gotta freeze right there (at the line), come to a full stop". He wasn't gentle about it.   :)
Go Bombers!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 20, 2024, 01:12:48 AMa) I think Lucky has beefed up; he's looking much bigger
b) But still fast
c) He's punishing tacklers and running through guys: no longer the featherweight
d) He's one stoic dog: he took crazy punishment and refused to show any effect when they zoomed in on his face.  That flying hit OOB on a return?  The demolishing of that DB?  Ouch.

All props to Lucky.  I think he's trying to reinvent himself away from the Speedy B type into more a McCrae WR/RB/returner versatility guy.  If he keeps showing this new ability and improvement, we may have to find a way to keep him beyond '24.  There are ways to work around his hands problem.

Well....so far he's 10 for 10 on receiving and most of his net yards gained are YAC.....so I think they've utilized his abilities quite effectively.    Add to this his potential to break one off a punt return or KO return and he gives us that X-factor we've missed since losing Grant.   I'd like to see him on a few more jet sweeps as well.....he could just break one!    Love the signing!!
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 21, 2024, 12:20:34 AMI missed the OShea tongue lashing, what did he say?.

One of the only times I've heard MOS dropping bombs on TV!

He wasn't so much mad as exasperated and trying to coach him for the future.  Basically: do X instead, and don't do Y again.
Never go full Rider!

LXTSN

Now keeping Johnson on the roster makes sense. Use him as a blocking WR and Whitehead as the receiving target.
Both of them can manage either role, but Johnson is the better blocker and Whitehead is better and making plays after the catch!

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on August 21, 2024, 02:20:49 PMNow keeping Johnson on the roster makes sense. Use him as a blocking WR and Whitehead as the receiving target.
Both of them can manage either role, but Johnson is the better blocker and Whitehead is better and making plays after the catch!

Is Johnson a better choice than Wheatfall? I don't know but he'd be the next man up choice in theory. Regardless they should throw him a pass every now and then.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2024, 02:27:26 PMIs Johnson a better choice than Wheatfall? I don't know but he'd be the next man up choice in theory. Regardless they should throw him a pass every now and then.

Maybe not, but at this point he's much more experienced and knows the playsheet better than Wheatfall who has only played one game.  Wheatfall may be doomed to spending the season on the PR waiting for another opportunity to perform, with Lucky in the mix he's not even the next up. 

Clercius looks to be the future replacement of Woli. if he stays in Wpg. after his ELC ends, the timing is right.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2024, 02:27:26 PMIs Johnson a better choice than Wheatfall? I don't know but he'd be the next man up choice in theory. Regardless they should throw him a pass every now and then.

Wheatfall hasn't proven anything either. At least Johnson has stayed healthy.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Good

Dominating the Lions on the road with the most widely watched game so far this year!
Willie is in true form once again
Supreme secondary
Great kick coverage especially Benson shoe string tackle

Bad

Zach taking a few nasty shots
Sergio bad miss
Sheehan below average yet again

Ugly

Can't think of much
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!