The Good, the bad, and the ugly.

Started by Jesse, August 19, 2024, 03:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Well, no one else has put it up:

Good

- Defence, Jesus ****** on a bicycle they've been fantastic
- Tyrell Ford, officially scared we're going to lose him next season
- Dropping Rourke on his butt, if he had a good game, that's all we would have heard of next week. We took control of that narrative.
- Demski cool
- Lawler back. Not dominating, but good start.
- Brady took advantage of limited opportunities. 100+ all purpose yards.

Bad

- some injuries

Ugly

- Only Rourke's stat line  8)
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Good
Quick start
Zach
D
BO
Lawler
Bad
Bc
3 and 2 gamble
Doink
Ugly
Rourke

bwiser

Good- Colleros efficient game
    -special teams kick coverage
    -Lawler back and making plays
    -secondary is shutting down everyone
   -Olivera outstanding
Bad-dumb penalty I'm looking at you Lawler
   uncustomary doink
Ugly- injury to Bighill Demski???

blue_or_die

Ugly: Rourke (Cuck-ahhhh!!!)
#Ride?

bunker

I will add Lucky to the good. Thought he had a strong game on punt returns other than the initial bobble, and was good on the plays they gave him on offence. Runs hard for a smaller guy.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: bunker on August 19, 2024, 03:51:08 AMI will add Lucky to the good. Thought he had a strong game on punt returns other than the initial bobble, and was good on the plays they gave him on offence. Runs hard for a smaller guy.

If we could just keep him on instead on Johnson, that would be great.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: bunker on August 19, 2024, 03:51:08 AMI will add Lucky to the good. Thought he had a strong game on punt returns other than the initial bobble, and was good on the plays they gave him on offence. Runs hard for a smaller guy.

Yes, he is 10/10 as a receiver, and has added a really spark for this team. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

bwiser

Quote from: bwiser on August 19, 2024, 03:40:16 AMGood- Colleros efficient game
    -special teams kick coverage
    -Lawler back and making plays
    -secondary is shutting down everyone
   -Olivera outstanding
Bad-dumb penalty I'm looking at you Lawler
   uncustomary doink
Ugly- injury to Bighill Demski???

blue_or_die

It turns out that Lucky Whitehead is actually a good receiver. Whoulda thunk.
#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 19, 2024, 04:11:52 AMIt turns out that Lucky Whitehead is actually a good receiver. Whoulda thunk.

Watched the Handled Internally Podcast last night on YouTube featuring Lucky with Ed Tait and Darren Cameron. I think he's often misconstrued as a happy go lucky guy, but you get the sense that he's super competitive and he comes from a very tough background. Of course none of these topics are explored in depth, the discussion is mostly pretty trivial.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 03:52:23 AMIf we could just keep him on instead on Johnson, that would be great.

Someone (thanks!) pointed out in the GDT how it was Johnson that made a superb edge contain block on the DL for a huge Brady run.  I saw it live but didn't know who it was, so I'll take their word for it for now.  But it was an awesome and critical block or Brady probably only gets 2Y there.

At the rate both SBs are going, vying for that single spot, Lucky will win it "the MOS way".  He's looking much better for us than he did his last year in BC.  Maybe we are using him more to his strengths (not going for the 60Y hands 50/50).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

GOOD

Off the away-game schneid baby!!
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: bwiser on August 19, 2024, 03:40:16 AMBad-dumb penalty I'm looking at you Lawler

Yeah, WHAT WAS HE THINKING?! You know it's a run play 100% and he jumps the gun? Not thinking obviously at that moment.

ichabod_crane

This team looks fired up now. They can smell they are back in the groove and letting all the doubters know they are BACK BABY!! ;)